Format: DVD|Change

on 14 November 2012
Somehow, this second season left me wishing that the first season had been an episode longer or this an episode shorter, as it was neither as funny nor as well-paced as Series 1. The guys are on the run, trying to launder the money that at least three of them didn't want to take in the first place, which leads them to a different island and a new set of problems. Unfortunately, for me the problems of laundering money just aren't as interesting as the problems of hiding dead bodies. At least we do find out the "why" of Aldo, which makes him a more sympathetic character (too bad he's dead), but in the meantime, there's a time-wasting romance between John Simm and a chance-met young woman, a great deal of bickering, an old woman, a sacrificed goat, and many long shots of cars on isolated roads. The best scene, for my money, was a stand-off between Glenister's beyond-despair Quinn and David Warner's jaded drug-lord, about which I wish I could say more.
VINE VOICEon 10 February 2012
This is a review of the television episodes.Series 1 was left with some questions and so when it finished i hoped they would do another series and they did.The story continues from series one with the guys getting in deeper and deeper and i thought the story couldnt be stretched out for another 4 episodes but it was well written and works well i think but in some places it was a little drawn out but never for too long and i know some people will say its getting a little far fetched now but the one thing for me,or better still the 4 things here are the lead actors Phil Glenister,John Simm,Max Beesley and Mark Warren who for me are just so fantastic in there acting and performance here it just keeps me gripped.The story is explained more in this series and helps to tie things up here and there from series one but i wont give anything away.Top quality acting and drama and i highly recommend this to anyone however if you are going to watch mad dogs then you need to see series one first to know the story in full.
on 27 July 2012
Having really enjoyed Series One this was very disappointing. The acting is good, but the story line weak in my opinion and nowhere near as amusing as the first series.
on 10 February 2012
When I discovered the first series of Mad Dogs, I felt like I'd struck gold. It was brilliant. Genius script, believable funny characters with a thrilling story. So I eagerly awaited the second return of Mad Dogs as they struggled with the aftermath of the first series' events. I finished the last episode yesterday and my partner and I felt disappointed. There are still real moments of humour which carried it through and the actors are all still brilliant and they work well with what they're given but I felt the plot fell a bit short this time. It's a bit farcical and not that believable and I hate to say it but it's a bit slow moving and left me wanting more (not in an exciting, cliff hanger way).

At the end of last night's episode, they said a third series is confirmed (which makes sense when you see the ending)so I am putting all my hope that it will come back fighting. There are other really positive reviews, and don't get me wrong, it was entertaining enough for me to continue 'til the end but it falls short of its phenominal first series and that's why I've been a bit harsh. I'm honestly disappointed and I feel I've given an honest review that reflects this. The acting and humour is still there, but unfortunately I feel the second series of Mad Dogs has lost its thrill.
on 25 May 2012
The cast were brilliant , I loved Philip Glenister and John Simms in Life on Mars,and Marc Warren, and Max Beesley were hillarious alongside them in Mad dogs.
Series One left lots of unanswered questions of which series 2 answered most of them, however I think that it should have ended there ,a third series is really dragging it out.
It was similar drama and black humour as in the first series and plenty of twists and turns, certainly different to most of the run-of-the-mill programmes on TV at the moment.
on 25 August 2012
After viewing the 1st series I eagerly ordered the 2nd and couldn't wait to watch it, then wish I hadn't bothered!! With an excellent cast list and beautiful location what could go wrong? Well everything it seems. With long gaps of silence, a weak predictable story line and the mandatory love interest in the mix, I don't think the plot was lost, it just wasn't there to begin with. I won't be bothering with series 3.
on 17 August 2013
Series 2 just didn't have the impact and intrigue of the first series. Despite the efforts of an excellent cast, the plot was purile and I found the characters without exception stupid and gullible, the ridiculous ending was signalled from miles away. I shall not be watching series 3.
on 9 April 2012
Saw it when broadcast, and of course had to have it in my collection for re-watching!Starts off just where we left our intrepid 'heroes', portrayed brilliantly by John Simm, Phil Glenister, Marc Warren, and Max Beesley. As the promos had said, they're in deep.I'd say they're out of their depth, but they keep soldiering (or bumbling?) on as best they can. David Warner makes for an impressive menacing baddie. The back story to Alvo's (Ben Chaplin) plight answered some questions from series 1. With so much going on, it's hard to believe, in 'real time', it's been less than a week at the start of the first episode! Can't say there aren't plot holes, but overall, it's extremely watchable due to the exquisite rapport of the players. There's real tension, drama, and comedy. And loads of questions (like, how can you trust a drug lord?). But then, the lads will be back for series 3!!:)

Only disappointment was there wasn't more to the extras feature. Love the interviews of the cast, but it was ever so brief and something you could have watched form Sky 1's website.
on 28 June 2013
Love the first series and the second lives up to expectations!
Great actors believable role playing...loved it. A must see. as always john simm and Philip Glenister are fab.
The scene shots are great too.
on 12 August 2013
I absolutely enjoyed series one and was looking forward to series two. Totally disappointed. Good twist at the very end of each episode but up til the very end...boring.