5.0 out of 5 stars The mad dogs are back

Published 20 months ago by Peggy Stone

3.0 out of 5 stars The Pace Slows to a Crawl, 14 Nov 2012
Peggy Stone (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Somehow, this second season left me wishing that the first season had been an episode longer or this an episode shorter, as it was neither as funny nor as well-paced as Series 1. The guys are on the run, trying to launder the money that at least three of them didn't want to take in the first place, which leads them to a different island and a new set of problems. Unfortunately, for me the problems of laundering money just aren't as interesting as the problems of hiding dead bodies. At least we do find out the "why" of Aldo, which makes him a more sympathetic character (too bad he's dead), but in the meantime, there's a time-wasting romance between John Simm and a chance-met young woman, a great deal of bickering, an old woman, a sacrificed goat, and many long shots of cars on isolated roads. The best scene, for my money, was a stand-off between Glenister's beyond-despair Quinn and David Warner's jaded drug-lord, about which I wish I could say more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 July 2012
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Having really enjoyed Series One this was very disappointing. The acting is good, but the story line weak in my opinion and nowhere near as amusing as the first series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The mad dogs are back, 10 Feb 2012
Blue hunter (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This is a review of the television episodes.Series 1 was left with some questions and so when it finished i hoped they would do another series and they did.The story continues from series one with the guys getting in deeper and deeper and i thought the story couldnt be stretched out for another 4 episodes but it was well written and works well i think but in some places it was a little drawn out but never for too long and i know some people will say its getting a little far fetched now but the one thing for me,or better still the 4 things here are the lead actors Phil Glenister,John Simm,Max Beesley and Mark Warren who for me are just so fantastic in there acting and performance here it just keeps me gripped.The story is explained more in this series and helps to tie things up here and there from series one but i wont give anything away.Top quality acting and drama and i highly recommend this to anyone however if you are going to watch mad dogs then you need to see series one first to know the story in full.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still love the characters but a bit disappointed..., 10 Feb 2012
Miss S. Hocking (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
When I discovered the first series of Mad Dogs, I felt like I'd struck gold. It was brilliant. Genius script, believable funny characters with a thrilling story. So I eagerly awaited the second return of Mad Dogs as they struggled with the aftermath of the first series' events. I finished the last episode yesterday and my partner and I felt disappointed. There are still real moments of humour which carried it through and the actors are all still brilliant and they work well with what they're given but I felt the plot fell a bit short this time. It's a bit farcical and not that believable and I hate to say it but it's a bit slow moving and left me wanting more (not in an exciting, cliff hanger way).

At the end of last night's episode, they said a third series is confirmed (which makes sense when you see the ending)so I am putting all my hope that it will come back fighting. There are other really positive reviews, and don't get me wrong, it was entertaining enough for me to continue 'til the end but it falls short of its phenominal first series and that's why I've been a bit harsh. I'm honestly disappointed and I feel I've given an honest review that reflects this. The acting and humour is still there, but unfortunately I feel the second series of Mad Dogs has lost its thrill.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
After viewing the 1st series I eagerly ordered the 2nd and couldn't wait to watch it, then wish I hadn't bothered!! With an excellent cast list and beautiful location what could go wrong? Well everything it seems. With long gaps of silence, a weak predictable story line and the mandatory love interest in the mix, I don't think the plot was lost, it just wasn't there to begin with. I won't be bothering with series 3.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mad dogs series 2, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
The cast were brilliant , I loved Philip Glenister and John Simms in Life on Mars,and Marc Warren, and Max Beesley were hillarious alongside them in Mad dogs.
Series One left lots of unanswered questions of which series 2 answered most of them, however I think that it should have ended there ,a third series is really dragging it out.
It was similar drama and black humour as in the first series and plenty of twists and turns, certainly different to most of the run-of-the-mill programmes on TV at the moment.

4.0 out of 5 stars sky, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
do not have sky so its the only way to watch the series

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
you will not be disappointed and i would certainly recommend this product. very happy and thank you, love it x

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad dogs series 2, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent follow up from the first one recommended have also seen the Third series brilliant too! Look out for a fourth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watching, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Now watched all 3 series so funny takes your mind away from it all a must watch!!!!!
looking out for series 4 now.

Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD]
Mad Dogs - Series 2 [DVD] by James Hawes (DVD - 2012)
6.34