5.0 out of 5 stars Good To Go
I bought the Kingston Technology 64GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler in the champaigne coloured metal casing. By today's standards (January 2013) 64GB is huge. My previous USB stick was one of the iamakey types with 16GB (also recommended). When you are looking for a new USB stick, there are 3 things to consider; capacity, speed, and physical form. Capacity and speed have been...
Published on 7 Jan. 2013 by Steeve139

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake
I received a fake. An 8GB drive masquerading as 32GB drive, as verified by the excellent h2testw sortware. Please beware.
Published 16 months ago by Slugman

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 20 Feb. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow Write Speeds, 1 Feb. 2014
Bought 2 of these, a 32gb and a 8gb. Both of them show the same issue where when transferring a large file the transfer rate starts nice and quick for the first 3 or 4 seconds, and then nose dives to about 4MB/s which is slower than a stick i purchased a number of years ago. I have since bought a "Integral 32gb courier USB 3" stick which is much faster even on a USB 2 port and is worth the extra few pounds for something that actually performs

2.0 out of 5 stars Well made but VERY SLOW, 22 Sept. 2013
The good :- It is incredibly well made especially in a world dominated by plastic flash drives. It's small - about 1.5 inches long.
The Very BAD : - It's inexcusable to write at this mind boggling ultra low speed - 5MBs / sec.
This is the slowest USB I've ever used. The Sandisks USBs are the fastest by far. I bought an Integral that failed after 3 usages. I shall stick to the Sandisks from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 1 April 2014
Bought it to copy music files between PCs. Spent time selecting and copying them & all seemed to be OK (64GB takes time!).
When I then tried to read the data files I got message that the drive needed formatting.
To be fair, Portabledevices2010 refunded without quibble.
Managed to find a different make cheaper and await delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you value your work/music/films/photos...please read this!, 21 July 2014
notimetoulouse (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this four months ago, for my G5 Desktop PPC Mac (OSX 10..5.8) and it worked perfectly for a week. I'm no power user, I simply needed it to transfer Scrivener based writing projects between my PPC PowerBook (same OS) and my desktop, nothing else - no music, photos, videos, just text - in a single file of less than 5gb, saved to disk and transferred once a day.
The first sign of a problem was, as other reviewers have noted, extremely slow transfer speeds, followed in the third week of use by a real overheating issue - it became too hot to hold in my hand after about an hour simply being plugged in via USB.
But it still worked, and I needed that transfer at the end of every day, so I stuck with it.
Three days ago, on plugging it in to my desktop to transfer the file, I began to get audio feedback (static white noise) through my speakers as if there was a hard drive accessing. Today, having saved to USB then transferred my book project across from Powerbook Scrivener to Desktop Scrivener and attempted to open it as normal, Scrivener is warning me that the file is corrupt on the USB drive because basic file formatting info is missing.
So, I reckon I have a dying drive, that is beginning to corrupt data.
At least I caught it in time and haven't lost any work. But I write for a living, and I simply can't trust this make or model at all now. The thought of losing a whole days work halfway through my latest book doesn't even bear thinking about...which is why I'm not even going to ask for a refund.
Sorry to bang on, but it's my data that is being entrusted to this piece of technology, and I reckon I should be entitled to a decent level of security and safety for my files. I thought I'd be safe paying twice price of the cheapest 32gb stick on Amazon, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I just wanted to give you an objective review that shows the symptoms of this drive beginning to fail.
I hope this helped.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow Transfer Speeds, 4 Feb. 2014
A great item for single backups, but terrible for constant use. Transfer speeds started at 70MBps however it dcreased within 30 seconds to 10-15MBps.

It's nice compact and well built, the thing that really lets it down is the transfer speeds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 30 Sept. 2013
To begin with it failed to work on some of my devices, so I brought it home to refomat it on my computer. Two computers have failed to be able to refomat it, although they both say that it needs to be reformatted before it can be used. The reformatting process just hangs indefinitely (including overnight in one case), and then I get the error message that it cannot be reformatted. I am going to have to see about returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after two months, 25 Jun. 2014
I purchased this for my husband (who is a teacher) to store all of his lesson plans. He did back-up his files, but not for the past month. Unfortunately, today after inserting it into our iMac, the iMac informed me that the disc could not be read and that I did not eject before removing (I had only plugged it in, I hadn't tried to remove it). After that, the USB has become unreadable on the iMac, as well as four other computer devices we've tried.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work on PC, 17 Nov. 2013
Arrived in a few days and surprised just how small this stick is but looked robust being made of aluminium. Unfortunately it didn't work, whilst my PC's could see the stick in My Computer the stick wouldn't work! Returned for refund which Amazon have acknowledged.

1.0 out of 5 stars STOPPED WORKING AFTER 3 WEEKS, 16 Mar. 2014
This item stopped working less than a month after purchase. ive tried to recover my files but i was unable to. i am VERY disappointed with this product and i will NEVER buy it again. its clearly not worth the loss of important files. Lucky i had a backup of some of them.