5.0 out of 5 stars Great For MacBook Video Editing
I took a punt with this 6 months ago, as the performance spec was good and the price seemed very good at under half retail price.

After 6 months of heavy HD video editing with my MacBook Pro Retina I can confirm its speed and performance were man enough for the job.

Published 10 months ago by Ludy

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon are flase advertisors. Plain and simple
I bought this NEW directly from Amazon, when it arrived, it was sealed (or so I believed). When I opened it, it was clearly second hand! There were scratches on the front on the card, and the contacts had clear signs of use!
I am still using the card, however as there is nothing wrong with it, but Amazon is getting a bad habit of this practice!
I recently sent 2...
Published 2 months ago by daniel austwicke

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For MacBook Video Editing, 16 Sep 2013

After two months I was using it exclusively for each scene, bypassing my external drives. I backed it up afterwards because it's easy to loose, easy to break (as it protrudes from the MacBook case) and it's an unknown quantity to me, having used external drives only before.

After 6 months I heartily recommend it. I will be buying more. It means I can edit while travelling without carrying external drives. I was particularly surprised with the performance. No drop-outs on HD Pro-Res playback on full sized external display and writing seems fast enough for me not to take coffee breaks when transferring data and most important of all - so far - no lost software nightmares.

I read someplace they need special formatting, but I popped it in and formatted it as an Apple drive using Apple drive utility and it worked a dream straight away.

Just thought I'd add this for other users in my position who were unsure if it was suitable or man enough to do the job. It is.

ps. One thing I really like, you push it in and it appears ready for use almost instantly. No mounting and directory reading delays.

Happy editing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 8 April 2013
Alan K. Whyte "Saxmancat" (Edinburgh,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lexar Professional 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 400x 60MB/s High Speed SDHC Memory Card (Electronics)
This card certainly delivers lightning speed tried this on a 6d camera set on continous shot mode and it didnt miss a picture upload time on a usb 2 port was also impressive so can imagine on a usb 3 it will be even better. Both lexar and sandisk lead the field in sd cards for camera and video and as I have had problems with cheaper cards in the past would always stick with them nowadays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain vs 600x versions?, 11 April 2014
Flaco "flacolito" (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I recently purchased some SDHC cards (all 32GB, Class 10, UHS-1) from Amazon and opted to go for different brands rather than put all my eggs in one basket. Having read various posts about counterfeit/hacked cards on the market, I've decided to start testing any new cards I get before using them in my camera. To do that, I use H2testw (vers. 1.4) available directly from http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

My test set up is an Integral USB 3.0 Super Speed Card Reader, connected via an Inateck 4-port USB 3.0 hub to my PC on a USB port. The system motherboard is a P8H61-M LE/USB3 with an Intel H61 chipset. My system is on the slow side, there are faster card readers out there and connecting via the USB hub is not optimal either, so the card speed figures have to be considered in light of that. In short, the cards are some degree faster than my tests can show, but in practical terms results are also going to vary widely depending on which equipment you use them for.

The H2testw app fills the cards with a series of identical files approximately 1GB in size during which the write speed of the card is measured, and then verifies the file integrity during which the read speed is gauged. All of the cards filled without problem and the results are below (MB = Megabytes): -

Transcend `Ultimate 600x' (16-17)
Available space on card 29.9GB
Write: 23.9 MB/s, 21mins 22secs
Read: 77.3 MB/s, 6 mins 35 secs
Note: only SDHC card I have ever bought which does not come with its own little storage case.
Access to Transcend `RecoveRx' image retrieval software download.

Integral `UltimaPro' (16)
Available space on card 29.5GB
Write: 17.9 MB/s, 28mins 9secs
Read: 77.4 MB/s, 6mins 30secs

Integral `UltimaPro X' (31-32)
Available space on card 29.6GB
Write: 36.4 MB/s, 13mins 55secs
Read: 77.9 MB/s, 6mins 30secs

Lexar `Pro 400x' (20-21)
Available space on card 29.8GB
Write: 27.9 MB/s, 18mins 13secs
Read: 64.1 MB/s, 7mins 56secs
Access to Lexar `Image Rescue 4' software download with password provided in packaging.

Note: in a test I read elsewhere (UK Hardware), the Lexar Pro 400x cards were just as fast at 5MB and 10GB file writing and reading as their Pro 600x versions. Given the price difference between the two, the choice should be obvious but it would be interesting to see if 600x version users have any further info to offer on both cards.

All the above cards easily met or exceeded their 'guaranteed' Class 10 and provide the expected capacity, so I am happy that I have not fallen foul of fake/counterfeit items. In comparing them, I am more interested in the write speeds personally, and looking at the results it seems that price differences between them are pretty much based on that factor. The Transcend comes out best in terms of -write speed ratio with the Lexar coming close behind it. It's difficult not to view the Transcend as the obvious bargain but everyone has their own preferences for brands. In my case I've always been quite keen on the performance and reliability of Micron products (Lexar, Crucial) so I'm happy to pay the extra and I ordered two of the Lexar 400x cards.

If I find the time I'd be interested to run more tests with specific focus on how the cards actually perform in my Lumix G6. Any comments or pointers greatly welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Been Cheaper!, 18 May 2013
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have been watching the price of this Lexar Pro 64gb 400x for a while and it fluctuated about the 50 mark for quite a while. When it was 47 I bought one. Now, a week later, it's 3 less.

My point is that this is one hell of a good value card - for its size, speed and reputation, it must surely be unbeatable?

I partner now, a Sandisk Ultra 64gb 30mbs with this Lexar in the other slot of my twin SD slotted Nikon D7000 and I have the capacity to shoot over 1,500 RAW+ 'normal' jpegs in each, twice that for the two.

The Lexar came in posh, completely over-packaged packaging (over the size of a CD case, for a tiny card) but that does show that you are getting the real, authentic deal, here. The card is made in Korea and worked immediately - and perfectly - in the D7000. I have shot over 1000 images in a couple of days including long 30 second exposures, as well as short-fire bursts as part of my normal photography (I don't test cards for the sake of testing them) and at all times it inspired total confidence.

It's fairly common knowledge that Lexar cards veer toward the reading from the card in their speed and ratings and less so in the writing. This is not unusual, I would say that this is the norm, actually, with only Sandisks generally being 50/50. However, with this (average rated 45mbs equivalent) I would say that it's nearer 30mbs write and 60mbs read. I still use a couple of 133x 32gb Lexar Pro's and they've never slowed me down or my photography and video has been fine, too. This 64gb is rated as a video '10', as well and so I'm sure that it'll be brilliant for long video use.

Downloading in the PC slot is again, immediate recognition and then quick download. I don't time such things - not blazingly quickly but probably a bit faster than other cards I have. This aspect was not a priority for me - a decent make, a big capacity and reasonable speed for the lowest price definitely was though and at this new lower price, it has become irresistible to all users of quality DSLRs. Though you do have to make sure that YOUR model can support the SDXC system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Very Well With My Digital SLR Camera, 24 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are photographer, or just passionate about photography, it's well worth spending a wee bit extra to get this high speed card.

It captures high resolution photographs at MUCH higher rate on my Nikon Digital SLR. I have been using it very heavily for the past few weeks; it has never let me down. (I use it with the SD card slot on my Mac Mini).

4.0 out of 5 stars Lexar 16GB professional 400X SDHC UHS-1 memory card, 18 Dec 2012
David (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This is just excellent. I have quite a few Lexar pro cards & I find these are very reliable. I purchased these cards for my new Nikon D600 camera as this requires the faster 400X cards & will take the UHS-1 units.

These cards are excellent and have a good file transfere speed. They are also very competitively priced on Amazon.
One tip I would give to any memory card user, is to format the card in the camera after each time you have down loaded your images to your computer. This helps to reduce file corruption & prolongs the life of the Memory card.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon are flase advertisors. Plain and simple, 10 May 2014
I recently sent 2 Canon lenses back for a full refund (40mm f/2.8 & 85mm f/1.8) as I purchased NEW direct from Amazon and they arrived with scratches on the lens contacts, dust inside the lens and weren't sealed...
Just a word of warning for anyone thinking of buying direct from Amazon, they seem to be doing this with a lot of things, surely it can't be legal? It is clearly false advertisement and cheating the buyer!

4.0 out of 5 stars 68.10MB/s sustained read, 15.53 MB/s sustained write, 12 April 2014
Hawfinch - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The read/write speeds quoted above were measured using the SD slot on an iMac and Drive Genius software. It's pleasing to see that the card exceeds the read rate of Lexar's specs (60MB/s). The significantly slower write speed is to be expected with SD cards.

I applied the same test to a SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB SD card (which is currently over twice the price and advertised as "up to 95MB/s") and got 69.91MB/s sustained read, 28.48 MB/s sustained write.

In other words, for reading data off the card, you probably won't notice any difference between this and the SanDisk Extreme Pro. For writing data, the SanDisk has the advantage and may be worth the extra cost if write speed is critical to you.

The card arrived well packaged and includes a small transparent storage case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexar SDXC 8 GB 400x Speed memory card, 5 May 2013
I bought this card having read various photo mags and I am not disappointed. Great photos and superb download speed plus Image Rescue 4 which works really well. Highly recommended. I can get 1,370 photos when fitted to Panasonic TZ30 camera. Great for travel and sightseeing holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow !!, 6 Mar 2013
M. Evans (London) - See all my reviews
Very fast.
Perfect for video (on my Canon SLR).
Enormous capacity.
To be honest, I'm surprised I could get this at such a reasonable price.
I guess that 32GB is the new keen price-point, how long before 64GB also come down to a reasonable level ?
Lexar quality.