5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko SSC021
Published on 6 Jun 2012 by adambe

I had a previous Seiko and in 10 years the glass never scratched whatever I did to it. After two months this is scratching far to easily. Very disappointing.
Published 13 months ago by Mr Lindsay

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko SSC021, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch (Watch)
Recieved this watch through Amazon in double quick time (even with the Queen's jubilee going on!). Over the years I have had alot of decent watches (Breitling, Tag Heuer, etc). I ordered this because I wanted a day to day watch without the worry of losing a really expensive watch. To say I am pleased with the item is an understatement. The watch is excellent! This is a really nice sports watch, not too big and sits really well on the wrist. The face is really nice and the big hands a bonus!

Never had a Seiko watch before, but I would not hesitate to recommend this to people who are looking for a really good, reasonably priced sports watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko SSC021 Solar dive yellow, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch (Watch)
Beautiful and sturdy dive watch from Seiko. My first "solar" from Seiko. I must say I do like this kind of technology after experiencing it. Like the Kinetic this is more than nice not change the battery and rely here on the light.
I have change lately the battery of one of my watch is cost me 1/5 of the watch!

The watch came of course empty. The complete charging process did took its time as wrote on the manual, but on unpacking under an artificial light, the watch started immediately and kept functioning ever after. No problem since them as I let the watch in light on my bed side.

The look of this Seiko Solar dive is tremendous, as I was looking for. Under water reading the time is immediate as well at night. a few seconds under an artificial light and its glowing vividly.

The locks of the chrono buttons are a bit hard at first to manipulate, but well they are to be. The ring has a perfect click sound which display a feeling of strong craftsmanship.

The polyurethane is very long, an so of a good size when wearing a thin or thick swimming/diving suite.
As I'm not diving for the moment, I have change temporally the original Seiko strap to a fully waterproof Hirsch carbon leather strap. I'm very happy on the combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch (Watch)
ive had this watch now for a few months and ive got to say its great, well built and hard wearing watch and defo has a feel of a watch that is worth more money that what ive paid for it, i think ive got myself a little gem, very happy....

4.0 out of 5 stars seiko solar..., 7 May 2013
This review is from: Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch about 6 weeks ago through Amazon & have been very pleased with it, but my one gripe would be the ridiculously uncomfortable strap! In fact it was so uncomfortable that I replaced it with a superb shark mesh strap which isn't only comfortable but also gives this watch the wow factor it deserves.
I haven't had the chance to test its dive competency yet but am going to Greece in a few weeks & it will definitely be going diving then, so I will update on my return. The watch luminosity is very bright & eye catching but doesn't last that long maybe an hour or two at best.
The only other very minor niggle is the date window is much too small but if you can put these small gripes to one side then you have a very desirable watch at a great price, but do be prepared to change that very stiff plastic strap or maybe go for the metal bracelet version.
All that said I wouldn't exchange this watch for any other similar priced watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant watch for the money big and chunky with quality ..., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch (Watch)
Brilliant watch for the money big and chunky with quality feel to it. Only the strap is un-comfy but is easy to replace. To make it perfect a sapphire lens would have been nice as one fitted too is easy to scratch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Delighted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Diver watch, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch (Watch)
So pleased with this watch, looks even better than the pics and a good price. Arrived in good time in solid protective packaging.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, fits well. The only poor thing is the quality of the glass., 29 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar Diver, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch (Watch)
Nice looking watch with a clear and legible dial.Mine is the model with yellow accents on the seconds hand and crown.It also has a black bezel and crown.All nice details that makes this watch stand out.

And now for the disappointing stuff: the bezel doesn't line up with the markers on the dial (this is a first for me with a
Seiko diver) and the strap is not very good,so be prepared to change that immediately upon receiving it.
And,as always with Seiko watches,it doesn't have a sapphire crystal,which simply isn't good enough these days!
And then there are the locking rings around the chronograph pushers,they are very hard to handle!I had to oil mine to be able to unlock them.Hmmm.

I still rated it 4 stars because of the stile and drilled lugs,but I cant help being a little disappointed with this watch.
Especially the misaligned bezel bothers me.As for timekeeping,so far it has gained about a second per week which is all right
since I do not wear it every day.

Recommended, but remember to buy that extra strap right away!

Seiko SSC021P1 Gents Chrono Solar Divers Watch