5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking Seiko Solar Diver
First impressions when you see the watch in the flesh are very good.

It has a good weight to it, and the face and bezel are large. It looks like quality.

The body is deeper than most watches which gives it a serious diver look. The back is very solid with a deep engraving of a breaking wave.

The red on the crown is nowhere near as in your...
Published on 12 April 2012 by Venton

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM MRWATCH
THEY TELL YOU THAT THE ITEM HAS 2-YEARS WARRANTY. NIXON WHO MAKE THE WATCHES DON'T ACCEPT WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY! THEY THEN SAY THEY WILL COVER IT BUT YOU WILL NEED A $30 CHECK WHILE WAITING 4-6 WEEKS TO RECEIVE IT BACK FROM AMERICA!!!

Published 8 months ago by Aidan Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking Seiko Solar Diver, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Seiko SSC015P1 Solar Chronograph Mens 200m Watch (Cal.V175) (Watch)
First impressions when you see the watch in the flesh are very good.

The red on the crown is nowhere near as in your face as the pictures, it tends to sit in the shadow of the watch so not that noticable.. which I'm glad about, I was a bit nervous it would look crass.

The strap is good quality with brushed outer and raised very shiny middle links. (This will make it easy to polish the center links in future in you wish, without polishing the brushed sides). The links are solid metal which I'm very pleased about. Just the end links are folded steel.

Bezel is a matt black. I have read that it is 'ion coated' and that this is a pretty tough finish. Time will tell. Bezel movement is good.

Diver extension took me ages to figure out, it's not shown how to do it in the manual. You actually just put your finger under and lift.
Putting diver extension back took me ages. When you get it right it takes no force, but intuitively you think you need to push it down. You don't you have to lift it up and hook it over the bar.

The only thing I'm not used to is the static second hand. The actual second hand is a small one on the dial, what you think is the second hand is actually for the chronometer. I keep looking at the watch and thinking it's stopped. But I'll get used to it. In reality I didn't really want the chronometer function, but like the look otherwise. Possibly the two chronometer buttons are a bit bigger than I'd like.

The stopwatch has a small hand for counting up to 60mins, then it stops. The second hand moves in 1/5 second increments which looks neat.

The 24 hour hand is a gimmick really, it can't be set independently for other time zones... I can't think of an occasion when I don't know if it's morning or night. But it balances up the dial nicely. The watch to me looks like a hybrid of a Rolex Submariner, Deepsea and Daytona. I'm sure you will get people taking a second look when they spot it on your wrist, it does look impressive.

The lume is extremely good. For long lasting lume give it 10 mins near a light.

I got this watch to replace an old Seiko kinetic. As I've got older I've collected more watches and the kinetics don't like this - kinetics need to be worn every day or the capacitors go bad.

This is solar so can sit happily on daylight without having to be worn. Should never need a battery change (OK maybe in 20 years).

The only thing I am nervous about is that the glass is mineral and not sapphire like the old kinetic. I might even get sapphire glass fitted if it gets scratched.

Great watch!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM MRWATCH, 24 Oct 2013

''We apologize that Nixon will not honor their warranty. If you would like, you could send the watch to us for repair as well, as we will honor a warranty since Nixon will not. Unfortunately, per our return policy we are unable to accept watches back to our facility for a refund or replacement after they have been worn, used, sized, or adjusted in any way. In addition, any defective items are to be reported to us prior to use within 10 days of delivery to the customer.''

''A check or money order made out to Repair Center for ($15.00 USD for domestic or $30.00 USD international) to cover return shipping and inspection.''

----------------------------------------------

Dear Aidan

Sorry, MrWatch is NOT an authorised dealer nor is Amazon.

This is from NIXON Europe and NIXON US.

Regards

LHT

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye catcher value for money, 15 Mar 2013
Looks great, fantastic value, especially as I was a bit uncertain after I placed the order. Not too big but still large enough to be impressively noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my watch, 12 Sep 2013
With its classic divers chronograph style it brings out the boy in you as it reminds of a expensive bond style watch yet it so practical as an everyday timepiece . I've worn it every day since I received it and its still pristine
Ps try the dial under a led and check out the looms

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, 2 Feb 2013
great watch great price ,but did`nt know it was`nt a uk item ,came from singapore,took 3 weeks to arrive,was worth the wait though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Nice watch and fast service

5.0 out of 5 stars I like you, 27 Aug 2013
Looks nice,sits nice, and not too heavy(I have the Seiko divers and its heavy) solar powered,chrono what every man needs

5.0 out of 5 stars watch, 10 Mar 2013
ordered this as the strap on my favourite seiko was beyond repair and i thought i wouldn't be able to get a replacement. saw this and it seemed to be around 80 cheaper than anywhere else and looked the part for me. it has arrived and it is just what i wanted, chunky but not overly so and it is a solar watch, no batteries, even my wife loves it!! only down side is that i don't know where it comes from but it took around 3 weeks to arrive, it did arrive before the estimated date but when you order a 'boys toy' you want it quickly!
colin
ps sent my original watch to seiko uk to have a look at the strap and they found a new one for me but now i prefer this new one more so now i have first favourite and close second favourite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous watch, 31 Dec 2012
I purchased this watch for my husband. He is really pleased with it. It is really chunky and looks really good quality. He especially wanted a solar watch so that he does not need to change the battery every year. Would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 24 Nov 2013
H. A. Wellesley (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
Normally I am into mechanical watches, but I wanted something robust for all activities, this fits the bill perfectly keeps great time and strong enough to take most abuse. In the month I have had it not had any problems.