Style Name: Delicate Surface|Size: 36 mm x 41.1 m|Change

on 17 April 2014
Like most tapes of this type it didn't prevent paint bleeding and considering it says it was for delicate surfaces it pulled the paint off in some places, so the manufacturer claims are misleading and incorrect.
on 14 November 2013
Just used this very expensive stuff as one wall was aready wallpapered...finished painting other 3 Walls and ceiling and as instructed, gently pulled frog tape off...wallpaper came with it right around the 3 edges...what a mess. Never again.
on 27 February 2014
I am so impressed with this tape! I used it to cover wallpaper as I was only changing the paint colour and not the wallpaper already up. I removed the tape as soon as I'd finished the painting (as suggested) and it came off easily without marking or tearing the paper. What a fantastic product and so much easier to use than normal masking tape. Would definitely recommend.
on 17 November 2011
I have used Frog Tape several times when decorating and it does make a big difference when it comes to paint bleed. It is worth spending the extra over standard masking tape.
As other reviewers have pointed out, you need to be careful when removing so that the tape does not remove paint or plaster. I have found that if you remove the tape slowly and carefully, there is no issue
on 5 June 2011
I feel the last two reviewers used the wrong tape for the wrong application. They should have used yellow Frog tape. Green Frog tape appears not to be designed to go on wallpaper, more painted wood or plastic. Hence why it is a high tack tape. For masking door frames or painting on emulsion you must have yellow Frog tape which Amazon appear not to stock.
on 24 January 2014
Bought this in order to mask wallpaper around skirting board, as paint had 'yellowed' inside 18 months. Applied to wall paper as directed, smoothing down with a roller. Removed tape, along with a complete line of wallpaper. Total waste of money. Now have to redecorate the entire room again.
on 28 February 2013
I recently used frogtape for the first time, I chose the delicate option as I was using two colours and did not want the risk of colour removal upon taking the tape off. Follow the instructions on the pack and you will not have any problems. If like me you have messed about using bits of card, masking tape, steady hand.....forget it! use frogtape! you will wish you had of done many painting session ago!
End result..... a rather impressive sharp lined painted room or 2 or 3 or 4!

Enjoy......! Andy
on 16 December 2014
If you're worried about hitting the wrong parts when decorating this is for you.
It's similar to masking tape however is designed to not pull off paint when removed (i.e. it isn't as sticky)

I used this around the ceiling when decorating a room.
Firstly I painted the ceiling and allowed to dry. Then I went around the edge of the ceiling and applied the tape. Then I painted the walls. Then I removed the tape.
It left perfectly straight edges and none of the paint seeped through the tape.
on 11 May 2014
I've always trusted to a steady hand when painting borders, as I've always found that masking tape bleeds paint and results in smudges. I changed my mind, partly ue to the expensiveness of this roll - it was something like 7 quid at my local hardware store - so, this was bound to work, wasn't it!
Well, no, it wasn't. It was better than some others I've tried, but it still leaked at two places, causing a major and stressful cleaning up mission with j-cloths and magic erasers. It also took away some paint from the ceiling (and this was the low-tack) roll.
The chances that you will get any masking tape onto a wall and ceiling so that there is not the tiniest gap or failure in tackiness under which the paint can run, is low.
My advice is, do what professional painters do and avoid using masking tape - unless you you have some kind of hand tremor. Buy a good quality, small brush (it'll cost you less than this roll) and paint round the borders with this first. It'll take longer but end the end job will be a lot better than using this over-priced tape.
on 13 September 2012
A friend recently recommended Frog Tape and strangely I'd never heard of it before. There are two types, the green tape is the more common one, but the delicate tape is definitely the best option if your painting involves lots of cutting in. I know professional decorators shun the use of masking tape, but for DIYers who want a clean painting line with minimal fuss...this the stuff for you!

Basically, the sticky side of the tape is made of a special compound which acts as a solid barrier against emulsion. With normal masking tape it's easy to get paint bleed (which can look terrible if using bright or bold colours against whites/creams/ceilings), but frog tape eliminates it completely.

The really beauty of the delicate tape is that it doesn't peel off the paint underneath when you remove it. HOWEVER...you need to follow the instructions. Crucially, you shouldn't apply the tape over painted walls which have been painted in the last 24 hours, and for best results, as soon as you've finished painting you should remove the tape immediately. Stick to these rules and it does exactly what it says on the tin, and I won't be painting without it in the future (unless my cutting in skills and patience mysteriously improve overnight).

The only mistake I made was to use several strips to cut in along a long stretch of ceiling coving. It should always be one long piece to ensure the line is consistent. Live and learn anyway :-)