on 29 May 2013
I have progressive deafness which started as a teenager (now 72). I've tried several cordless 'phones which have not quite done the job. This one is fantastic. It is not cheap, but my money was well-spent. It is the only system I've experienced where I have to turn the volume DOWN! Both the base-station with answering machine and the twin handsets are clearly audible with my (very expensive) hearing aids OUT. Setting up is easy but I'll mention a few tips which I had to work out despite the clear instruction book: enter the contact names without the suggested opening space otherwise the search by initial letter does not work properly; it takes a very long time for the initial full charge to run down, but it hardly matters as the battery life is phenomenal and all that the full run-down does is set the range of the attery meter icon; it is very simple to copy directory entries between handsets. Also the pre-recorded answer announcement is so attractive that I have not recorded my own! I strongly recommend this as a telephone for people with dodgy hearing, despite the price, which places it fairly low down in the Which Best Buys.

I have corrected my rating as I confused the star-rating option. Of course I gave it FIVE stars!
on 1 August 2012
I'd never heard of this brand before. However, once I knew that Siemens were behind it my confidence increased. Easy to set up and operate, and with a choice of ring melodies which do not induce a coronary when they burst into action, plus clear (and loud) sound all makes for a great buy. Decent build quality and weight of the handset as well as many other features are present. The SOS function is particularly useful if this is a phone for an older member of the family. I would readily recommend this product for anyone thinking of replacing their existing cordless phone who needs something with great audio as well as decent looks.
on 24 July 2012
At the time of writing,bought 2 single units at £19.97 each from Amazon.Used one base as the master unit and the other as a charger unit for the extension handset which obviously does not require the telephone wire provided to be connected.(Just registered the extra handset to the base master unit as per instruction manual).Works great and £32.60 cheaper than purchasing the twin unit.
on 6 October 2011
This cordless phone with answering machine is excellent. I was looking for something with exceptional sound quality and I found it in this phone. The instruction book is a bit daunting,but the phone is easy to set up if you just want it for basic functions. It is a joy to use.
on 17 April 2012
These phones are absolutely brilliant they do everything they are claimed to do and are easy to programme and easy to use.
on 21 July 2012
I am sooo pleased with this phone. If you're looking for a modern, efficient and smart phone do not look any further, this is the best twin cordless phone on the market. I highly recommend it.
on 15 September 2013
She uses hearing aids and has struggled with phones, using the loud speaker has only muffled the clarity in the past. But this phone is great and mum can hear on the phone again which means she does not feel so isolated
on 30 April 2012
This is a top quality phone the only reason it's not got top marks is that there is no VIP and individual ring tone setting for each directory entry like the S450IP and S45 I have. A good phone for and older person, just what we wanted.
on 2 October 2013
Knowing this is Made in Germany, led me to think I'd get good quality and it is.

I'm hard of hearing and the phone is very good when on handsfree, as the sound surrounds me (and my hearing aids).

Previous phones for hard of hearing people have been ugly monsters that look like toy-town gadgets. This is streamlined and a lot more sophisticated for my living room. As to how long it will last, time will tell.

I like that I can also send callers who withold their numbers (i.e. sales junk calls) direct to the answering service and can then just delete any message they are likely to rattle out.

I think I may purchase one of these for my parents - although I am aware that some older folks might have a problem setting up the settings. If this can be done for them, I think it's a pretty good phone to have.
on 16 December 2012
would recommend this to friends and family. was a gift for a close friend who finds the keyboard very good with the large buttons. Very well designed. Thank you