on 17 February 2012
Just to get the formalities out of the way - I won a copy of AngelFall Book I in a Goodreads giveaway, and the author has been extremely generous in sending me a copy of each subsequent book for review. Which I'm extremely thankful for, as I'm now hooked on the storyline.

Book III picks up from the closing chapter of Book II, which can be a bit of an issue if you've read other books in between as there is no 'so far, in AngelFall' catch up. That said, the chapter numbering continues on from one book to the next, so I'm guessing that once all six books have been completed they will be combined into one set intended to be read end-on-end.

What I liked about this book was the addition of further strands to the existing plot, particularly the appearance of a modern character. I also found the horror of hell more apparent in this book - I found myself physically shuddering at the painful descriptions littering the book on more than one occasion. I think it's taken until now to realise that since this is set in Hell no one actually dies from injury, which makes the extent to which characters can be physically traumatised even more horrific.

What I found tough going was the quality of writing (which seems, after picking up in Book II, to have been sacrificed in order to meet publishing deadlines, I think), and the fact that there are way too many characters with very similar names - sometimes it seems like most of the descriptive content is taken up with detailing what each of a large number of characters are doing at any given moment. Tough going, and not really enhancing the plot in any meaningful way. Maybe it's just my tired brain ...

All said, with Limbo on the ropes and a huge plot-bomb dropped in the very last line, I'm really looking forward to Book IV.
on 27 December 2014
still reading it but it is very absorbing. read the first 2 and can't wait to get to book number 4. very enjoyable, if you can call going to hell enjoyable.
on 19 February 2015
Found it confusing at first, though I had the wrong book, completely different from the first two, light DAWNED after a few chapters
on 26 December 2014
Again this is another brilliant read more to come, and I can't wait for the next addition to start. Great job keep them comin
on 1 November 2012
The books are the best I have read and I don't normally go for this kind please bring out another 10/10
on 6 March 2016
As ever I can't wait for teh next one