4.0 out of 5 stars Fledging the Nest: Fledgling by Natasha Brown
Published on 26 Mar. 2013 by Worm's Magical Library of Books

3.0 out of 5 stars MMMMM
I hate giving bad reviews, but I found this book slow and too rapped around the life of Ana. I felt that the story being told primarily from Ana's point of view dragged the story out too much. I understood that there was a building of the relationship between Ana and Chance but I found the story hard to follow in bits and as confused as Chance felt.
I liked the idea...
Published on 18 Mar. 2013 by Ms Bennett

4.0 out of 5 stars Fledging the Nest: Fledgling by Natasha Brown, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Fledgling (The Shapeshifter Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The relationship created by Natasha Brown in 'Fledgling', between Chance and Ana is very realistic, not like those created by authors set to Stephanie Meyer and LJ Smith. Relationship develops a reasonable rate, not too quick, not too fast, as the story progresses. However the relationship is very exciting in the beginning but lags slightly as the book advances, until the critical moments arrive.
Ana is a lovely character and highlights, how difficult it is doing normal things (that we take for granted) can be, for those with heart problems and other difficulties.
Chance's character does not fully develop until the end but this encourages the reader to read on and find out more about him.
The supporting characters create a feel of normality and emphasise the problems that families with children who have medical difficulties face.
Without giving too much away, the supernatural element of the novel is very good and obviously well thought out. Although the idea is not entirely original, Brown has done well to make it her own.
The atmosphere created by Brown out this book is commendable. It is as though a kind of warmth is seeping through the pages.

Imogen at Worm's Magical Library of Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural magic, 3 Feb. 2013
The heart, both as physical necessity and symbol of love, plays a central role in this beautiful story. Teenage Ana's heart is failing, as the doctor tells her at the beginning of the book. Although physically weak Ana is encouraged by her loving mother and sister to lead as normal a life as possible. Ana's small family is powered by love and by the fear of losing her, a situation expertly described by Natasha Brown. All the characters really came alive for me. I felt as if I knew them, sharing their disappointment as Ana's condition continues to deteriorate. And then...... well...I dare not spoil the plot, or even hint at what happens. This book is the first in 'The Shapeshifter Chronicles' which is a clue. Let's just say that as described by Natasha Brown what occurs seems completely possible. The descriptions of the natural world are so powerful that I could see the stars in Ana's special place and imagine the birds in flight and the animals moving through the undergrowth.
Really loved this 'Fledgling'.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have gone on to buy the next 2 books!, 30 Mar. 2015
I really like this book, it makes a lovely change to need about a relationship that takes a normal pace, isn't rushed or overly dramatic, yet you can still feel the depth of love involved, without them being needy and clingy and moving things too fast. I have loved reading a few paranormal books, but am always a bit worried when I start a new series incase they are too far out there, this one wasn't. It was about one young man dealing with changes in his life, becoming solitary and seemingly brooding and alone as he learned about his abilities. His parents are worried about him as he has no friends. Ana comes into his life, he feels an instant draw to her but he knows she's hiding something, but gives her time to trust him and tell him herself what is ailing her. Ana's life is slipping from her, her heart is slowly dying, she hasn't had much of a life, or friends as she hasn't wanted to burden anyone with what holds her back from life. When they have to move for her mums new job, she has to start again in a new school, and she decides she just wants to be normal for a while, so decides not to tell anyone about her heart. Her and Chance click instantly and she feels bad keeping her secret from him, but is sure once he knows then he will leave, so she holds onto her secret for a few more weeks till she can't hide it from him any longer.

Chance has a secret of his own, that he has never told anyone, ever, only his Grandfather knows and helps him. There are twists and turns in this book that keep you turning the pages! I've bought both the next 2 books in the series and can't wait to read them. I think these will be books that I will share with my daughter too as I think she will love them and they are suitable (so far) for a younger reader!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fledgling, 8 Aug. 2014
This book is wonderful. Secrets get unveiled and relationships develop. The storyline is not predictable and the characters are developed so much that you think of them as real people. I recommend this book to everyone who enjoys reading books that have you griped from the start.

3.0 out of 5 stars MMMMM, 18 Mar. 2013
Ms Bennett (Leicester England) - See all my reviews
I liked the idea of the story and I think I see where the author was trying to go but it took too long to get there for me. Sorry but this book has not inspired me to pick up the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fledgling, 7 Aug. 2014
This adventure has everything - mystery, excitement, sadness and romance. Very easy to read and become involved with the characters. On to Chance and Anas next instalment. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fledgling The Shapeshifer Chronicles, 8 Sept. 2014
Very enjoyable read. The storyline makes you want to keep reading to see what happens, and has a good ending which makes you want more. The next book is a definite on want list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 2 Dec. 2014
At first I didn't think it was going to be very good. But I was completely surprised. I loved the book from start to finish and I can't wait to read the next one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start to get me back into reading., 3 Sept. 2014
Even though it took a long time for something to really happen in the book. I surprisingly enjoyed it. The story kept me gripped enough for me to want to finish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 12 Jan. 2015
Winter (honiton, devon) - See all my reviews
Very good book had me glued right till the end. This is a book I would defiantly recommend to others who enjoy fantasy romance and animals.