4.0 out of 5 stars Strong Smell!!
Published 12 months ago by Gild The Lily

2.0 out of 5 stars it really smells horrible, even when you spray it in the garden ...
Got this to try on glasses, it really smells horrible, even when you spray it in the garden then house stinks of it. Am just on to the 3rd coat now on a glass as glitter was still comming off it. Dont think a shall buy again. Only good thing is it does leave a nice shine to glass.
Published 1 month ago by Kelly gedney

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong Smell!!, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Plasti-kote 24000 400ml Premium Spray Paint Gloss - Clear Acrylic (DIY & Tools)
I have given four stars as I really like it, but my goodness, it smells! It is a nice smell, but incredibly strong, even in a well ventilated area. Next time I will have to use it outdoors at the end of the garden, but then there is the danger of things you don't want sticking to the surface and spoiling your work. Having said all that, it did give a lovely gloss finish to a tile I decorated with Alcohol Inks. It is just such a shame that the fumes are too much for me - I actually had an allergic response, and everyone in the house was complaining about the smell (and as I said, I used a well ventilated space). We even had to 'lock' the tile in the shed for the night as the smell was so strong, but we released it the next day unharmed! So after all my waffling - it is a great product, but take care if you have allergies or breathing problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product!, 5 May 2014
I purchased this product to make glitter glasses. It was perfect. Did the job. Would recommend to other crafty people looking for a sealant. Very expensive though I must add.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad a product!, 11 Jun. 2013
Gulliver (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This spray gives your work a subtle gloss finish, enriching the colours ever so slightly, and leaving it protected from the elements. I would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for model makers, 18 Mar. 2013
If you make plastic models this is great for the final coating, high gloss and durable, suitable for almost any modeling materials and seals transfers perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this., 4 Nov. 2013
Tamurello (Edinburgh Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have only a little bit left of this and must add to wish list. Easy to use, great finish on many surfaces. I used on wood, cardboard,paper and metal. Dries fast too, really recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Sept. 2014
Used this on some coasters I made.
Smells awful, really strong, but it does the job and dries fast.
Nice size tin.
Nozzle not clogged up yet.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 14 Feb. 2015
I am so glad i ordered this as i always design wine glasses etc covers fantastic so easy to use yes i agree with other strong smell but it is not horrid if your that worried just open your windows and doors but i found it fine A fine 5 given just excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 10 Mar. 2013
Works great on white primer. Touch dry within 30mins, recoate 3 times. For best result leave to dry for 2 days to give a solid almost scratch resistant surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this spray as I had bought some glitter ..., 19 Jan. 2015
I purchased this spray as I had bought some glitter champagne glasses from someone and the glitter kept coming off! I sprayed 2 coats of this onto the glasses and it worked a treat! I have had no more issues with glitter coming off!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does smell a little (like strong pear drops) but if well ventilated should be fine. Cover and protect any surface or surround, 9 Mar. 2015
bought this to cover my diy tile coasters works perfectly after 3 coats the paper pattern on the tile was water/wine/heat proof. If covering paper or probably anything not vinyl i would suggest using a clear glue seal before spraying as it does slightly discolour the paper (i used PVA). It does smell a little (like strong pear drops) but if well ventilated should be fine. Cover and protect any surface or surrounding spraying area it does get everywhere