3.0 out of 5 stars CURATE'S EGG, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: A Ripple Of Murder (Kindle Edition)
I thought the story line was good. But I think detective/murder stories should in the main, have happy endings and having followed the trials of the young Bosnian? girl throughout, I thought it added nothing to the story to have what happened to her in the end.

I agree with the other reviewer that the grammatical and spelling errors undermined my enjoyment of the book. I would even offer to proof read for free, rather than see Mr Donald lose customers! I had bought several of his titles on Kindle, but am now apprehensive about enjoying them?

One final point is that this being a story based in Glasgow - I remember the Streets from the 50's when I holidayed there with "ma Mammy frae Toonheid and efter marryin, frae Merryhill" and the 60's when I studied and then worked there - I was surprised that Mr Donald did not use much more of the Glesca vernacular. There were occasional repetitive snippets like using"Missus" instead of Mrs. But the story could have been brought to life had he been more liberal with a very expressive form of English.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the editing, 4 Oct. 2014
This review is from: A Ripple Of Murder (Kindle Edition)
I very much enjoyed the plot & setting. Characters might have been more developed. Would have been a more enjoyable read if proof-reading & editing had been up to the standard of my special eduational needs year 5 English group.

2.0 out of 5 stars None, 27 Jun. 2012
Dr. J. A. Walker (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Ripple Of Murder (Kindle Edition)
A tale worth telling - but absolutely ruined by poor grammar, paragraph structure, etc. All the usual things that seem to beset too many books nowadays.

A Ripple Of Murder