Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 19 June 2003
Any Jackie Collins read, is an excting one, and this one is no exception. It is one of the best I have read and I could not put it down. There is a twist and one that I did not guess so I was shocked about it, whcih is what i want from a book. A must for any JC fan, as it is fanatstic, as it is not just sex, sex, sex, although there is some there, but there is a romance there which you personally want to happen between Lara and Joey. A 5* read.
on 27 January 2011
As always another great read from Jackie Collins. I think I have only about 5 more of her books to get through and already pre-booked the new one due out for the Santangelo series, this series of books being my fav of all of them.
on 9 July 1998
Thrill had all of Jackie Collins ingredients--sex, a fast-pace, beautiful movie stars, secrets, a stalker. But the book wasn't as thought out as Jackie Collins's other page-turners. Lara Ivory, a gorgeous movie star was being stalked by Alison Sewell--not giving away any plot here. It was established right away that Alison was keeping tabs on Lara, though Lara was unaware. And a female stalker was fresh! And readers are allowed into Alison's mind. It was rare learning what made a baddie tick. But that alone doesn't save the tome. While Lara was being harassed, she was busy making a movie. She didn't complain to her friends, or go to the police about being stalked. She was rather blase about it. In fact, she spent more time swooning over the dashing, enigmatic Joey Lorenzo. Her thoughts should have been preoccupied with a lunatic keeping her under surveillance. She even went on a nocturnal walk with Joey shortly after meeting him. For all she knew, Joey could have been her stalker! In addition to Lara's disregard for her safety, a child molester was allowed to go free. Hey, revenge is a prevalent them in Jackie Collins novels, so why was this allowed? Geez! The book was flawed, yet, easy to read, but disappointing. Usually, Jackie Collins writes strong women--women who can be role-models--not airheads. And the bad guys usually get their comeuppance. Big time. So, I'd wait for "Thrill" to come out in paper-back. It ain't worth the hard-cover price.
on 7 December 2009
As you would expect from Jackie Collins, Thrill includes a generous amount of glamour, intrigue, and passion - altogether topped with a brilliant twist. A sizzling story that I couldn't put down...
on 25 November 1998
I had never read a Jackie Collins book before, so I decided to start with her most recent work. By the first chapter I was hooked, and managed to finsih the book within three days. The reason for this being because it is such a brilliant read. There is mystery, suspension, desire, lust... everything you want in a book. What more could you ask for. It's just an excellent, excellent, excellent book. In fact probably the best book I have ever read. I decided to read another of her books after, and this seemed to be very similar to Thrill, but is also a very easy read. Keep up the good work Jackie, because never before have I read such an addicitive, clever, witty, and brilliant book as this one.
on 13 April 1998
"Thrill" by Jackie Collins knit's a tangled web of lust versus love in this romance novel filled with intrigue, revenge and suspense. Lara Ivory, the focal point of the book, is a voluptuous movie star that shines amongst a dynamic interlocking supporting cast. Richard Barry, is Lara's ex-husband, who remarried a costume designer/producer Nikki, whom also has become Lara's best friend. Another facet to this strangely somewhat happy threesome is Nikki's emotionally unbalanced 15- year-old daughter, Summer, the puzzling, yet gloomy want-to-be actor, Joey Lorenzo, and lunatic stalker, Alison Sewall. Sewall, conceals his obsession throughout his life in bondage for Lara and now, out of prison, can not contain the yearning for revenge. Lara decides to accept a challenging role in Nikki's first film, a b-rated independent flick about a teacher who is gang-raped and then seeks revenge on her worthless attackers. Richard, thrown by his wife's friendship with his ex, for whom he still has undeniable feelings, and his wife's future success decides to upset the apple cart with a succession of infidelities throwing Nikki into the arms of her film's supporting actor, Aiden Sean, who plays the lead rapist. Collins manages to keep a captive audience however the plot of ever changing sex partners and unbelievable friendships preclude a conception of reality in this illusive drama.
on 17 June 1999
In fact, one of my less favorite of her books, down there with "American Star" and "Rock Star". Especially a drag as a followup to the un-put-downable "Revenge". I figured out who the evil stalker was about 1/3 through, maybe even before that. Very predictable, which is too bad, because one of the things I love most about her writing are the unpredictable twists her stories will take. It seems like her books are either extremely predictable, such as this and that LA miniseries she put out, or absolutely top rate w/twists you absolutely don't see coming. No middle of the road. Unfortunately, this is one of her more dissapointing ones. But even lame Jackie Collins is better than none at all, and the character based on Kevin Costner was rather amusing. My advice? Wait for paperback and buy Dangerous Kiss in hardcover if you want Collins at her sleazy, fun best. This one is blah.
on 25 November 1998
on 17 March 1998
Jackie Collins has done it again, with another book that can't be put down once you have started to read it. She keeps you guessing almost to the very end, who the mystery man is. After a ways into the book, I figured Lara would end up with Joey in the end, but I didn't want her to until almost the very end, when he told his side of his life, then I wanted them to be together. The ending is very suspensful, with many different storylines all going on at once, which kept me reading until late into the night to finish. When I was finally done, I was ready for another new Jackie Collins book, because I have read them all. This is definitely a must read!
VINE VOICEon 24 January 2013
I was a bit gutted to get a quarter of the way through the book and then realise that I had read it years ago and had to keep reading as I couldn't really remember it! This didn't bode well for a rivetng read.
I was pleasantly surprised, there are a few twists and turns to keep you guessing, and a few surprising reveals that are worth the wait.
I would have given the book 5 stars if Lara hadn't been so beautiful, with an amazing body that she didn't have to work at and she was so nice to everybody and she was so innocent, she needed one flaw to make her believable.