VINE VOICEon 21 April 2012
I tend to be a bit choosy about warranty protection, but this is very good value for money, (I have seen on another site one for £10 more) I really think it is a good idea to insure my new Kindle, being so small there is always to risk of someone knocking it on the floor, or even it going wrong, though I tend to doubt this as technology has improved so much now, just look at smart phones etc !
But, like some others who have mentioned this, It is a bit naff to insure from the date of purchasing the warranty, rather than the date of actually receiving the Kindle.
Never the less I do not regret taking the cover out, I trust Amazon that is is an OK cover.
on 21 April 2012
Product is good, in that it covers you for accident, mechanical breakdown and theft. I found the company to have great communication by email and webform submitted through their website. Very polite too. Theft cover doesn't show on policy. I think this needs changing, as you want to read your policy details. Very good response from company by email though, so no complaints overall. would still recommend.
on 19 April 2012
This warranty is only valid for Kindles purchased in the last 30 days. After purchase you'll get confirmation
through email and post, the first time i purchased a warranty from Squaretrade i also got a phone call from a
nice customer service rep who just went over some basic info - it was unneeded but not unpleasant or anything.

Once the certificate of insurance is in your hand the warranty period begins. For mechanical issues the
first year is covered by Amazon, and the next 2 by Squaretrade. For accidents, Squaretrade cover the 3 years.

Squaretrade say that you're entitled to unlimited repairs and replacements, but the small print for this warranty
states that you're only eligible for 3 Kindle replacements, once you reach number 3 your policy ends immediately.

For mechanical breakdown and accidental damage the policy is quite simple, but for theft you'll need to follow some
rules. If your Kindle is stolen you must inform Squaretrade within 48hrs and have a valid police crime number. If
you fail to notify them within 48hrs they can decide not to cover you. The main exclusions against theft are if it
was from within a vehicle or on public transport, or a property where forced entry did not occur. Keep this in mind.

The policy comes with a "Cancel Anytime" option too. Within the first 90 days you can get all of your money back
if you haven't claimed, after that period your entitled to a refund for the remainder of the warranty, e.g if
you used 1.5 years but decide you don't want it any more Squaretrade will refund you 50% of the purchase price.

The warranty is valid worldwide wherever you use your Kindle but replacements can only be sent to the UK, so if you
decide to move abroad you might want to transfer the warranty to someone else and sell your Kindle, it's free to transfer.

I have only needed a replacement once since i took out the Squaretrade warranty and the process was painless. After
calling & explaining what happened, the customer service rep politely explained everything and informed me that a
replacement would be sent out immediately. I received it within 2 days and returned the damaged one back free of charge.

This does exactly what it says and is good to have for peace of mind, especially if your always taking your Kindle with
you. The claims process really is painless and everything from Squaretrade's customer service to delivery is great.
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2012
I ordered a KINDLE TOUCH from Amazon and was instantly shown that I could purchase a 3-year warranty. I think this is a great offer. The 3-year warranty also covers Accident Protection and Theft. The cost for this 3-year warranty is £29.99 which, if you think about it, is very good money for what is offered. Should your Kindle fall, break, stop working or get stolen, you know that you can have peace of mind under the warranty. Imagine dropping your Kindle without the warranty...where do you go to get it fixed, if it can be fixed?

The warranty is sold by SquareTrade Ltd. Once you have chosen the warranty you are then sent an email so that you can input a password of your choice. You then access your warranty and print it out.
on 2 May 2012
Was very tempted to leave this as theft and accident damage would be covered by home insurance but with the excess payable I'd be lucky to get half the replacement cost back.

Hopefully will never need it but if anything happens to the Kindle then at least I should be able to get it replaced.
on 24 April 2012
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Just taken out the SquareTrade 3 year Warranty on my new Kindle Touch. Talk about quick excellent service and clear instructions and information. Well done SquareTrade!
on 14 May 2012
I decided to purchase the Square Trade Warranty as it appears to offer great value for money and even though my Kindle Touch will be covered under my house insurance if I were to loose it sometime I thought because of the policy excess on my home insurance that I would be best served having an individul policy for my Kindle. I ordered the warranty via the Amazon website and a few hours later the warranty certificate had been e-mailed to me, which is an exceptionally fast service.
on 11 May 2012
Absolute first class response from SquareTrade UK. Ordered at 6pm and delivered on e-mail to me at 3am the next morning.

Decided to take out Insurance as my Kindle Keyboard died on me after a mere 18 months. Needless to say whilst on a foreign holiday and obviously out of warranty.

A very,hopefully,comprehensive Insurance Policy.
on 18 August 2012
I initially thought that their customer service was excellent,the warranty came very quick, however, my feelings rapidly changed when I needed to contact them. I needed to cancel my warranty and despite being told to wait 3-5 days, nearly two weeks later, I was still waiting for them to action this request. Thank goodness for Amazon customer services, within 1 call my complaint was dealt with and a refund iniaited!! In fairness to Square Trade after the intervention of Amazon I did get an apology from them, better late than never I guess!
As I stated before, on initial contact they are great, however, if you have a problem do be prepared to go over their heads and deal direct with Amazon. In my experience it is only then that the complaint is dealt with and action taken!! :(
on 12 July 2012
Purchased cover for my wife's Kindle but didn't copy receipt (not purchased from Amazon) on to Square Trade website. Broken Kindle, enquired if we could claim, they rang me back and the operator checked kindle was registered onto my Amazon account, linked the warranty number and processed claim saying New Kindle would be despached and with us on Wednesday , it actually turned up Tuesday.
The call back was at 6.00 PM on a Sunday evening. 48hr response, Superb service all round and I would recommend this product to anyone who purchases a Kindle, we have 3, all covered.3-Year SquareTrade Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle Keyboard (Free 3G + Wi-Fi)