on 28 December 2012
It has all the bits you could ever need (and a lot you will never use I am sure!) Neat and tidy when locked, but I kept knocking it over when open and all the bits went flying, so would have been nice if the container gripped the bits a bit tighter. Having said that, if you are fettling a MacBook, the last thing you need is to be without the tools to finish the job once you have started. Worked well for me.
on 13 August 2012
Quality is very good. IT comes in a really small box/case.
It has magnetic tip and selection is very good.
It's called mackbook pro set - but don't be fooled by it. It can be used to work with anything;-)
I used it to open imac to replace HDD and it was only set of tools needed for a job. Later used it to see what is inside faulty hdd :-D
Good set of scredrivews
on 12 August 2012
I used this kit to replace a MacBook Pro battery. My only gripe is that it is very difficult to see which bit-head is, as that there is no slot identification or bit marking. A person with poor(er) eyesight will have difficulty in selecting the correct bit first time.

Otherwise, the set is of good quality and serves its purpose.
on 28 May 2015
It's a generic set, and not for the MacBook Pro, or any MacBook come to that. The heads are soft and when using the T6 to undo a logic board screw, the head started to twist an warp, so that one now doesn't work. The Pentalobe head isn't made very well and doesn't fit anything.
The idea behind the design is okay, but when twisting the base of the holder to get the heads up, it sticks and jams, and this is the same when you close the holder down. Half to the heads will stay sticking out and you have to push them in manually. A minor gripe but maybe and redesign of the case might help.
I wouldn't say these are professional but more for the hobbyist or if you'll work on a laptop once a year. I bought these ages ago, used them once for the logic board screw and that was it. I'm only writing this review as i found the set last night and chucked them out, as we're clearing rubbish out for a house move.
I'd save your money and go for something better.
on 15 April 2012
I ordered this product to help fix my macbook. I have found the tool kit very handy as it sits very neatly on a shelf by my desk and is always there when I need to change batteries in my children's toys, or fix my glasses. It has so many heads to it that i can't imagine it not being useful in the years to come.
on 31 December 2014
If you want a set to perform one or two simple DIY repairs to save money, it might do the job. My MacBook Pro battery replacement went well, using 2 or 3 of the bits.
The good: fair assortment, bits are magnetic, have reasonable depth for recessed screws and the handle is OK.
The bad: this set is clearly not for professional use as advertised, and only barely for DIY use. The bits come unsorted and have no markings. They are not made with any high degree of precision or rigidity. Seen under a magnifying glass, several of the smaller bits are skewed, off-center or asymmetrical in other ways. For example, the flanges of my smaller PH bits were in a kind of spiral form, which grips well when fastening, but badly when unfastening, easily destroying screws in the process. Would barely trust these for a second repair of my own Mac, absolutely not if it was my job.
on 19 October 2012
This little toolkit has been well thought out and is ideal for anybody who wants to work on their MBP's. ALL tools, including the spatula are includedand the twist to raise function is a nice touch, giving easy access to every tool in the kit. I would highly recommend this product.
on 2 December 2014
Not fantastic quality, and fiddly to remove some of the bits from their holder. Does do what it claimed to. Make sure you don't buy this expecting to open a retina MBP - in the description they do state that it doesn't have the correct bit for that, and they're not lying!
on 27 February 2013
Judging by the picture, I though that the handler and overall package were bigger, but it's nice the way it is.

The screwdriver tips are magnetic, what is pretty handy, and you probably covered to any screw type you run across with electronic gadgets. The box even sports some allen tips, which is very useful for setting electronic guitars bridge.
The only sub par thing is the case, that is made of plastic. The top, which prevent the 30 tips to fall over, is made of a very cheap transparent plastic. At the £15 price point, we could expect acrylic finish. I know these screwdrivers are for delicate work, but if this case fell from a "table! height, the case would easily crack.

A good product overall, the stainless tips are really well-crafted, shame that the case doesn't match the same level of quality.
on 13 August 2014
The kit itself is good quality, the parts are well made and fit nicely onto the chosen bolt or screw head. The handle is comfortable in use with a rubberised handle and fits nicely into the kit which has a screw on lid that clamps everything in position.

I've knocked one star off as they really should have taken into account the possibility of someone accidentally knocking the kit over on its side without the lid on. The bits are very loose in their own compartments, and not being held in magnetically or with rubber seals to keep them in place, they all come tumbling out and you spend the next 10 minutes retrieving the pieces from the surrounding area while muttering profanities.

Free tip - Get in the habit of screwing the lid on every time you've taken the tool out and it's a good kit to have.