4.0 out of 5 stars for joint and muscle aches, brain and eyes
Sent from US, arrived in just over 2 weeks.

Published 6 months ago by D&D

2.0 out of 5 stars A Caution
Order arrived within just two working days! Very good service. I have taken the capsules for 4 days now, and I am already feeling some results! The first day it seemed to go right to my head within minutes. My skin looks clearer and not so dry!
It has been 2weeks now. I would say this as a WARNNING. I am getting severe, long lingering headaches with pins and needles,...
Published 4 months ago by Alex White

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars for joint and muscle aches, brain and eyes, 8 April 2014
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BioAstin, Hawaiian Astaxanthin, 12 mg, 50 Gel Caps (Personal Care)
Sent from US, arrived in just over 2 weeks.

85-year-old in-law suffering from age-related macular degeneration in both eyes and with limited vision, getting worse every year has now been taking Astaxanthin in addition to mega-doses of various supplements - including all the vitamins (just one supplement at a time did not work). BioAstin is natural and some research shows it performs multiple times better than synthetic astazanthin.

In-law has been taking many supplements daily (just one or a few didn't work) including:

- Blue Ice Royal Butter Oil / Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend, an excellent natural source of vitamins A, D, E & K and this also provides EPA and DHA (leaving only B-complex and C to be sourced for an all-vitamin-regimen
- lots of sea salt daily, for a balanced source of all minerals and 1 teaspoon maple syrup - adds at least four of the essential monosacharides (deficiencies of which are implicated in nearly all abnormal autoimmune responses) both based on on an intriguing book called "The Calcium Lie II" which explains many of the nutritional lies we've swallowed (like synthetic supplements are OK);
- Premier Research Max B-ND, a good B-complex;
- iodine and selenium (must be taken together);
- organic, cold-pressed flaxseed oil (to be taken with full spectrum (from whole food) vitamin C such as Innate Response C-400);
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup which provides at least four of the essential monosacharides (deficiencies of which are implicated in nearly all abnormal autoimmune responses) as also explained in "Calcium Lie II"
- magnesium oil (easily made at home and cheaper that way, from equal parts Zechstein magnesium chloride and water) - this is for a short term, about 6 months, until magnesium levels in the body are better, then sea salt will provide what's needed (anyone with a chronic health problem has magnesium deficiency)
- probiotics and digestive enzymes (if eating gives indigestion, then 1 tablespoon pure, fresh lemon juice at the start of all main meals)
- zinc (until the mineral balance starts to improve);
- 5mg melatonin (amount depends on age and health);
- also natural desiccated thyroid tablets (over half of us have an underactive thyroid but doctors, including endos, don't believe it, since there are no lab tests for many of the causes).

For macular degeneration, naturopathic specialist suggests at least 20mg astaxanthin (so I changed to the 12mg astaxanthins); also, according to Dr Damon Miller, it's helpful to give 40-80mg Lutain plus Zeanthin, SuperDHA ‑ 500mg to 1500mg daily with meals - and Taurine ‑ 500 mg before bed.

Like advertising, I'd guess about 50% works. Like advertising, the question is "which 50%"?

Since the Astaxanthin and the Life Extension-super Zeaxanthin with Lutein, Meso-zeaxanthin softgels were added just a week before the cloudiness disappeared in the better eye, it's likely they contributed to that improvement. The other mega-doses had been taken for over 6 weeks with other benefits reported from the third week onwards, including reversal of the injection-created blindness in the other eye (yes, that expensive injection two years before into the eyeballs blinded the worse eye completely and did nothing for the other, better eye) and end of shingles pain of a decade and tinnitus of several decades as well as return of taste/smell that had gone several years ago due to an allergic response to an antibiotic. Yes, in-law is delighted but keeps whining about "so much to take" and that it's almost killed appetite, as well as the expense.

Later note: a knowledgeable herbalist recommended Standard Process Cyruta Plus from the US. It has capillary strengthening vitamin P, a high bioflavonoid content and rutin. It is said to repair burst, inflamed or ruptured capillaries, tune vascular walls. It has dried buckwheat leaf juice, buckwheat seed, bovine adrenal Cytosol extract and oat flour. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to obtain over here so I replaced part of what it offers with bioflavonoids tablets and also with buckwheat tablets. Then a US friend sent some Cyruta and we began noticing changes: for example, the sickly smell of the last few years disappeared within 48 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars BioAstin, Hawiian Astaxanthin, 12mg, 50 Gel Caps, 21 Sep 2013
I have been taking this supplement for 3 weeks now, after the first week I noticed my skin was beginning to look very nice. After 3 weeks the age spots are beginning to fade and dare I say it but the wrinkles around my eyes are beginning to be less deep. The floaters in my eyes are not as noticeable and I managed to read the computer screen without my glasses.I really cannot sat yet if my aches and pains are better because I have not noticed that but only time will tell. I will up date this review at a later date with further information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used every year for the last 10 years, 24 July 2013
A fantastic product still not widely known in the UK. I have seen it in a couple of health food shops but still generally purchase via Amazon. I started using this 10 years ago when I first heard about it in the Sunday Times. Anyone who gets sunburned should know about this product. I am not one for health fads or food supplements but I am extremely grateful I discovered this product as its made summer holidays in the sun so much more bearable.

I have gone from getting severe sunburn regularly every year even with using sunscreens, keeping in the shade and keeping T Shirts on etc. Since I have started using this I have not suffered any sunburn. We go to Spain every year and I start taking 1 pill a day a month before we leave and up this to 2 a day the week before and during the stay, in conjunction with conventional sunscreens . I am sure there are plenty of people out there who will say it doesn't work but for me I have definitely noticed a significant difference in the way I am affected by the sun.

I have also recently discovered it has been given a US patent for the effective treatment of carpel tunnel syndrome due its positive affect on tendons. Being a guitarist this is also of interest.

If you burn try this....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product - Especially for eyestrain, 17 July 2014
Amazing Product... I bought this especially for eyestrain. The astaxanthin + Lutein is great for this. I have had bad eyestrain in one eye for a long time now...nothing has helped this . A lot of people buy this for various reasons... this is the only thing that has helped me...very high quality product. 2nd time purchase I will be buying it again. This product also just makes you feel good! a big boost in energy. It says you will feel results within a couple weeks, personally I feel them right away. Great product, I recommend 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for eyes and much more, 4 Jun 2013
I use the astaxanthin for reversing degeneration of my eyes... instead of laser treatment, which doesn't address the cause of the problem in the first place. My eyes are back to its best at 48 naturally, plus any more good side effect.
Yes, great product and excellent service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, 17 July 2013
I am completely amazed of how good it makes you feel, to how I was before. Its not immediate, it takes about a month, but after that. Brilliant!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 19 April 2014
I've been taking Bioastin for a while and it's great to find this product as it means I only have to take one capsule instead of 3 to get my daily dose. I wouldn't be without it as I feel so much better than I did before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best preventative treatment, 27 April 2014
Undoubtedly the most effective preventative treatment I have ever used..... so far, not a single cold for 6 months. Also great improvements in general health, energy, skin and hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prickly Heat, 4 Aug 2014
I suffered from severe Prickly Heat for many years - read up on this and decided to give it a try. I give it 100 out of 100 the best thing for my skin ever. No more prickly heat no itchy skin at night from being in the sun - haven't used sun screen, although this is not recommended - during all the good weather - I would definitely recommend to anyone ho has the same issues when in the sun

5.0 out of 5 stars good product for your health, 29 Jan 2014
I have had one bottle already. My skin feel smooth and shine. very good.

i bought 2 bottles this time to share with my husband.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›