5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful
This book was well worth the read, sometimes knowing things are normal, helps no ends, good tips in this book.
Published 8 months ago by Tracey-S-

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor book for general potty training
Published on 14 Jan 2010 by S. Mills

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor book for general potty training, 14 Jan 2010
S. Mills "SVBOb" (Seattle) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as I am about to potty train my 2 year old. I had heard good things about Tracey Hogg but this book places most emphasis on her own 'EASY' routine and not just on potty training. It also makes mums like myself, who have children over the age of 2 that are not potty trained, feel like a bad parent. The book emphasises that potty training is best started as young as 9 months, so for parents of older children, this is not the book to buy. If you are a fan of Tracey Hogg's EASY routine and have used the baby whisperer books,then go ahead and buy the book as it follows on from her other methods, but for parents like myself looking for a simple guide to help with potty training, this book fails completely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, 30 Mar 2011
Stefanie Waterman "bookmum" (london) - See all my reviews
I really loved her first book The Baby Whisperer, but am not impressed with this one.

Approximately 90 of the first 130 pages were a repeat of her other baby care book or about children's temperament/ personality not potty training.

The worthwhile section was only the last part of the book so you are buying a whole book but using only half. What a waste.

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing new to learn here . . ., 25 Aug 2010
This book is ok. The 1st 3/4 of the book go on about the EASY routine (which isnt what I brought the book to learn about!) The latter part of the book concentrates on potty training and is ok BUT take note: If you already have The Baby Whispers Book then this just seems to repeat what it states in that book so not reeally worth buying!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Tracy Hogg was not involved in the publication of this book!!, 29 Aug 2012
K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This is a book that is a rehash of other books Tracy actually wrote. Sadly Tracy Hogg passed away in 2004 :( Her books "the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect and Communicate with your Baby and "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems"The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems (By Teaching You How to Ask the Right Questions): Sleeping, feeding and behaviour - beyond the basics through infancy and toddlerdom and "Baby Whisperer for Toddlers" are all still fantastic and relevant but these new books have just taken bits and pieces from her books and probably notes and interviews and published them as if Tracy Hogg had written them fresh, so deceitful! I am sure if Tracy was still with us she would have updated her books with the times and new advances in research but sadly she isn't here to do that though there is a wonderful forum in her honour where parents from around the world whisper their babies, toddler and children with Tracy's caring, respectful philosophy at the core.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, but too brief, 9 May 2012
This book gave me a good introduction to the baby whisperers method of potty training. However, it left me looking for more information in order to actually apply the concepts. Basically, the book is too brief and does not really give you a thorough enough guide to this unconventional way of toilet training! (Especially since a great deal of pages out of an already thin book are devoted to explaining Tracys overall methods of baby care rather than to actual potty training.) As an example, there is no guidance on what to do if your working part-time, or when your out and about, etc.
I ended up looking for more information and stumbled on 'Diaper free baby' by Christine Gross-Loh. This book was what I needed as it explained what to do for babys that are any age and for any family situation!

All in all, this is a good book if you want a general overview of toilet training 9month old babies. But be prepared to feel frustrated if you actually want to apply the methods.

I like having the book as a reference. However, it is a great shame that Tracy Hogg did not write more about this topic as I do believe potty training earlier is a good option for parents.

3.0 out of 5 stars mini baby whisperer, 18 Nov 2010
Mrs. J. D. Wansborough "jdaniellep" (manchester, uk) - See all my reviews
This is full of good philosophical tips, but not too many practical ones. Also, it's what was covered in the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers anyway, if you have bought or read that it's just a repeat, including some slightly irrelevant info about the EASY routine for babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 31 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 17 April 2012
Very useful as all her books. Haven't read yet, but gave to read to my friend. She said it's more about system, but potty training is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE for Parents, 18 Oct 2010
If you are the type of parent who believes children should be taught and not make the rules up for themselves, this book is for you! I just hate that ALL of Tracey's books aren't available in the states. Tracey is VERY easy to follow and her direction simply makes sense. I read her first book, "secrets of the baby whisperer" and had such good luck with it that when my daughter entered the toddler stage, I wanted to use her methodology here as well. So far so good. We are working through the potty training right now! Her theories are very different than what other parents here in the states are using and we definitely get a lot of odd looks and negative comments. However, these people can't argue what a joy our daughter can be when at the market, playing with other children or how E.A.S.Y. she really is at bedtime. That is enough for me. Because of the results I have seen, I belive in her direction so much that I was willing to pay not only the price of the book but also the international shipping and the exchange fees. I think the total for 2 books was $80 USD. :-) If you are willing to stick with it, this works and is a life saver!!!