5.0 out of 5 stars So useful
Published on 29 Oct. 2012 by Marand

1.0 out of 5 stars dispointed
after 14 months of very little use - maybe 30 times only- the motor broke down. It costed another £85 to have it fixed. Good reputation, good look but very poor quality. This product used to be iconic, but only the look remains. I am very disapointed.
Published 10 months ago by MICHEL VINCENT

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 29 Oct. 2012
Marand (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kenwood KMC570 Chef Premier Stand Mixer - Silver (Kitchen & Home)
I have wanted one of these for ages and when it popped up at a very attractive price I couldn't resist. I did consider the Kmix but although I liked the styling I really wanted to have the flexi-beater and, as far as I can tell, there isn't (yet?) a flexi-beater for the Kmix. I also thought about the Kitchenaid but I have heard of some issues regarding reliability and, much though I love the look, I couldn't justify paying £150 more for something that would do the job no better just because of the lovely colours. In truth, having now got the Chef out on my work surface I think I prefer its more unobtrusive looks and it seems smaller than I was expecting, albeit still a bulky item.

I have only had the machine for about a week but I have already put it to extensive use and used all the standard attachments. The kit includes a decent recipe book (although a noddy guide for newbies would have been a welcome addition) from which I cooked some soufflés and a rather lovely tiramisu gateau. I have also used the machine to make bread. Needless to say the Chef did its work efficiently. If, like me, you are used to only a hand mixer then you need to take care initially to avoid over-beating, etc..

The machine is a solid piece of kit which would be best left out on a worktop. That said, it is lighter than my Magimix which weighs a ton so if I had to put one of the two in a cupboard, it would be the Chef. I did need to adjust the whisk and K beaters to ensure that they picked up all the ingredients on the bottom of the bowl. There is a spanner for this - initially I couldn't find this but it is in the bubble pack that contains the flexi-beater. Making the adjustments was easy. The dough hook is apparently properly set at the factory and should need no adjustment.

The blender is a hefty piece of glass. Unlike my old blender the whole thing comes apart so that cleaning the sharp blades is easy and safe. I noticed one reviewer mentioned having problems removing the mixing bowl. I haven't come up against that but I have real trouble separating the various elements of the blender. They fit together tightly to avoid any issues with leakage, the blender unit attaches to and comes away from the slot on the Chef without any difficulty but I had to get my husband to twist the base off to dismantle it for cleaning. I guess that it needs to fit together securely to prevent leaks (and there weren't any). I noticed one review saying that the splashguard did not fit properly. I can only assume this is an irregularity as my splashguard fits perfectly and stops any flour etc escaping.

There are a couple of DVDs included, one with recipes, the other an introduction and in effect an extended advert for the accessories which you can buy (there are lots of these). There are one or two that I will probably get but as I already have a Magimix there would be no point in getting others. Each of these machines has its advantages and disadvantages and is better at certain tasks. For example, the Kenwood is much better at whisking than the Magimix whilst there is little difference between the blender and the Magimix, indeed the heavy glass jug of the Chef is better I think for crushing ice. The one thing I would like is a storage system for the beaters, etc.. I have put them all in a basket so I don't lose any bits but that will be a pain if I get some of the attachments. One of the things I am interested in is the pasta maker and there are a raft of expensive bronze dies to produce different shapes which would be easy to mislay.

All in all, I am delighted and I know I will be baking much more frequently now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 29 May 2013
I have been wanting a Kenwood for ages and finally got one for my birthday. I was tempted to buy the next model up with the food processor but in the end that was just too much money.
The unit is heavy so make sure that you have space to keep it out on the bench or work on your arm muscles, I suspect that if you put it into a cupboard you won't use it as much due to the hassle of getting it out. Mine sits on the bench and is getting good use.
The mixer is as good as you would expect from this brand, I have made breads, cakes, biscuits and pizzas so far and have been impressed with the range of abilities. I was really pleased to see the recipe book included as it gives you a guide as to which speed you should be mixing ingredients at. It is not the quietest of machines but as it is so thorough in the mixing you shouldn't be needing to run it for too long.
The blender is very heavy and made of glass perfect for soups, though so far I have only made tomato sauce in it. It took me a little while to figure out how to out the blender together but once I did it felt very solid.
Overall I think this is a great purchase and if you do a lot of baking you will find it an important addition to your kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Machine!, 22 Aug. 2012
Ash - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been looking at getting one of these for ages but I was always put off by the nagging doubt that it wouldn't really as useful as I hoped and given the price-tag it would be a waste. I know others who have the same problem and having had this for a few weeks, I can say unequivocally that not only has it not been a waste, but it has become one of the most important things in my kitchen!

In terms of the packaging - it comes delivered without any additional packaging or covering so if you're ordering as a gift be aware that you can see the item when delivered. It comes in a pretty big, heavy box, which at first glance seems a bit excessive, but given all the extras you get with this, it all quickly makes sense. In addition to the usual manuals, warranty info etc, but you also get a good recipe book and recipe cd which has a good range of decent, relatively easy recipes. You also get the Mixer unit and bowl, four different mixer attachments, and in a separate box within the main box a glass thermal blender attachment that fits on to the top of the mixer unit. You also get a spatula, a spanner for raising/lowering the mixer unit, and a splash guard as well as a brochure for the plethora of other attachments you can get for the mixer.

Onto the actual mixer, it has a nice metalic grey finish, which you would expect from it being metal, and it quite heavy and somewhat bulky. It takes up a lot of room and if you have limited work surface it may be a problem as the weight makes it a bit awkward to easily and frequently put in/take out of a cupboard. You also need some height to use it as you need to tilt the top mixing section up in order to place the bowl and change the mixer attachments.

Potential storage issues aside, the actual performance of the mixer is fantastic. It is very easy to change the mixer attachments, it has a simple speed dial and has made every single bread, cake and batter recipe perfectly - it is as simple as putting your ingredients in, turning to the appropriate speed, and let it get one with the mixing. I'm sure for those who have used similar before, that much is obvious, but as someone who has only had handheld electric whisks etc up to now, this machine has been a revelation. The ease, simplicity, and perhaps even more importantly, the speed have been a revelation. Recipes which previously took upwards of 30 minutes are now ready in under 10, and with signficantly less arm-ache. I've even done a like-for-lie comparison between this and my kenwood bread maker and the KMC570 dough comes out on top every time.

On a slightly more negative note, however, I have noticed a couple of issues with this. The first is that the splash guard doesn't quite fit my machine, or rather it doesn't stay put when placed on it. I think this may just be a one-off issue with the one I got, but it doesn't quite latch where it is supposed to (I think the tread isn't prominent enough) so it tends to move around a bit when in use. The second is that the bowl, which locks in place to prevent it moving when in use, tend to get stuck and is very very difficult to get unstuck - to the point where I have to get help with one person twisting the bowl and the other holding the mixer unit still. The third issue is that it can be very loud and slightly unstable at the higher speeds - it is unlikely that you'll have to use these speeds too much, but the machine has a definite wobble and shudder when higher than 5 and the noise means it can't really be used if someone is sleeping.

Whilst not major, I think these issues are just enough to prevent me from giving this a 5 star rating - I would give 4.5 if I could. However, despite these minor issues, I think this is a fantastic device which has, as I said above, become a key tool in my kitchen and is used every week without fail. Even with my slight gripes, it is still a great buy and I would have no problems recommending it to friends and family who were on the lookout for a great mixer and all around kitchen/cooking assistant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 26 Jun. 2012
P Campbell (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have long wanted a Kenwood mixer and I have finally got one. It is a beautiful machine and so robust! It arrived in a huge box and was very well packaged. I think Kenwood have thought of everything. The body of the mixer is made of metal and is fairly heavy as it houses a massive 1000w motor and it should last for years. There are 4 mixer/beater attachments including a dough hook for making bread, K-beater, whisk and flexi-beater (the rubberized edges skim the sides of the stainless steel bowl whilst stirring). To fit on the top of the machine is a thermal glass blender which you can blend mixtures together such as for soup making etc.

There is also a CD ROM with recipes, a recipe book with cakes, pastries, icing, biscuits, mashed potato, bread, soups and sauce recipes etc. A DVD that shows the basic functions of the mixer and the myriad number of attachments you can buy that connect to the mixer either at the front (the nose), as part of the bowl/mixer functions or the area at the top where the blender goes; these can help make pasta, grinders, liquidizers, food cutters, grain mill, potato peeler, ice cream maker, citrus press, juicer etc. Included with this mixer is an attachment spanner for tightening the 4 mixing tools and a spatula for scraping out the bowl.

When making a cake mix, I found the mixer easy to use and very powerful. I like the action of the mixer and the smooth way in which it works...beats beating by hand. In no time I had a lovely light cake mix. There is a plastic splashguard over the bowl and that makes it easy when you add more ingredients as you flip up the lid and add anything like flour, eggs, milk or dry fruits etc. The cake was lovely and turned out very well.

I love to make home made soups. I cooked my chopped vegetables and added a stock, herbs and seasoning and when cooked I blended that to a more liquid consistency. The thermal jug could take the heat from the soup and there; I had a lovely soup within a short space of time. Assembling the blender was pretty straightforward and I'm sure I'll remember for next time. I didn't find the cleaning of the appliance too arduous and it wouldn't put me off using it again. I plan to make lots of bread, as I love to make it and try different recipes. I will up-date my review when I do that.

So far...A+. I cannot fault it. Beautifully made and lots of information to help you use the machine. I shall keep this forever. I may not be a top chef, but I felt pretty good using this.

I found a space for the mixer and it will be well used. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of equipment!, 28 April 2013
I've held off buying a stationary mixer for years but this was recommended to me by my catering tutor and I certainly haven't been disappointed! It's a great addition to my kitchen and there's so many attachments available. Don't wait. Buy it! It arrived the very next day after ordering,too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 12 Nov. 2012
John T. (Birmingham. UK.) - See all my reviews
I've wanted a decent stand mixer for ages. The market leaders for premium stand mixers seems to be Kenwood and Kitchenaid. Having done a lot of research on the mixers, Kitchenaid mixers which look fantastic, are way overpriced, underpowered and seem to suffer from poor build quality, terrible reliability and poor customer service. See one of the many KA problem forums on the net.

I did consider the Kenwood Kmix mixer, which looks great but is not as versatile as the Chef mixer and I think you may have to purchase the flexible beater attachment as an extra. I also looked at the Prospero compact mixer, but decided on the Chef KMC 570 as opposed to the entry level and slightly cheaper Chef KM 336 which is constructed of metal and plastic, a slightly smaller wattage motor and acrylic liquidiser.

Wow, what a mixer the Chef 570 is !!! It's all metal construction, 1000 watt motor, glass liquidiser and included flexible beater which works a treat at mixing all the ingredients and scrapes the bowl as it mixes. The motor never seems to labour even when mixing bread dough. This is a serious mixer with good build quality. I've no doubt the reliability is as good as the mixer itself. I would have no hesitation in recommending this mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily powerful enough to mix bread dough, 16 Aug. 2012
Grev (Brighton) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Kenwood KMC570. Easy to use, easy to clean, and comes equipped with a 1000 watt motor powerful enough to mix bread dough. Plus it looks good too. What more could you ask for?

It may be an expensive outlay but take it from me, if you cook a lot then this mixer is worth every penny. It comes with 4 attachments, one of which is a dough hook, all of which are extremely easy to slot in or out. The bowl also comes with a splash guard to stop food going everywhere. It also comes with a thermal glass blender which fits onto the top of the mixer if you need to use it.

Kenwood have also included a brochure illustrating the myriad of other attachments that you can purchase and fit onto the KMC570, including a juicer, pasta maker, spud peeler, ice cream maker - in fact there seems to be an attachment for almost everything short of changing the tyre on your car. Some of them look a bit Heath Robinson, but judging by the sturdy build quality of the mixer I don't doubt that they're all equally sturdy and well built.

All in all the KMC570 is an excellent bit of kit. Very highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars dispointed, 31 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Chef KMC570, 19 Dec. 2013
This is a replacement for my A701A Kenwood Chef which I had for over 50years I have only had the 570 for a short time but I can see things have altered hopefully for the better my old one was faultless so I am hoping the 570 is even better it is taking a bit of getting use to to but I am sure I will master it soon but I am very pleased with it when I realised my old one was finished I didn't hesitate in what would replace it Thank You

4.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, couple of niggles, 1 Dec. 2014
After years of longing for a standing mixer, I finally bought the KMC 570 two years ago. When it arrived I was surprised by its size and its weight, but I luckily have a lot of workspace in the kitchen so I can leave it on the side. At the price I was disappointed that storage for the mixing accessories wasn't provided.
I barely touched it at first as it was too beautiful to get dirty and to be honest I was a little intimidated by it! I now use it 2-3 times a week and wouldn't be without it. My breads and cakes have improved, although I'm not sure whether that's thanks to the mixer, or whether it's because I'm baking more often to justify the price!
I've used all the attachments provided. Every one except the dough hook needed adjusting so they reached the bottom of the bowl, but this was easily done. I've rarely used the rigid k-beater as I've found I've not had to scrape the bowl as much when using the flexible one.
For those who are short of stature or slight of strength - you may not get on with the blender attachment. It's heavy and there's a knack to getting it on. When assembled on top of the mixer, it's about 45-50cm above the work surface so it could be difficult to pour things in. It's good though and makes short work o f ice cubes.

I love my mixer and wouldn't hesitate in purchasing another one, but there are few niggles which have cost it a star:
- the bowl can be difficult to remove and without a handle (available on pricier models), it can be difficult to grab hold of
- it could do with better non-stick feet as it can walk around, especially when mixing dough
- I would like a storage solution for the accessories