5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful and very moving novel
This is a very powerful story, bravely telling of something that as parents we hope will never happen to us. The characters are very well drawn, and every emotion is explored as their lives are ripped apart by the actions of a very naive man. I was gripped from the moment I started reading, and in such a way that I felt my heart in my mouth several times throughout the...
Published on 13 Jun 2012 by John Byatt

3.0 out of 5 stars A Difficult Subject Well Tackled
Vivien Hampshire has a gift for writing natural dialogue and she uses this to bring her characters to life. They are all ordinary people but share a common bond - their lives have been effected by the abduction of little Lucy. Hampshire tells the story from alternating viewpoints which has the advantage of giving the reader a wide vista but the disadvantage of switching...
Published on 5 Sep 2012 by sallyj

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, 14 Aug 2013
J. Rainbow (Wales, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually read books like this, I'm a horror or paranormal fan but despite that I enjoyed this book. At first I wasn't sure it reminded me of stories in a women's magazine but then I was hooked after a few pages. I just didn't want to stop reading.
The characters are so likeable and real. I felt a lot of sympathy for them and liked all of them for their different personalities.
This book was a delight to read, just a perfect story. I just didn't want it to end.
It starts with baby Lucy being stolen from her pram in Lydia the childminder's garden and follows the lives of her mother, Lydia the child minder, her father and also the person who kidnapped her. A very interesting story. I would have liked more about the kidnapper in the end and his wife but I did enjoy this and sure anybody will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this down. The characters were so real and the plot very believable which made this such a compelling read. Brilliant!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Losing Lucy, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
This was a thoroughly enjoyable book. Reading about the characters and what was going on in each of their lives made the book difficult to put down. Although I could not work out how the story would finish, the ending still proved to be a surprise - especially the way in which it was worked. (I can't say too much for fear of giving anything away).

4.0 out of 5 stars A vivid portrayal of how people cope with grief, 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
This was a book that gripped me from the start. It's not just a story about a lost child - it's a story that shows us the myriad ways people cope with grief. Vivien Hampshire portrays vivid, believable characters in a book that is well written and well edited. I would have no hesitation in buying future books by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars A parent's worst nightmare, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
On the surface Losing Lucy was simply and clearly written, but beneath the text the complexity of human emotion was explored and tested. The characterisation was realistic and well-formed and the pace increased towards the end, pulling the reader along to the satisfying and cleverly cyclical climax. It is the story of an issue all parents fear... but one I enjoyed reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant novel that you just wont be able to put down!!, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this novel, the suspense kept me gripped until the very end!! Once you start reading you wont be able to put it down!! You will find yourself empathising with the characters whose lives really reflect the reality of today's world. It is very readable and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
This was a really book, I would like to read this again in another 6 months and I would definitely recommend it to my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written good read, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
This was a very enjoyable read, very well written, a real page turner. Towards the end, there were unexpected surprises, in addition to finding out how it would end. Anyone who has children will sympathise with Lucy's mother as she finds out that her precious baby has suddenly disappeared from the trusted baby-minder's garden, with no trace.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I could not put down, 1 Sep 2012
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
After I downloaded your book losing Lucy. I read it in two sittings. Which to me is when I cannot put a book down.

At first I thought I would get confused over all the different characters, but it was the opposite. I loved the way it moved from one to the other. Even though I did not want to like Bob and his wife I felt bad for them, until of course I learnt the truth.

I found your characters to be believable and the plot a little scary because it happens, but I had to read on to discover who and why. My first thought was Tom, but I was wrong. Can you tell how much i enjoyed it. It gets a huge five stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, 14 Aug 2012
C. L. Monument "Caryll Monument" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Losing Lucy (Kindle Edition)
Is unputdownable a real word? If it's not, it should be, because it describes this book to a T! Totally brilliant and the twist at the end had the whole family asking me what was up, after my gasp of amazement. I can highly recommend this book and will be looking for more from the same author. Fully deserving of 5 stars.

Losing Lucy