5.0 out of 5 stars Good cake tins - no problems here
I do a lot of baking and bought these Andrew James tins some years ago now and still use them today. . .

I have quite a few Andrew James items in my kitchen and find them all okay. I noticed a few negative reviews on these so I thought I'd give my take on em!

Published 1 month ago by KM

1.0 out of 5 stars They leak. Cake mix everywhere! :(
I used these for the first time today and when I took them off the top of my cooker to put in the oven there was cake mix spilt everywhere. Very disappointing as they look great, but if they don't hold the cake mix what's the point? Total waste of money.
Published on 8 Feb. 2013 by Karen E

1.0 out of 5 stars They leak. Cake mix everywhere! :(, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Andrew James Set of 3 Non-Stick Spring Form Cake Tins Set (Kitchen & Home)

2.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly disappointed, 30 Jan. 2013
Ms. J. A. Ball "stress_jess" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
I purchased these tins to enable me to make large celebration cakes. I was very keen as the product had received such good reviews on here. Having gone to use these for the first time, my first impression was that the tins looked uneven and the outside coating had some rough edges. Ignoring the appearance as I had bought these at a reduced price, I continued to make my cake. However, upon putting in the oven, the mix leaked out everywhere. Fortunately I always line my oven at the bottom, otherwise I would have had a lot of burnt cake mix stuck to the bottom. I managed to quickly transfer to one of my other tins to continue the bake (unfortunately a square one when I wanted a round one for the base). I then tested all of the other tins and found they suffered from the same issue.

I have decided to return these because unless I will only use them to make large cheesecakes, they are pretty much useless. Whether or not I received a faulty batch, who knows!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cake tins - no problems here, 24 Feb. 2015
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

These springform tins have a loose flat base which is held by a deep ring with a buckle on the side. When you release the buckle you then lift the ring off leaving your cake, dessert or pie in perfect condition.

I found these tins to be of great quality. Although there is no mention of it I think they are made from mild steel and they are non stick coated. The buckle fastening is well made and strong with a nice opening action on these tins compared to some I've used in the past.

You can use this in the oven, freezer and obviously fridge. There is a good amount of clearance around the cake when you release the buckle and open the ring making it easy to lift away leaving your creation on the flat plate!

May I add (just incase you're new to baking!) I always line these tins with greaseproof paper before using them. Although they are non stick coated your lovely cake can still stick to the ring/base. All's you do is cut a piece of greaseproof paper into a circle to cover the base (this should stop any possible batter leaking too) and cut a strip the same height of the ring and line inside the ring with it too making sure the edges overlap!
You can just use a paperclip to connect the two edges of the ring strip where they meet (make sure you take it out!!) or just dot the inner ring with butter so it sticks! This will make getting your cake out in perfect condition ten times easier :)

These tins measure 22, 24 and 26 cm which in old money is approx 9 inches, 9.8 and 10.5 inches. I prefer inches!

I would recommend after washing these pans to dry thoroughly asap to prolong their life. After drying you could put them in the oven to completely dry the buckle mechanism to stop any rusting.

So yes! A great set of tins here. Good luck in the kitchen folks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good VFM, 16 Feb. 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have a few Andrew James kitchen items now and they are all generally well made and functional. So I thought I would give these a try. They work as promised and are well constructed tins. As with all loose bottom tins they are not water tight seals when put together, so you may need to line the tins especially if the viscosity is particularly low. If the mix is very wet, you may still get some minor leakage depending on how well you line the tin.

I found the clamps particularly useful if the cake was a bit stubborn to get out, it just gives you that little more room to slide a small spatula down to free the cake. If the cake is free, then the clamps are still useful to make removal easier.

I did find the clamps to be a little awkward to release, but that is partly due to my finger joints getting a bit stiff and sore.

These have been used quite a few times now and each time they go through the dishwasher. So far there is no sign of the non-stick coating blistering, peeling or flaking off. They come out of the dishwasher clean every time.

Good VFM and good build quality. If you suffer with bad arthritis in your fingers, you may find the clamps a bit tricky.

4.0 out of 5 stars slightly tricky, 1 Jan. 2014
These cake tins look great and were a great price my only problem is that I find it a bit tricky putting it back together when I have washed it (although my husband manages no problem)

5.0 out of 5 stars Baking tins, 18 Oct. 2013
Very good quality and a very good price. Delivery was well within time stated. Very pleased with this product. Keep baking to use them

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 28 April 2013
excellent really pleased with products, easy to clean should have ordered more ,size of item were as per described in advert

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 different size cake tins, 15 Nov. 2014
niki j turner "njturner" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Great selection of sizes of cake tins with spring form. They are easy to pop the cake out and also non stick which is really a must in baking. I like the way they are in three different sizes so you could make a layered cake too.
I bought a seperate smaller one that is not included. Love the sizes and they are not huge so very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars x=mas present, 28 Jan. 2013
more baking stuff for my girl friends new found hobby turning flour,eggs and stuff into wonderful cake,s and things seems to be working keep it up

5.0 out of 5 stars Non stick cake tins, 4 Oct. 2012
I recently purchased these tins as myself & my son love to bake. They are great quality and definitely non stick I have recommended them to my mother who has also bought some they are great quality better than some of the more expensive ranges the sponge cake came out the tin so easy they were so easy to clean no scrubbing involved great choice of sizes to choose from. A pleasure to bake with would recommend to anyone. Thank you Andrew James for making experience in home baking so much easier.