4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read!
I bought this direct from the kindle with very little research into the author, etc.. I found it quite engaging, it certainly held my attention and did a good job of blending a level of believe-ability with fiction. Its not as good as girl with the dragon tattoo but its of that genre, I'd certainly read another book by this author.
Published on 30 Jun. 2012 by eeuk

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard going. ... Unbelievable story
I am at present rEading this book it is not as good as the Guy Lilburne stories. His books make one feel they are actually in Thailand. This book is not to my liking but I will finish reading it I will in the future try another by this author
Published on 23 Sept. 2012 by poppy55

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read!, 30 Jun. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Bangkok Burn - a great read, 4 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Just wanted to say WOW to Bangkok Burn, it's a great read. Normally I wouldn't read this genre but I found that I couldn't put it down; the action was fast, characters well-developed, and the storyline gripping. Simon Royle has managed to create a complete world and what a world it is with crocs in the swimming pools intrigue on intrigue.

I look forward to more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Problematic at times but interesting enough to invite a sequel., 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Having read a number of uncomplimentary reviews of this book, I might agree that the writing does, at times, leave something to be desired. There is a definite lack of character development and the book prematurely dives into action right from the start. Nonetheless, however, I still found reading the book rather entertaining--when I could keep the sometimes confusing details straight. The setting is exotic (Bangkok, Thailand),the storyline moves along and keeps you reading wondering what will happen next. There is much blood and guts violence in the book, some sex and some description about what it is like to live in Thailand--the latter part I would love to have seen the author explore in more detail. While reading the book I found myself flashing back to the Michael Douglas film BLACK RAIN. Much of this book, like the film, centers its activity around the doings of the Asian mafia, at times the Japanese jacuzza. It also brings me back to the days I was stationed, first as a Navy Hospital Corpsman, in Okinawa, then nine years later as a federally employed civilian at Camp Zama,Japan twenty miles outside of Tokyo. All in all I think the book IS a good read. The writing, of course, could use some work but a sequel to this book would be inviting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, gangster thriller, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in the space of a few days, a great read and in my opinion very well written.. The plot appealed to me as a regular traveller to Bangkok, with a few names and places I recognised but the story was the main reason I enjoyed the book so much. Well worth downloading, I'm looking forward to seeing a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Areal page turner, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
What a brilliant read, I havent even finished it but came back to amazon to see if the author has written anymore similar. If you like crime novels and Thailand this is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Rock & Roll, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
It didn't disappoint after reading Bangkok Wet, I couldn't wait to get started. I love Mr Royle`s writing style and would almost put him up there with the likes of Stephen Leather. He has the same understanding of all things Thai and the ways of the LOS.
This is a riveting good read, fast-paced with more twists and turns than the Monte Carlo rally. I didn't want it to end and, without wishing to spoil this ripping good yarn for others, sincerely hope that Chance doesn't really meet his maker.

4.0 out of 5 stars cracking romp, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this. It's a complicated story so I did have to back up a few times and re-read but it's a thoroughly good read.

The formatting is a bit funky in parts but only a small niggle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent read, as an expat in Thailand could appreciate the finer details

5.0 out of 5 stars Body recycling, 15 Jan. 2012
Jackson (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Dying was the easy part is right. This chilling, high-octane thriller takes you to parts of Bangkok no tourist should ever go, a world where life is cheap and morality non-existent.

Hungry crocodiles, fast action, and strong characterizations make for a riveting read. The main character, Chance, is an enigma: family-orientated, loyal and loving... and a cold-blooded killer. I'd certainly want him on my side.

If you like lean, mean thrillers in exotic settings, you can't go past Bangkok Burn - A Thriller.

4.0 out of 5 stars free to read, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
downloaded this book because i saw some good reviews turned out to be quite a good read dont know if there are any more by the same author

Bangkok Burn (Bangkok Series Book 1)