5.0 out of 5 stars Great, so long as you get it at a good discount
This unit sounds excellent. Plenty loud to annoy the neighbours, and it doesn't appear to distort at the top end of the volume. It looks fantastic and is farily hefty, it feels solidly built. It's not overly large, and is designed to either sit in its stand or be wall mounted. Ideal.

Published 24 months ago by David

2.0 out of 5 stars Speaker Blowinng - sound not good
Got the item - UK plug missing so had to use one from another appliance....speakers blowing and no proper sound.

Fixed after a few hours, but started blowing again.....

Bad experience and seriously disappointed with the product. Will not buy brand again!
Published on 20 Feb. 2013 by Victoria

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, so long as you get it at a good discount, 31 July 2013
David (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch Gallery G-17 Air AirPlay Black Wireless Speakers for iPod, iPhone & iPad (Accessory)

The Airplay is easy to set up and is similar to all other Airplay devices out there in terms of functionality. It also has other inputs (such as a 3.5mm jack) but to be honest, I haven't used them.

So - what are the cons? Well, it's very expensive. I picked mine up for £109 and I am delighted with it at that price. Anything south of £150 is a bargain - above that you might want to look around, but even then you might not find better. The main 'con' though is that since it's a fairly small unit there's not much stereo separation. It's certainly not as good as the B&W Airplay gear in this respect, but that starts at £400. It would be great if you could get two of these and set one up as the 'left' and one as the 'right' speaker - but this isn't possible. I'd buy another and do this in a heartbeat if it were easily possible.

So, all in all the headline price for this is way over the top - but for £150 or even up to £200 this sounds great and looks fantastic too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker but no UK plug, 17 July 2013
Mr. G. H. Reynolds (London) - See all my reviews
This speaker sounds really great from the top of one of my kitchen cabinets, definitely worth the reduced price but not sure if I would buy it at full price.

The Airplay function works really well and is easy to set up. I actually switch this speaker off at the wall when not in use because it'll go for days or weeks sometimes and not get used and I don't want the power supply being warm all the time when it's not being used for a while. When I do switch it on, it connects (almost) immediately to my wifi network and I can set about streaming my audio without having to press any other buttons on the speaker or on the included remote. Brilliant!

If you want to use the aux in or USB in on the back of the speaker you have to navigate through the inputs in order to use them. It doesn't remember which one you last used once you turn it on (even if it hasn't been turned off at the wall). It always defaults back to the first option which is Airplay.

There is no UK plug - or at least there wasn't for me. I had read the other reviews about this and looked under all pieces of polystyrene but there was no UK plug, only a European one. I looked very thoroughly through the box and I'm sure there isn't one so I nicked one from elsewhere. Not a big deal for me but worth mentioning.

It gives a full sound. I listen to a lot of podcasts and streaming radio as well as all kinds of music and it's a pretty solid sounding speaker. Perfect for the kitchen anyway. It probably can't replace anybody's fully kitted out hi-fi but it still gives great, room-filling sound.

All in all, great sound and a bargain to get a good Airplay speaker for £200. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sounding Speakers I have ever heard, 16 Jan. 2013
I purchased these speakers as I was fed up with having to go to my dock to play and pause my music. Airplay is a brilliant feature that works very well. These speakers are a must have for any audiophile!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great airplay speaker, made my spotify subscription worth every penny., 25 May 2013
Nikopalidis "Nikooooos" (London,The Center Of The World!) - See all my reviews
I've given this airplay speaker five stars as its perfect for me. I have this set up in our bedroom and I love the crisp sound it produces. It works well with every type of music, but it has trouble with really low dirty bass, but I didn't want that from my airplay speaker. I'd probably have bought the Bowes A5 if I'd wanted that. I was thinking about cancelling my spotify subscription as I never used it but now it's never off!! They work really well together on the ipad3 and the speaker was really easy to set up. It's now connected to my laptop, iPhone and an old touch. Works seamlessly on all. I saw on other reviews problems with plugs, but I had everything in the box and was playing music with in 10 mins of it out the box, I particularly liked the white gloves that came with it to stop greasy finger prints setting it up. Nice touch. If you do use spotify you will have to open iTunes select speaker and play a track then,hop onto spotify. Not a big deal when you get used to doing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch G-17 Air, 11 Aug. 2013
Excellent speakers. Remote, airplay is beautiful. Sounds are amazing for its size, and the fact that its wireless. Easy to set up, and amazing for the price. does have a variety of international plugs. wold recommend it for the kitchen, bedroom, study

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound- weak support from Klipsch, 1 Aug. 2014
good sound- which is probably the no. 1 priority. I find the setup information to be a bit sparse- I would prefer a better set of controls of the wifi settings. The option to update the firmware is also confusing- there is no simple "update" button. You would need to know what you are doing to navigate the confusing Klipsch support site. I therefore have no idea if the software can or should be updated on this.

But overall good sound once setup and running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch AirPlay spraker, 13 Dec. 2012
Superb, stylish, great sound easy to use/setup. Has an option of wall mount or table mount. Great remote control, all round quality as expected of something in this price bracket. There are cheaper available but not with the same sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 April 2015
just what I required, excellent sound, classical /Rock / blues etc . Easily set up , works with I radio app(BBC ) + my iPod touch , over 160 gig of music to listen to
Great sound balanced without over powering bass brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 April 2014
Amazing sound quality coming from this machine. Makes a lot of justice to your music. It is not very powerfull and will not be suitable for a party in a large room full of people, but for everyday listening it is hard to beat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speaker for its reduced price, 6 July 2013
I bought a pair of X10i headphones having had a pair of S4i and S4i sports headphones. The headphones are excellent and sound quality a good balance between bass and clear mid ranges. The headphones whilst excellent in the sound department were significantly let down by flimsy build quality (x10i sent back after cable came away from the headphone jack 2 weeks in). This meant I was a little concerned about buying the Klipsch AirPlay speaker. I thought the sound would be great but quality lacking. Turns out I was wrong.

Quality
The quality of the speaker is excellent. High grade materials have been used. It's reassuringly heavy and all plastic components feel like they have been well moulded. The quality of materials also adds to the look of the speaker.

Lack of UK Plug
As with one of the other reviewers I thought this was missing too. Which annoyed me no end. Turns out it was under the polystyrene at the bottom of the box. Daft place to put it, but I am certain they all have the cable. Just look harder.

Sound quality.
It's ok. Well worth the £199 price tag and beats most other speakers at this price point hands down. However, at full list price this review would be 2 stars on the basis the mids are reasonable but not overly crisp and at low volume the bass takes over a bit. Compare this to a Zepplin Air at the £500 mark and you'd be exceptionally annoyed at the quality differential. The B&W speaker is light years ahead and a much, much better speaker. But, as i paid £300 less, they can't really be compared in this review. Just be warned, you're not getting that level of quality in this speaker.

Connectivity
Good. Haven't had drop outs. Use an AirPort Extreme and all AirPlay devices and Apple products seem to stay connected well. Some issues with cheaper speakers, but so far so good. I am fairly convinced the drop outs in signal are attributable to the routers in most instances for AirPlay devices. I had issues with the old Sky router, but those vanished when I connected the Extreme.

Hopefully as the speaker wears in the sound quality will improve. Still, I think it was a good investment at the price paid on Amazon