4.0 out of 5 stars BT Video Monitor
Published on 16 July 2012 by D. Pass

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful but unreliabale!
I bought this monitor on 30th of Novermber 2012 and it has been mucking up already for the past week or two! The mic will cut out and then come back on. The picture will glitch and then all of a sudden it looks like its on fast forward whilst it catches up with what my child has been doing whilst it glitched. The picture also cuts out looking alot like the old fashioned...
Published on 1 Jan. 2013 by Miss Jasmine Jarvie

4.0 out of 5 stars BT Video Monitor, 16 July 2012
D. Pass (Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well made product the main unit for the bedroom has a good weight to it so would be stable on a shelf or cabinet, there is a bracket that can be fixed to a wall and underneath the unit is a hole to fit to a tripod which would be easier than a hole in the bedroom wall.The video unit has a antenna on the top with a range of 300m (who would go that far away from baby)
a screen size of 2.8 inches is ample to see baby in his cot/bed.

There is infa red (black & white) for night time use and you get colour for daytime. The battery in the video unit is rechargeable just plug into the mains, the camera can be used with a wire plugged to mains or with 4 AA batteries (not supplied) but the unit will not charge them. The batteries do not last more than 2 nights so plugging to the mains is the best option.
There are 5 lullabies to sooth baby but you have to switch these on at the camera unit so make sure they are on before you leave the room.
This product is a step up from the sound only baby devices and being able to see and hear your baby is much more reassuring.
Well done BT

4.0 out of 5 stars love camera monitors!, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000 (Baby Product)
I really like this except last summer when my husband stood on the parent unit charger he broke it, sadly there was no way to get a replacement - we therefore had to buy the whole set again! (ouch!)
Anyway this week the parent unit charger broke again, this is poor as we just leave the plug in 1 place but I am delighted to say you can now buy replacements (from this number 0844 55 77789 - don't bother with BT customer care its poor) so I'm a fan again. Having just read some reviews on 2nd cameras I might be letting our 1st child go without a camera when next baby arrived though - what a shame it isn't a great design for dual use....
In general - the picture quality is great, sound is excellent, camera hangs nicely on wall above cot so no risk of wire getting tangled in him, I cannot imagine having a monitor without a camera, i LOVE seeing when he cries if its just a russle or if there's genuinely a problem - sometimes by going in you wake them. Also in a morning you can see if you have time for a quick shower or if you better get in there quick! The battery life on the parent unit is good, lasts for 2 daytime naps and all night until you go to bed when we plug into charge. Its also easily to pack up and take away for the night, looks cute too, we can take outside when gardening and it keeps signal if close-ish to house - certainly doesn't have 100M's range as suggested, unless you live in a house with no walls!
good luck with your choice I hope this review helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 5 Sept. 2012
C M Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this product for it to be used as a CCTV type camera for the use in the house. Having set it up and used the product, I think it is a brilliantly simple to use and great quality baby monitor and CCTV type of camera.

We have been having problems with the front door bell chiming when there is nobody there. I have wanted to buy a CCTV type of system to "watch" the front door for a while, but have always been put off by the cost and complexity of CCTV systems. It never occurred to me to use a baby monitor for the job, until I saw one on the Vine list. All I needed was a simple camera to watch the door and be activated by someone approaching. In essence this camera system does just that. Having positioned the camera unit, which can be plugged in or battery operated, we found the picture that was sent to hand held unit, to be very good. The motion sensor in the camera can pick up those approaching the door and we can now see if there is someone there when the door bell rings.

I did try the lullaby function, which can only be turned on at the camera itself and it worked and sounded very soothing. The reception from camera to TV unit is super and very clear. There is also a thermometer alarm system that firstly monitors the room temperature, then sounds an alarm on the TV unit if it falls below the temperature you pre set. This monitors the room temperature, which should ensure the baby is not cold and so helps to prevent the baby waking up. The set up menu is very simple and intuitive, but it also comes with a comprehensive instruction book. BT have thought of everything you would need in a baby monitor and put it into this product. My only gripe would be in the fact you have to stand at the camera to switch on the music, rather than operate it from the control TV unit. You can easily disturb a baby by entering and exiting the room to switch on the music. For this product to be perfect, switching on the music from the base unit would be needed.

Overall I think this is a brilliant product and I highly recommend it for use as a baby monitor or simple CCTV system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a baby monitor but versatile, multi-purpose CCTV!!, 27 Sept. 2012
K Wren "K Wren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is a really good monitor with far more uses other than being purely a well-designed and functional baby monitor!

I confess, I didn't order this as a baby monitor but as a versatile and multi-purpose CCTV unit for use around the home and garden, and it's exceeded my expectations. It has been in use for the last month, day and night and always performed well.

I'm actually using it for two purposes: for home security and am pleased to say the camera is superb and gives a clear colour image monitoring visitors to our property as they enter our driveway. I'm also using it for monitoring our pet rabbits in the garden during the daytime and overnight wildlife. The camera (obviously!) isn't weatherproof so is positioned in the house but focused on the garden and monitored from several rooms away. I accept this isn't what it's designed and marketed for but it's perfect both for day or night use and I've found the monitor and camera unit work perfectly 60' apart transmitting through two brick walls and the monitor also worked eight houses away from home.

It is very easy to set up with simple intuitive menu screens, a talk facility to speak to your baby (or pets/visitors etc depending on how it's used!) and lullabies to play on the camera unit. I could see this being inconvenient for a parent with baby as they would need to go into the baby's room to switch it on/off and risk waking the baby! On the parent unit, if the volume isn't set correctly then it can produce a `clicking' noise but this is common to all CCTV/monitor units I've used and requires only slight adjustment. The volume can also be switched off or set to activate by noise, such as a baby crying. Unfortunately, the camera unit can't be tilted to adjust its angle but it does have a tripod socket on the base so can be used with a small tripod such as Hama 4024 Mini Tripod (1xTripod) or, better still, a small Joby Gorillapod Original which will enable it to be fixed at any angle - upright or diagonal to obtain the perfect view. Further, a zoom feature enables the image to be enlarged for closer inspection.

The particular strengths of the units are:

* It's sturdy and well-made
* Very clear colour monitor screen
* Night-vision works well at night to produce a clear mono image
* Sound is clear with good volume and this is fully adjustable, sound-triggered or can be switched off
* No interference from my wifi router (not a BT model), home network or mobile phones
* Up to 4 cameras can be added (my second is already on order)
* Tripod socket to allow precise positioning
* Zoom feature to enlarge the picture
* Best of all (for me), both units can be run from either batteries (lithium ion supplied for monitor, standard AA batteries can be used in the camera unit) or mains and leads are supplied for each.

I have been looking for a good CCTV unit for several years to replace a very old CRT mono system and this is the perfect replacement, a much better design and is considerably cheaper than other domestic CCTV systems where recording isn't required.

I have no gripes at all with this monitor system. In fact, I'm so impressed that I've added a second camera and will soon be ordering a third. Well done BT!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great monitor. I have noticed some reviewers saying that ..., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000 (Baby Product)
This is a great monitor. I have noticed some reviewers saying that they have a faulty monitor as the screen stays on constantly rather than being sound activated. It's not very clear in the instructions but you have to set the screen to be sound activated, then switch the screen off using the view button. That will allow it to switch the screen on if there is sound detected but then shut off again after 30 seconds of quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect way to monitor your baby with some really useful features., 23 Mar. 2015
Jason Gaston "Uncle Jay" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Been using this product for a whole 12 months now and still going strong. The camera is installed on the wall bracket supplied and is easy adjusted to the desired angle and the camera itself can tilt forward to almost a right angle so if you position this on the wall above the cot you can get the right view even in the tightest of corners. The Camera unit also has a speaker as well a a microphone which pairs up with the parent unit very well. This is good for 2 reasons. Reason 1 if you adjusting the camera whilst the parent unit is downstairs your other half can talk to you by pressing the talk button to direct you. Reason 2 (this is more for later down the line) when its bed time and baby is standing up etc in the cot you can press talk and Sssshhhh the baby or ask baby to lie down etc. The parent unit has a decent sized colour screen although more often than not the room is in darkeness so the infared lights kick in then giving your baby the slightly spooky look if they make eye contact with the camera. Battery last quite well and we have never had a problem with the range ( we live in a 3 bedroom new build house) the music that plays on the baby unit is generic lullaby music that repeats quite a few times before it goes off, my one gripe with this is you cannot activate the music from the parent unit which is a little bit of an inconvenience as it means you have to go into the room and further disturb baby. The parent unit handily displays the room temperature which is as hand in summer as it is in winter for monitoring babies temperature. Parent unit has a volume selection and and the microphone on the baby unit is noise activated so once the room falls into silence the microphone disables until there is a noise in the room (sometimes activated by people using the bathroom down the hall) All in all this has been an absolute godsend and I would recommend this unit to anyone, still going strong after 12 months of daily/nightly use

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device for peace of mind, but with reservations, 20 Sept. 2012
Del 58 "Del 58" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, this is a good monitor, with great sound and picture quality - during daylight hours at least. It's just the ticket for keeping an eye on baby in the cot during the day, although at night the lux rating of the camera isn't terribly efficient, and you can only just make out images if the room is dark. BT claim the monitor has a range of up to 300m, and that may be true in the open air with no obstacles. However, brick walls cut down reception drastically, and the best I could manage outside the house was 25 metres. Still, that is acceptable in most circumstances. Both the camera and the monitor are small, neat, quality build units, but I would like to have seen a wider angled lens on the camera, or the ability to zoom in and out remotely. Two way audio communication is a bonus, as are the pre-installed nursery rhymes. To be honest this monitor is aimed at parents with young babies only, and for focusing on a small area like a cot. It's a pity, because a zoom facility would have made this product more suitable for keeping an eye on baby as he/she grows up too. Still, for the price it is the best I have seen and tested, and if you want the additional functions you are going to pay a lot more. You can of course add extra cameras, but that increases the price considerably. I'm rating this 4 stars, although 3.5 would have been more appropriate. It does pretty much what it says on the box, but the night time picture quality lets it down, and after all that is the period of the day most parents when most parents will be concerned for baby's well being. It is, however, certainly worth paying the extra over the cost of an audio only unit for that additional piece of mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good baby monitor, 19 Sept. 2012
Ferris "Ferris" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our children are now 6 and 8 so a bit too old for a baby monitor but we needed this for more surveillance purposes. We have been in our new town house for nearly 5 months now but only recently our two children have realised that we can't hear them on the bottom floor and bedtime has turned into another play time. To get back to a good bedtime routine I wanted a monitor that would work well over a long range and have a talk back feature so we could deliver a stern 'GET BACK TO BED'.

Upon receiving this baby monitor I was impressed with the simple and small packaging which housed not only the camera, screen and power supplies but also a mounting bracket and mounting screws. The monitor feels really nice to the touch its intuitive to use and obviously of good quality. In contrast the camera is very large and quite plasticy, I would imagine it could easily crack or break if dropped or knocked down by a child (really not sure why it would need to be so big?)

In use setup on the top landing it is ideal to hear and see what is going on, it serves well as a deterrent so the children know that we can see and hear what they up to and bedtime routines have started to go back to some normality. Wanting to test this product to its limits we went round to a neighbour's house with the screen, unfortunately the signal kept dropping out, that's when I read that the signal only supports 300m's outdoors and 50 m's indoors.

All in all a good product but no leaps and bounds have been made since we had baby monitors when our two were little.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent video baby monitor, 18 Sept. 2012
Steven Brown (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this as we have a second child on the way, and will be using our Angelcare AC401 Baby Movement Sensor Pad and Sound Monitor, for the new arrival.

With the younger ones, the movement alarm seems a lot more important and useful than video, and for the older brother, movement sensors are a waste of time, as he throws himself all over the cot. Far more useful to see when he's standing up, trying to walk about.

This monitor is really easy to setup and use. Literally just plugging both bits in and turning them on, and I had a video picture of the cot. The parent unit is a fair size, but nice because it has a decent screen. Main thing I missed from the parent unit was a wee belt clip, as it's very useful to be able to carry it round that way.

You can set the screen only to activate on sound, so you don't have to have it on all night by your bedside. Sensitivity is adjustable too.
There is an intercom button so you can talk to your child as well - though don't really use this as much as I thought I would, as suspect it would just freak my son out, to hear my disembodied voice talking.

Reason I'm not giving 5 stars is the video quality could definitely be better. You can't really see much detail - often difficult to tell if eyes are open or shut, so you can only really pick up movement reliably. there is a zoom in function, but this degrades the quality to be almost useless.

In summary - good monitor, easy to use, could just be a bit better.

5.0 out of 5 stars BT is BesT at Bed Time, 18 Sept. 2012
Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
BT are a big name in the world of baby monitors, and this unit shows why: it is well built, easy to set up, nicely designed and sensibly priced.

We had the camera and parent unit plugged in and talking to each other within minutes, with the help of a refreshingly straightforward and well illustrated user guide.

Both the camera and the parent unit are solidly put together, and are simply but smartly decked out in white with touches of purple. The main features are easy to access on the parent unit through a clear menu system, and the 2.8" colour screen makes for a unit that is just the right size to hold in your hand or place discreetly in your living room. The picture adjusts automatically to night mode and, once you have experimented with the best position for the camera and optimum angle (best done long before baby is ready for bed!), gives a clear picture. I was particularly impressed with the range of the device, which happily navigates its way around various corners and walls with no loss of signal as you walk about with parent unit. Should you need them, four additional cameras can be added to the same setup with no fuss.

Other useful and easily adjusted features are the ability to vary the sensitivity levels of noise coming from the baby unit, and to set alerts for minimum and maximum room temperature.

One word of warning: the battery life on both and parent and baby units is not great, and so it is best to plug both into the mains most of the time. However, the user guide does warn you about battery life and sets expectations for active use and in standby mode.

In summary, I am happy to give this monitor a high recommendation. It has a deservedly high reputation and, for the price point, offers a good mix of easily accessed features, smart design and solid build quality.

BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000