on 16 August 2014
I'm not a music 'buff'. Bought these to attach to my non ipod music player to listen to in the lounge. Ok they don't belt out sound like a full system would, nor do they cost as much! For me the sound level is good enough for my needs - better to up the volume on the player than on the speakers. There isn't an on off switch so they do need unplugging when not in use. There is what I find an irritating light when powered up. I've covered it with electrcians tape - problem solved! Visually I think they are very stylish (and I'm not a treckie) with a good piano black finish (some may call it shiny black plastic, I guess its down to personal taste). For the pricethey are worth considering, and I would buy more if I needed them for other rooms.
on 15 August 2014
Very nicely formed speakers, and the price is amazing, however I do have a few faults. The speaker cones inside the casing were not up to scratch, my right speaker had an obvious bit of clue that had dripped down the cone before drying, along with a black line which I can't get rid of because of the glue. Furthermore, the left speaker cone has a slightly dented bubble on the cone.

Something which is misleading is that the photo shows a golden coloured speaker cone, as it does on the box. In actuality, the speaker cones are just a plain grey/silver and look a lot less premium than I thought they'd be.

However, as a fair reviewer, I think that the sound quality is amazing for the price, and the use of USB is very thoughtful. There is a bass dial for independent adjustment. However, as these are powered by USB, they may be a little underwhelming in larger rooms. I've paired these with a Vibe subwoofer as mids/highs and they perform outstandlingly together. But they would also be perfect as standard desktop speakers just for regular use. (I will be using these for audio/video editing and mixing). Much better than buying a £70 dual speaker monitor setup, but the images were misleading.
on 4 January 2014
They do an excellent job in my son's room, look quite cool, sound good enough, and can be switched off easily!
on 5 December 2013
At £10 the speakers are decent value for money if you want basic speakers and by using USB power do not require a separate power feed. However, I wasn't sure from the spec details if these speakers were 5W total or 5W/speaker.. having used them I think they are 5W total (2 x2.5W) so not very loud.
on 24 July 2013
For the price, you can't go wrong with these. The sound they produce for just two small (and cheap!) speakers is amazing! Great clarity and a warm bass, with adjustments to it on the rear of the speakers. Don't get me wrong it's not gonna be earthshaking, but for what I paid I never expected them to be this good, plus fairly portable to take anywhere! I do have some Klipsch ipod speakers so am aware of quality, but these simply can't be beaten for the price. Highly recommend.
on 15 July 2014
Brought these for a new PC that has no sound and will be used for watching video tutorials. The sound quality is very good for the price - much better than the laptop speakers the new machine replaced and more than good enough for watching iplayer or listening to some music. They look great and appear to be high quality design compared to others in this price band. The only annoyance is that there is no off switch as they assume turning the computer off turns off the USB power - but the new machine has charging USB ports so they speakers stay always on.
on 16 August 2014
Great little speakers, seem to handle full volume without any distortion. The bass won't blow you away, and I really couldn't live with these on my main desktop PC, but given the size and price I'm more than happy with the audio quality. Coupled with a usb battery pack (tested with smart port on an Anker 2nd Gen Astro3) these work great as portable speakers as well, bonus :).

Update: Out of curiosity I hooked these up to my phone with an OTG cable and it powered them fine, bit nicer than having to use a battery pack.
on 22 October 2013
For the price I wasn't expecting much, but I had such a strict set of requirments (USB power, 3.5mm line in, analog volume control on unit, headphone socket on unit) that this was one of the few options. Can't say I'm wild about the styling, but they do everything I want of them, they are very well built and the sound, the important part, is surprisingly acceptable. They'll not replace a 2.1 set of anything, but perfectly listenable, for Games at least.
on 11 March 2013
I bought these speakers to use with my laptop while I'm here in UK. I use them for listening to music, watching movies etc. I also use them when having a little party etc. For all these purpose, they fulfill the need 100%.

The speakers are quite small, but the sound is impressive taken into acount the size and prize.

I would definitely recommend them.
on 21 October 2012
These little fellas are perfect for the teenagers computer desk. He thinks they look very cool by his monitor and they give plenty of sound for his bedroom. I think they're cool because they don't have enough beef to be annoying to the other humans who live in the house. Groovy design, great packaging and delivered quickly.

See one answered question