5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, works great
This is a really nice bit of kit. I originally bought it to take on an archaeological dig over 4 weeks back in the summer, where I would have no access to mains plugs but needed to charge my phone, tablet, laptop and large bluetooth audio system. In addition, I purchased a 28w portable solar charger to go with it.

Because of the number of attachments and...
Published 7 months ago by james thatcher

1.0 out of 5 stars USELSS WARRANTY !!!
Changing my review as after 7 months or so this item stopped working, hardly being used.

I contacted Anker who told me they do not make this item anymore and offered me a 20% refund on the item, what a joke, you are meant to have a one year warranty, at least make the item for one year after you stopped selling it, just a few to cover returns.
Published on 18 Mar. 2013 by ZC21

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, works great, 14 Oct. 2014
james thatcher (Lewes, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Because of the number of attachments and voltages available it easily managed to keep everything charged. Back in the real world, I use it as the power supply for my laptop, saving me having to carry the additional cables (it continues to keep the battery pack fully charged whilst running the laptop).

It's a really solid object with rubber feet on the back to stop it slipping. Some reviewers have commented on the weight but larger batteries do weigh a lot, so it's to be expected. As it can replace a laptop charger, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

At full capacity, it will charge a smartphone several times; a tablet a couple of times and fully charge a laptop once. That is pretty impressive.

In addition, I appreciate Anker's proactively contacting me to check everything was ok and if they could offer any assistance - nice touch. I told them I felt the packaging could be a little more substantial, but otherwise all good.

Handy note: if you are using it with solar, you need to make sure the cable is first connected to the item you want charging before connecting to this unit. There's obviously some clever thing to prevent surges which will cause the battery to stop working until it is being charged again - obviously frustrating after the sun has set. This is not a problem with mains charging.

1.0 out of 5 stars USELSS WARRANTY !!!, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Anker® Astro3 10000mAh Multi-voltage 5V / 9V / 12V 2A External Battery Pack ( Dual USB Output plus DC output ) for Samsung Tablets (Samsung 30-pin adapter not included), Netbook, Digital Cameras, DV Recorders, PS Vita, Nexus 7, NDS, NDSL, GoPro; iPad mini, iPhone 5, (Lightning Cable not Provided) / all iPads and iPhones; Samsung Galaxy S3; HTC Sensation, One X V S, Desire C S; Nokia Lumia 920 - [12 connectors for mobile phones, 6 connectors for tablets, UK AC adapter included for a fast charge] (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a beast. Enough said., 1 Jan. 2015
Never looked back.

I purchased it and the led's rating the power were faulty, contacted the seller and got a swift replacement. I take this thing everywhere. My college bag is always packed so leaving this thing in there isn't usually a big deal. It powers my phone, I don't really use it for my laptop as i'd need a magsafe adapter.
I take this camping, or just use it around campus. My friends always need to charge their phones and I needn't worry about running out of charge.
I never worry about charging my phone at night, sometimes I awake to single digit battery percentage, but just throw it in my bag and it'll be fully charged by the end of first period.

I love this thing, and when it dies, i'll certainly be replacing it. Probably by then i'll be out of college and may need to downsize. I love the capacity though. I probably use it a couple of three to four a week and charge it fortnightly, and sometimes leave it longer than that.
My phone has a huge 3000mAh battery and my friends all have iPhones or Galaxy devices all with battery capacities over 2000mAh.
I'm sure you'd be able to get away with a battery pack thats much smaller, but in my recommendation, if you've got a big bag, you won't notice it, and you won't regret this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Anker, I expected a better product, but the customer service more than makes up for any issues!, 11 Mar. 2015
I've had a few Anker products in the past, and i'm happy to say that they are still running strong and providing the excellent back-up battery capabilities they were meant to do. However, once again (I ordered another version of this previous) I am having problems with this charger. I purchased one from another trader on Amazon and was disappointed that it did not work so sent it back. I questioned myself as to why I had not purchased the Anker product in the first place, and so did so on sending the other back. I've received the Anker version today. Much better boxed, with enough accessories to do what is expected of the charger. However, once again, the connection on the DC output is not stable enough and is causing my device to have power outages when the battery is moved (even slightly) and so i'm in the same boat as before. This time i'm just going to "grin n' bear" it because I really need this battery to do what I do at work. So i'll use tape and make it look a right eye-sore! It will work but not quite as well as i'd hoped. I expect that if I was using the USB output (5v) then I wouldn't have issues, it's just that I need to use the DC output for a 12v device.

Extra note:
On using the device today (day after receiving it) i've found that one of the connections that is supplied is broken and that the black plastic moulding around the DC adaptor end is cracked and unusable. Another let down from a company I put a lot of faith in for quality merchandise. I may return it after all.......

After Sales Review:
Anker have dealt with this matter extremely well and as such I will have no hesitation in using or recommending them. It is quite acceptable for a product to have issues (after all, not everything can be perfect) but it's the way these problems are dealt with that make a difference. Anker get 5 stars for their customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its price, an excellent choice., 22 April 2015
This product may seem somewhat expensive at onset, but what you get is pretty neat value for your money.

The metal case is very solid, and not creaky at all. The device was supplied with a large set of adapters that I would assume would fit most common devices you can think of, which is definitely a plus.

The DC output is also functional, and can supply enough current to support even some more power-intensive devices (I myself used it to support an air blower for cosplay, and it worked spot-on for that purpose). Of course, it also has worked very well as a cell phone backup power source for those long days when you use your cell phone intensively all day. I've never ran into capability issues either, as it apparently has enough to run for quite a bit.

If you can live with its large size, you'll get an useful device that will surely serve your purposes. Would definitely recommend to anybody asking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds plenty of power for camping trips and working away ..., 4 Sept. 2014
Holds plenty of power for camping trips and working away, Sort of wish I'd bought the latest version with 2 USB outlets. Only strange thing about it is when you are charging it from the mains the metal case becomes slightly charged and gives you an unpleasant tingly sensation when you touch it (ooerrrr)

5.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Use To Power My CPAP, 8 Mar. 2015
Prior to purchase i was in extensive communication with the manufacturer about the performance of this battery as I wanted to use it to power a medical device (GoodKnight 420G CPAP) of mine on a long haul flight for the UK to New Zealand. CPAP batteries from medical suppliers in the UK are very difficult to find so I went out on a limb and bought this one from Anker.

I tried it several times at home prior to travel to see how it performed. With my GoodKnight 420G it latest through the night (7+ hours) which showed that it would be fine for my needs. Interestingly I also tried it with another CPAP machine I have (System One REMstar Auto CPAP System by Philips Respironics) but the battery would only power this CPAP for 3-4 hours before draining flat. The GoodKnight says it draws 20W whereas the System One says 65W so that probably explains the difference in performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful battery, provides several hours additional use to my laptop, 22 Mar. 2015
Contacted Anker support to ask if this would supply power to my ~2010 rebranded Clevo laptop. After providing details, they confirmed that it would. My laptop has a power supply that provides 19V 3.42A and this battery is able to supply the laptop for up to several hours of usage. A large range of power connector tips are provided.

The battery is relatively lightweight, considering how much power it provides, and the brushed metal case looks great. The LED indicators are useful. It takes several hours to recharge the battery with the provided charger. If you have the right connector, you can also charge the battery with an alternative 19V charger. My laptop charger, for example (19V 3.42A) is also able to charge the battery as it has a compatible tip.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will recommend to friends, 29 Dec. 2014
Product performs well. I have used it to charge my laptop, sat nav and camera. The power pack was able to charge all three wilth 80% power left. Power pack charges fast enough. A bit bulky to carry around but it fullfils all my needs in terms of emergency back up... so I am not complaining. Lots of accessories came with the power pack, there is one for every possible gadget, phone sat nav camera, I will recommend to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's been good so far and comes with the correct connector in ..., 23 Feb. 2015
Using to power my Bmpc, Blackmagic Cinema Camera 4k. It's been good so far and comes with the correct connector in the box. Powers the camera for a more than a whole day. One issue I noticed is that I think it stopped charging the camera at one point and I had to unplug and re-plug the cable at the battery end. Not sure what happened there but it doesn't seem to have happened again in the short time I've been using it.