4.0 out of 5 stars Seeing there has been no review submited yet..., 30 Jun. 2005
By A Customer
I found this book browsing amazon.com, feel for the title and the cover and gave it a go. I was very satisfied with the book, I read it within a day, it pulled me right in from the start. Second third of the book was a bit of a cooldown but I enjoyed it nevertheless as it all comes together just great in the end.
This is a "alone against an army" kind of book. Emil Khadaji, ex solider of the Confederation army one day has a revelation while gunning down hords of innocent people. At that moment he deserts his post and runs to a city nearby where he meats a sort of priest that educates him into a bar tender and teaches Khadaji a kind of passive martial art based on feet momvent. Khadaji, bothered by the injustice he was witness to, decides to systematically bring down the Confederation. He aquires education in various fields and numerous skills and then decides to put his plan to work. A plan which he has been working on for years to perfect.
I will stop with the synopsis here as i dont want to make a spoiler. I would very much recommend this book, even if it is not a masterpiece. It is a great book about a very capable man (mentally and phisically) that fights for a greater cause against the militaristic authority.
The book uses quite a lot of profanity which emphasises some things really well. There's action (from hand to hand combat to shootouts and stealth aswell), there's sex, there's philosophy and there's even some humor aswell.
I found it a good and inspiring read. I give it a 4 for its shortness and because it takes quite a specific reader's taste to appritiate it. Overall consider it a 5 if u like this type of stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, poor proof reading for Kindle version, 10 Oct. 2012
D. Feeney "Whirly" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Man Who Never Missed (The Matadors Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a fantastic book - and has been one of my favourites since I read the paper copy. Its a well paced easy read, with some great characters and a fantastic twist at the end.

Unfortunately the Kindle version needs serious proof reading. I spotted lots of errors which really should have been picked up and having checked several of these against my paper copy they are errors introduced in the move to digital. As an example the bar called the 'Jade Flower' became the 'Jade Rower' during the transfer - an obvious OCR error.

The book itself 5/5, but the kindle transfer pulls it down to a 4/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 6 Aug. 2014
Great book, now available as ebook.

Only spoiled by lots of typos.