on 29 December 2012
Mateo Esposito is a hired assassin for the US Government and has never denied or hidden his sexuality. Riley Flynn is CEO of Flynn Electronics and isn't as forthcoming with his sexuality. Mateo receives his new orders and heads out towards his next target. His next target? Take out Riley Flynn. He can't for the life of him figure out why. Riley is so clean, he squeaks. Something just doesn't add up to Mateo. When Riley becomes the target for a hit man, Mateo has the job of protecting him. So begins the start of a beautiful relationship.

This book kind of snuck up on me. I was pretty sceptical about reading it. It was recommended to me by Amazon because of my past purchases. By the end of the first page I couldn't stop reading. The emotional connection between Mateo and Riley is a rollercoaster of ups and downs. You, the reader, are taken on that rollercoaster of emotion with them. You will laugh out loud, you will cry, you will smile, you will sit there with your mouth hanging open and you will fall in love with a purple stuffed toy hippo. I kid you not.

Throughout the book we are introduced to other characters that have their own stories to tell. If, like me, you read A Marked Man and loved it, you will definitely buy the other books in the collection as well. You don't necessarily need to buy each book to be able to follow the characters. You can just buy the books that interest you. However once you have read this book, you will be hungry for more and will actually be curious as to what will happen next.

I finished the book within a couple of hours and then went on to download more from the author. Needless to say I am a HUGE fan and I cannot wait for the next instalment of this collection to come out. I love Sandrine's work. It just gets better and better with each book. I'm curious to see if that purple hippo will pop up again ...
on 2 January 2015
Yet again this is a new author for me, but I can truly say it was a great discovery and I absolutely loved this book. It had a well thought out plot and I love to see big bad alpha males brought to their knees by lady love. Mat is gay and ex army and now works as an assassin for the special forces . And is hired to kill Riley the owner and CEO of a large company making electronic chips for the government. When Mat is in place to take the shot, he questions why, as his research showed absolutely no reason why he should be taken out, when someone starts taking shots at him and Riley. Mat ends up rescuing Riley and trying to keep him safe while finding out who wants him dead. Mat finds he is drawn to him unlike any other man he's known. I loved this book it had love, intrigue and humour too, read and enjoy.
on 25 September 2014
This is the first of the Assassin/Shifter series, even though there is no shifters, yet!

Mateo is a military trained assassin, him and his team now work for the government, they liken themselves to the a team but with government instead. Mateo is sent to kill Riley but saves him instead. I fell in love with both of them, Riley is just adorable! But they are good for each other. At one point my heart goes out to both of them, near the end,

Sandrine has captured my attention with this series, she is a very talented writer. Will be reading more from her.
on 11 January 2014
This series was recommended to me by GGR- Review a while ago. As there was around Twenty books in the series I downloaded the first Five and they have sat on my Kindle for a while..Huge mistake!
A Marked Man was a fast paced read, full of action that kept my attention throughout. The characters are interesting, complicated and totally awesome. The storyline kept me in suspense with my emotions running so high I read the book in one sitting!
This is a m/m read with so much going on its refreshing not to just focus on the relationship, which is such a nice change.
This book was so much more than I expected, I am going to start the second book straight away!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
on 13 June 2012
this is book 1 in the series and well worth reading. I started on sunday with this one and had to read all 6 published so far. i finished by wednesday lunchtime (having just about fit in normal life activities in between). This story is the introduction to the team of assassins that the series revolves around. As you can imagine there is plenty of action with assassins involved. This story is about Mateo being sent to terminate Riley, only to start thinking something is not right and discover that their assassin group has been set up. The characters in this series are very well written and as each book follows you learn more about each individual. No shifters appear in this book but they soon appear and books 3-6 have a strong shifter focus. Start reading this one but be prepared to want them all. To get the best out of the series you definitely need to read in order as the characters re-appear in following stories.
on 5 September 2013
When l brought this book l wasn't quite sure what to expect.
This was my first m/m book. It was the title and the synopsis that drew me to read it.
I love the idea of shifters and assassin's that take out the dregs of society, it is my type of book. Made better with the lure of gorgeous sexy men Yummyum. Brilliant work.
I am now hooked on m/m books, but only the ones with good storylines.
on 30 August 2012
Mateo and Riley are the best couple and have the best chemistry in the entire series ....l loved Riley's innocence and his vulnerability ...Mateo definetly got him out of his closet...The story has perfect balance between action and romance , everything felt authentic and the ending was perfect .lt is simply worth it and l enjoyed it immensely .

FAB. FAB.
on 24 January 2013
It might not have been the best written story, nor the most believeable but it was one of the most entertaining. Just turn down your IQ a bit and sit back and enjoy this bit of pulp ficition for a few hours and escape the world.

I've now gone on to buy the next in the series. Give it a go.
on 3 November 2012
Not overly impressed by anything in his book. Expected more because of the high reviews but to be honest I found it to be mediocre at best. There is no sign of any shifters, so I was left wondering why as this seems to be the first of a series with shifter in the title and I also thought that the sex (which ok was quite sexy and hot but soon became repetative and longwinded ) overtook the story and took away the excitement of the assassin falling for his mark and the aftermath caused by it. That part of the story was rushed at every point it was introduced in favour of the ' instalove ' between the two main characters that resulted in the book losing most of its excitement for me. What could have been a dark and gritty story became just another formulaic same sex romance that is being churned out at the moment. Don't get me wrong I love m/m romance and appreciate that the sex and chemistry between its MC's, plays a large part in the enjoyment of this genre, but I have found some great books out there, that as well as being sexy as hell still manage to tell a brilliant story without the love scenes being the main focus. For a really wonderful example of this "assassin/ mark" trope try Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville and see the difference. Overall not the worst book I've read but it hasn't made me want to check out any more in the series yet three people gave it 5*s and absolutely loved it. Go figure! Passable but not my scene.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2015
Wow.
Loved this book. And just realised there is a hell of a lot of books to now get through. Can't wait loved the the first book and the sneak peak at the second has got me on pins. Must go and start it now. Sod the cooking ha