Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 22 November 2011
It took me a while to get into this book - I thought that maybe the English translation wasn't doing it any favours. However, I stuck with it and can say that in the end I really enjoyed it and was sad to finish - it drew me in. If you want high drama and excitement then this book probably isn't for you, but if you like a slow-burning historical novel with fascinating details about places and interesting characters then I would recommend it.
on 1 March 2013
Generally good read; interesting insight into life of someone who is deaf and dumb. Translation a little stilted in parts. ***
on 23 July 2015
It can be rather hard going but gives a detailed picture of life in Sicily in the 18th Century.
on 19 June 2016
Great novel
on 26 September 2014
Not very enthral lying . Too contrived.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2010
My wife purchased this item for her kindle e reader. As always, the download was quick and easy, and this then makes it portable for reading on trains and her flights across europe.
Excellent facility is the Amazon Kindle, something I do not think she could travel without these days.