on 26 May 2013
I agonised over either the Sony OR the Canon HF g10 - so .... I bought both (really) The Sony is by far the better camera. OK - the actual footage from both cameras is brilliant - but the Sony is so well made. The touch screen is responsive and sharp - the canon is sluggish - beleive me it makes a difference in useability. The Sonys optical stabalisation is fantastic - really really good, Quick focus, surprisingly good stills... the list goes on. The Canon beats it for manual mode tho - mush (sorry, meant 'much') easier to use. I gotta say - I am selling my G10 and gonna buy another 730e (yip - I do use 2 cameras) its a blinder - garaunteed fab results!
on 28 January 2013
It is of the best buy in the market. Sony always excel in making camcorders.
Avoid buying GW55 as the video output has to be 'DR removed' before being recorded onto discs.
on 23 October 2014
Excellent quality.
on 13 October 2012
I have tested this wonderfull camcorder in a sony store, I inserted a 16g sd card and works well. The only down side is that if you want to close up the autofous fails, does zoom to a certain distance but not at maximum. On the other sides clear imagine on 55 inch screen on panasonic tv and also on a opoma projecror ar stunning. Image stabiliser also is great basicaly if you look strait to lens you can basicaly see the entire lens as is moving like a giroscope so I must admit is the best stabiliser. I dint tested in lowlight but I am sure that does the job.
on 14 January 2013
As a Paranormal Investigator, I have used a number of cameras going back to the older Sony models.

This camera is an ideal replacement, Infrared is fairly good, but by using an additional Infrared Illuminator, you get great results.

I find this camera ideal for our groups use and would not hesitate in buying another one.

Clear recordings, great stills, easy to use on low light conditions.

Come see some of our results at: [...]

or search for "Spirit Knights Paranormal Investigators" on YouTube
on 19 May 2012
I just bought this camera from sony direct and specifically asked if there were any problems using it with a Mac and was basically lied to! Don't buy it if you have a Mac there is no sony computer software provided. If your on a windows PC you will get a free down load of a package called play memories home but if your on Mac you have to use I-movies to down load your movies, and I-movies doesn't support the high quality 50 p or AVCHD features of the camera. Check out [...] to see for yourself. Will be sending it back.
1818 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question