5.0 out of 5 stars A Thriller with Real Legs
At first glance, 'From the Storm' could be an overblown thriller. A diamond smuggling plot, a hitman with a missing leg, and the mafia casting a dark shadow over the lives of the protagonists. Indeed, these ideas are slickly executed, uniquely employed (ever wondered how a man with a prosthetic leg uses a squat toilet?) and get the blood pumping through the frenetically...
Published on 8 Mar 2012 by D. N. Owen

2.0 out of 5 stars An ok read....
Maybe it deserved 3 stars but I really felt that this story after a fantastic and gripping start....began to go downhill after the halfway point with a disintegrating and bedraggled storyline...I had great trouble finishing...
Published on 14 April 2012 by RT Twinem

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping novel!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
From The Storm is a genuinely gripping novel. Convincing characters, original and imaginative settings and surprising plot twists make this a great page-turner.
A fantastic debut, looking forward to The End of the World Running Club.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
What a good read was delighted with this book, it has everything required for an enthralling unsustainable read.
I just did not want to get to the end and am hoping there will be a sequel. Need to know more about ash and Catharine now and also Joe's second time on the farm. More please from this great author.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth the effort in the end, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
I was recommended this book by my daughter who knew the author in a previous life. It was slow to start with but certainly much better than many books by other better-known writers. Some parts were a bit seedy for me eg.Ashley's exploits in Thailand. I especially enjoyed the descriptions of being trapped by the snow in the mountains. I do find the typos in the kindle versions annoying(why do these happen so often?). However the plot all came to-gether and I would buy more by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but worth sticking with, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I really enjoyed this book. The opening exposition and the multiple character threads took a little too long to be developed. However once the character of Elmo is the centre of focus the story takes off.

5.0 out of 5 stars a revelation, 10 Dec 2013
Mr. R. M. Harris "landwomble" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but having just finished it I want more. This got tauter and more engaging throughout - it's rare a book engages you at such an exponential rate. Loved the internal monologues of the characters and the descriptive prose is vivid and punchy. I really enjoyed this debut novel and I'd highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning fiction, 2 July 2013
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
Terrific adventure, great story. I was gripped from start to end. I am very impressed with the author's careful crafting and great writing. Have paid full price for books nowhere near as good as this. Long to read more by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be an interestimg read, with the various storylines woven together well. The first book I have read by this author and will definitely look out for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 19 May 2013
This review is from: From The Storm (Paperback)
I downloaded the book for 99p and it is worth so much more. I don't get much chance to read with three children and so don't have much patience with books that don't grip me quickly. From the storm got me early on and I couldn't put if down- even during my son's night feeds! Shows how much it had me hooked!
There are a number of story lines, all of them develop well and I had no idea how they would all come together. The storytelling was witty and amusing. Just brilliant. I hope Adrian goes far and will be getting the new book when it arrives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant, 16 May 2013
This review is from: From The Storm (Paperback)
Great book by a clearly talented author... surprised it was only his first release given the maturity of the writing style. Eagerly awaiting the next release.... excellent. Happy to recommend...

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 1 April 2013
This review is from: From The Storm (Kindle Edition)
Unlike many books that focus on multiple characters and locations this one holds and captivates you from the first word. The characters are drawn so richly and with such emotion you are drawn into their world without realising it. Their stories are knitted together with finesse and with such detail and colour, you can't believe this is one of the author's first pieces of work! A stunning, clever, complex and utterly beguiling book. Can't wait to read the next one!

From The Storm