5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver
Published on 24 Jun 2012 by Pamela Leadbeatter

2.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow for larger guys...
I bought this to prevent lower back pain whilst driving. As I'm a big guy (6'5") I found the wings on the edge of the cushion were too narrow and stuck into my back. A few minutes work with a knife made the necessary adjustments - but not ideal
Published 12 months ago by Ian Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Medipaq® '3D' Mesh Orthopedic Memory Foam Lumbar Support Cushion - With Air Circulation - Reduce Back Ache, Improve Posture! BLUE (Personal Care)
I purchased two of these one for my settee and one for the car. The one I am using on the settee has proved invaluable for support and comfort for my prolapsed discs and sciatica and has enabled me to move from lying on the floor to being able to sit on a normal seat. I did not find this useful in the driving seat of the car as too bulky but this is probably due to seat in the car (Peugot) but I have used it successfully when a car passenger. Excellent value for money and highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars No more back pain, 21 July 2013
I drive for a living and was suffering from back pain due to lack of lumber support, but this cushion has solved the problem and I can now do a 12 hour shift and have no back or neck pain at the end of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory Foam Orthopaedic Lumbar Support, 24 Aug 2012
Good little product - does the job it's supposed to do - supporting the lumbar region. Purchased it for my husband for use in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent driver's seat solution for what I needed, 12 May 2014
My Skoda Octavia's lumbar support doesn't seem to be very effective, even when the dealer confirmed that it hadn't broken. As I'm a reasonably fit person, but was getting a sore back after only an hour's drive I tried various solutions (rolled up towel, the "Mesh Lumbar Back Support for Office Chair Car Seat etc") before giving this a try.
I'm very glad to say that after a year of driving with this (journeys up to 4 hours, plus a trip to Southern France and back) this does the job for me.
Some points that you may want to be aware of:
1. Initially (for the first 3 months) it felt very bulky around the sides each time I first sat in the driver's seat, but it contoured itself to my back within 2-4 minutes and was unnoticeable after that.
2. It's now semi-shaped itself to my back so when I now sit in the driver's seat it's now unnoticeable.
3. I haven't bothered using the elastic retaining strap, so it does tip over occasionally when I'm not in the car and sets the car alarm off. I now just flip it forward whenever I get out of the car to avoid this happening.
I'd strongly recommend considering this if you are looking for something for your car; but it may take a couple of months for it to "bed in".

5.0 out of 5 stars cushion review, 6 Dec 2012
Purchased for husband who is suffering with a back problem, he has informed me that it is great and helps when he is sitting, he uses it in the car, on flights and at home. He definately recommends this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jan 2013
Should have bought one of these years ago. My back more comfortable using it and it also keeps my back very warm

2.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow for larger guys..., 25 Aug 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars good back support cushion, 14 Jun 2012
S. Judd (Britain) - See all my reviews
Had this a few weeks. It's a quality product seems well made of good materials. Supports/fits back very nicely. Little bigger and thicker than we expected. Very comfortable in car and in chairs at home. Though on smaller car-seats there isn't much space forwards/backwards.
Would recommend it over the other similar products I saw though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for car - back pain gone within a week, 27 Oct 2013
Bought this for the car. Good quality, very comfortable and has completed cured the back pain I was experiencing due to driving. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars back pain, 24 Sep 2013
Definitely helps my back whilst driving so as far as I concerned it is a very good buy. Give it a go.