5.0 out of 5 stars Skins at its best.
Published on 25 May 2012 by Jack

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the serie but the packcage is horrible
I'm a big fan of skins since 2009. I have bought all the seansons but when I opened the package I saw the dvd's were put all together in the same place. It was the first time I saw that. it is very easy they may be broken into pieces.
Published 19 months ago by veronica

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Skins at its best., 25 May 2012
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Having been a skins fan since series one, I was expecting Series 5 to be pretty good and it failed to impress, it was shockingly poor and not like any of the others, especially 1&2 which are my favourites. I thought I'd give series 6 a go and I am so glad I did. It is probably the best series they've made so far and is truly amazing. If you stopped watching after Series 5 - buy this - you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good!, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
After seeing the fifth series of 'Skins', I was hesitant on buying this. I Loved all the previous series's and the previous two sets of casts were great, but I just wasn't feeling it with this new group... I finally decided to buy series 6 after reading the positive reviews, and I'm glad I did! It's a season filled with strong episodes and some truly stand out ones. This might even be the best series yet! I definitely recommend it even if you didn't like the last series.

4.0 out of 5 stars TIME TO MOVE ON, 9 Sept. 2014
Mr. D. L. Rees "LEE DAVID" (DORSET) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Tragedy casts a long shadow over Season 6, the Bristol teenagers struggling to cope with great loss. The usual self-indulgent round of parties, sex, alcohol and drugs offers only a temporary escape. For some everything spirals out of control, salvation perhaps to come with advice from beyond the grave....

Full enjoyment depends on how much one cares for the characters, some considerably more likeable than others. Intriguing newcomer Alex proves an asset - his activities each day determined by the roll of a dice. Especially moving is the concern for his increasingly confused gran.

Viewers' reactions may very well differ, some enjoying the usual brash excesses, especially if as little as possible is worn. As ever there is no shortage of tempers overflowing, the smashing up of anything close at hand.

Others may prefer the quieter delights. There are plenty of those, some totally expected and working a treat. Top of the list? How about Alo's dance routine with Poppy! Hilarious.

Ten episodes - writing vibrant, cast exuberant, this season special because of serious undercurrents and mystical aspects. It has taken a death to make the friends re-evaluate their lives, most now realizing it time to quit the fast lane and accept responsibilities. In short they are growing up. Will all rise to such challenges, or is at least one seemingly on self-destruct?

Bonuses include backgrounds to each episode and some extra shorts - zombies included!

The series has been uneven, but this season is more on track. Many will like how it rounds off - an overall glimpse of how things now are and a one word farewell delivered with charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skins series 6., 11 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
This is an amazing series and this concludes both series 5 and 6 as a whole. It's your typical teenage series though not for the faint hearted, its totally gripping and keeps you wanting to watch more and when finished leaves you devastated there's not more!! I would definately recommend this to anyone who is interested in Skins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 27 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be my favourite series yet. It's heartbreaking yet heartwarming.
The finale left me speechless. I'll miss this generation more than any of the others, they were perfect. :')
Skins isn't just a tv show, it's art. <3

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart-warming and intense, a bit disoriented, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Every single episode is visually beautiful and emotional, there are many tears because a tragedy hits the group of friends in episode 1 so they all have to cope with that. I don't think it's properly "dark" tho, all characters lose themselves but at the end they find their own way, actually I think it's the most completed Skins series. Nonetheless, some characters individually can disappoint a little: the gap from the previous series is very big and especially the most loved characters change enormously. Some storylines take too much time and impede other characters to be fairly described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Bought as a gift so not a lot I can say but my daughter loves the series especially Nick Hoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
This was requested by my grand daughter for her birthday and was pleased to receive it. She said it was great

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the serie but the packcage is horrible, 15 Sept. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Skins, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Skins - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking for this in different shops for a while but could never find it so was happy when I spotted it on here. I'd already seen the series on the tele so it wasn't a surprise but I was happy to get the DVD so I could rewatch whenever I like.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Skins - Series 6 [DVD]
Skins - Series 6 [DVD] by Dakota Blue Richards (DVD - 2012)