5.0 out of 5 stars Couch potato paradise!
Having previously owned a Roku XS2, I decided to upgrade and now use the older one in the bedroom. I have to say this is much snappier (things load like you'd expect a modern streamer to do (almost instantly), whereas with the XS2 there was always a delay of 3-5 seconds for each app to load. Not essential, but very welcome--though it will still depend on the speed of your...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Roku's Chromecast effort, not bad but not really convincing
The Roku streaming stick isn't a new idea it's basically the same concept as many others, Simply plug into an HDMI port on your TV, connect to your wifi network and sign up for the Roku account and away you go. It's pretty simple and easy to set up.

My quick fire good and bad impressions so far

Pros:
+ Comes with a remote (no volume control on...
Published 6 months ago by Mr Baz

‹ Previous | 123 24 2580 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Roku 3, 12 Jun 2014
Would have given it 5 stars but for the fact that half the channels the American version gets are missing
Including Amazon prime videos! Which is one of the reasons I bought it in the first place, I'm actually thinking of canceling my prime account as it won't play on my Android tablet either, I mean what's the point of having it?! Anyway back to the roku, it's a great media player does everything it's meant to very well just a shame about the lack of premium channels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but needs Fibre Broadband, 11 Jun 2014
Works very well good for downloading and storing to disk. But a bit jumpy to watch direct.
Does need super fast fibre broadband.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but, 10 Jun 2014
I like it, an excellent piece of kit for streaming. For youtube, netflix, bbc news, bbc sports news, bbc iplayer and some others this is a gr8 little device. But my issue is that Amazon Prime is not available on it yet and for it I have to open my xBox 360 which I only use for gaming as it can be loud at time and uses more electricity. Yes I know Prime is Amazon's issue but Roku and Amazon competing with boxes and service does not help us the consumer either.

I hate that it has no power switch or standby mode, it is always On. Yes I know that it does not uses a lot of power when it is doing nothing but should be a standby mode. It is very fast.

One thing I wish it had was a way to replace my plex app and plex server on my desktop PC or my WD TV Live media player for all my media on my NAS devices.

But just buy it dont think because it is quick, small and excellent all round.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roku 2400EU LT AV, 10 Jun 2014
Mr. Michael Pavier "m.pavier" (nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roku 2400EU LT AV Receiver Set-Top Box (Electronics)
order this for my sister so that the kid can us it in the summerhouse and on opening the box it is very easy to workout what cable goes were the hard part was getting this device to connect to the internet so that you can set it up but once i looked online and found out what you needed to do it worked fine i would recommend the roku box over the now tv box and evan those the now tv box is made by roku it is not as good and you get a lot more apps for ths roku box than now tv and yes now tv is cheaper put i would sooner spend a bit more money so that i can get more i hope this will help any future buys

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gadget, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Roku 2400EU LT AV Receiver Set-Top Box (Electronics)
Read lots of reviews for this and really pleased with results. Did take slightly longer to set up than mentioned but then I can't say that I am very good with technical things. I am pleased with the results and it takes away the hassel of the laptop. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 Jun 2014
Matthew Rogers (Old Basing, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Got this for my daughter, she now has free view and we have bought a 64Gb USB memory card with which she transfers all the movies and series she has on her laptop over to this.

I think the only thing that we found as a possible negative thing is that the USB drive gets very hot when its in the Roku, even if we aren't using it

3.0 out of 5 stars No off button and limited 1080p, 4 Jun 2014
Device works fine and streaming 720p via plex on WIFI works well, but with reduced quality. Popcorn hour can handle on the same WIFI network full HD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for a non-smart TV, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Roku 2400EU LT AV Receiver Set-Top Box (Electronics)
It had synology software, but will not play any of the videos uploaded on to the Disk Station - nearly 200 of them. Roku says - Synology problem: Synology says Roku problem. I'm in them middle. Would recommend if you want to spend more money on things like netflix and film stations - the free ones are pretty dire. iplayer is useful, but that's about it I'm afraid

5.0 out of 5 stars TV will never be the same!, 31 May 2014
bernie77 (beirut, lebanon) - See all my reviews
Easy to connect and set up. Very straightforward. What can be said about the Roku 3 other than it's the best money I've spent on an electronic device ever! It's changed the way I watch TV. Anyone with a huge DVD collection can tell you how annoying it is to find the DVD you want to watch, avoid scratching the DVDs, finding the right case to put the DVD back in and so on. Well, PLEX on the Roku 3 means I can rip all my DVDs to my PC and watch any one of them at the click of a button. The Roku/Plex combination is a match made in heaven. Youtube, iPlayer, 4OD, Netflix and the list goes on. The only thing missing is the ITV player, but they will come on board inevitably.
Make sure you have a decent internet router and a good signal where you place your Roku 3. If, like me, you use the headphone jack in the remote control unit (whoever thought of this amazing feature deserves a Nobel Prize!) a lot, then make sure you invest in some rechargeable batteries. The remote is very power hungry when you plug in headphones or use the motion sensor to play games.
Make sure you install the Roku app on your phone/tablet. It doubles up as a remote control in case your batteries die and you can't get your hands on a fresh pair in the middle of a movie. The app also lets you stream your photos from your phone to your Roku 3, so you can view them on your TV. Same with music.
I can go on forever listing the amazing bells and whistles that come with this device. Just get one and enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars roku rules, 29 May 2014
Purchased Roku 3 brilliant piece of kit, Watched back series of the brilliant 24 which I missed in lovey HD,Would strongly recommend one if you haven't got one works through wirless no problem and no wires trailing around, The only thing I just can't work out at the moment is how to operate it through my home theatre system then it wou8ld be complete!

‹ Previous | 123 24 2580 | Next ›