5.0 out of 5 stars Delphin Armbands
These are fab. WE're buying a second set for our second child. They're safe, easy to put on and off, easy to clean. They give confidence because they don't move around on the arm and keep the child afloat - unlike most inflating armbands. No leaks either. They don't clip together as well as the description would have you believe, but they have been great for us!
Published on 24 Mar. 2008 by M. B. Belleini

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable
I bought these having read the glowing reviews. But all my grandchildren found them uncomfortable and preferred the blow up sort. They are now used as toys in the water.
Published 22 months ago by GL

5.0 out of 5 stars Delphin Armbands, 24 Mar. 2008
M. B. Belleini (Doncaster, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, 26 Jun. 2008
K. Mackenzie (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
I cannot recommend this item highly enough. My son learned to swim with these as a 3 year old. He is now eight, and I'm now using them with my daughter who is nearly three! They are still in fantastic condition and are far superior to the "blow up" armbands which pinch skin, and deflate. The discs can be removed as swimming improves. They are pricey but worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars View of a Swimming Teacher, 30 Aug. 2008
N. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
I have worked for nearly a decade with these, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Forget any other belts and bands. Start off with three on each arm, and work the way down. One of the best innovations in swimming over the past 20 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Armbands!!!, 27 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
Not only do these actually work (keeping my 20 month old son's head out of the water) but, as they are made of hard foam, they don't pop if he takes a sneeky bite at them :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Delphin Arm Bands, 6 Sept. 2009
Graham Lloyd "Tractor Boy" (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
Very Good. My 18 month old grandson has taken to the product with no problems. He is taken swimming once or twice a week and is gaining in confidence on each occasion. A worthwhile buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for teaching kids to swim, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
First I love the arm bands. My daughter tried these when she went for her first swimming lesson and we decided to purchase a set when we went swimming as a family. They are lightweight and stack together easily for storage and transportation. Your trainee swimmer can wear 1 or 3 pairs. With our 4 yr old daughter we start off with 2 pairs and then reduce to 1 pair after approx 5 mins and she can now swim on the surface of the water without armbands for short periods of time (has always swam well underwater). We have even tried these on our 6 month old with the assistance of a flotation swimsuit so that she is in the right position as without the suit she floats onto her face. They are probably best for a child who is at least 2 years old and upwards who understands commands and has good control of their arms and core muscles. I would point out that they are quite slim fitting and it you have a child with particularly big arms you may be best purchasing the adult size. The only gripe I had about these arm bans was with the seller of the armbands. I purchased these through Amazon in preloved condition and no where did it say they came from a smoker's house. They stank of stale smoke and I had to soak them in disinfectant for a long time to get rid of the smell.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELPHIN ARM BANDS, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
I BOUGHT THESE ARM BANDS FOR MY SIX YEAR OLD SON WHO HAS A SKELETAL DISORDER WHERE HIS LONG BONES HAVE NOT DEVELOPED FULLY I.E. HIS UPPER ARMS & UPPER LEGS. USING THE INFLATABLE BANDS REALLY GAVE HIM VERY LIMITED MOBILITY & WOULD CUT INTO HIS ARMS WITHIN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.I READ QUITE A FEW VERY POSITIVE REVIEWS ON THE DELPHIN BANDS & DECIDED,EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE,THE RESULT WOULD HOPEFULLY BE WORTH IT!
WE HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM HOLIDAY AND THE RESULTS WERE GREAT! WE STARTED HIM ON 2 BANDS PER ARM AND HIS MOBILITY WAS FANTASTIC.THE BANDS GAVE HIM THE SUPPORT HE NEEDED WHILST ALSO GIVING HIM CONFIDENCE IN THE WATER.
ON THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE BANDS CUTTING INTO CHILDRENS ARMS AFTER A LENGTH OF TIME, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WE EXPERIENCED, & WE WERE IN THE POOL FOR UP TO TWO HOURS AT A TIME!
I HAD BEEN TOLD BY A SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR WHO USES THESES BANDS IN HIS LESSONS THAT THE INSIDE SOFTENS WITH USE ANYWAY.
IF YOU WANT IMMEDIATE RESULTS & HAPPY KIDS, PAY THE EXTRA MONEY & YOU'LL BE VERY HAPPY PARENTS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly effective and high quality., 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
These are amazing. Superb quality, light and easy to use. Much better than the blow-up arm bands we had as kids, these are very supportive giving your children easy confidence with their buoyancy in the water. As they learn to swim, tread water and become more confident, you can just remove one float at a time from each arm, reducing the support in a gradual fashion. These are expensive, we bought them because the swim school use them, and we've taken these away on holidays to centre parcs and abroad. The downside is that they do take-up a lot of room in a suitcase, but at least they weigh so little as to have negligible impact on your luggage allowance. Very high perceived quality, no damage or marks at all on the bands they have a great, solid yet light feel. The colours can be sorted in any order, so it's easy to distinguish between his and hers if your babies squabble ! Ours have had these since they were two years old in the swimming pool. Overall, great quality and very effective in the water.

4.0 out of 5 stars arm bands, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
Didn't need to blow the up. and they are bright children like colours. you are able to put as many rings asneeded

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 19 Feb. 2014
Zita Lamb (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
I have tried all sorts of bouyancy aids for my 16 month little boy and these are the best. I find he is unstable in a float suit, the bouyancy vests ride up under his chin and normal armbands are difficult to get on and off. These are a dream, they are really easy to get on and off, although they do leave a small red mark if they have been on a while, but this doesn't seem to bother him. He is really stable in the water, he can float on his own without going under the water and we push him from one person to the other so he thinks he is "swimming". His confidence in the water took a knock when we took him out of his baby ring, but 4 days at center parcs using these and he is really confident again. One thing to watch for is we put them on him with the knobble that attaches the rings to each other next to his face and when he was teething, he chewed it nearly off, so make sure you put these on with the blank side to your child's face!

Delphin Swimming Disks