5.0 out of 5 stars Frame by frame.
I remember as a kid, watching documentaries on people like Phil Tippet and Ray Harryhausen and wishing I could do work like that and whilst I got into video work as I got older, I never ended up with a camera that was satisfactory for stop motion work.

Published 7 months ago by Kevin Buchanan

1.0 out of 5 stars Kept freezing...
Average UI, quite buggy and froze when taking photos so it was unusable. Hate it that Amazon make you do minimum of twenty words!
Published 6 months ago by Notty

5.0 out of 5 stars Frame by frame., 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Lapse It Pro • Time Lapse & Stop Motion Camera • Professional (App)

This app lets my phone do exactly that, to the extent that the also excellent time-lapse option is almost just an added bonus.

This is a well presented and effective app that will inevitably be getting a lot of use from me and could prove of use for anyone interested in stop-motion or cel animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool app, 13 Nov. 2014
Just when you think you have all the necessary tablet accessories this app comes along lol
I'm now getting an urge to purchase a tablet tripod attachment. I did manage to make a very short video clip whilst holding the tablet in one hand and filming in time lapse mode a pair of scissors moving around a cutting mat. Obviously if I had a tablet tripod attachment I could of used the stop/motion mode, but I had run out of hands at this point. On playing back my clip I managed to capture my hand moving the scissors in between the automatic picture taking. I opened the recording folder in x-plore and simply deleted all the jpgs with my hand then rendered the clip with music and hey presto! As my first attempt I was quite chuffed, even if I did kinda cheat lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop motion camera app (THE BEST Available), 29 Oct. 2014
Brilliant & fabulous. Very easy to use and the resulta are fantastic. 10/10 to the developers. I can't recommend this app enough, and at just over a quid.....
Wallace and Grommit eat your heart out. It's the best 'stop motion' camera app I've had on a phone. I can't recommend this app enough.
I tried the free version & was so impressed I bought the full version (£1.78 /178 coins plus a 40 coin rebate (I think that was the price, if not, then very close )).
Want to make your own Morph? or Wallace, haven't a clue or a professional - GET this app, you won'tbe disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is so good, 20 Jan. 2015
I downloaded 'Lapse sometime It' some time ago but have just used it to record a special get to gether in the snow and WOW ITS FAB. If you want to record a keepsake then get this. I never ever write anything on these cos its normaly filled with ads or asking for more money but this is GOOOOD.
Well done im going off to search for what else interactive universe have done, if its half as good as this then its got to be good..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perection, 1 Oct. 2014
As home-based apps go, this is one of the far better ones out there.

It's a simple, yet refined programme that allows you, the user, to determine how involved you're going to get.

It doesn't push you into trying new things. It lets you figure them out for yourself. Then you let others see. It's out personal Social Media campaign.

Glorious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic App - using it on my HTC One X, 30 Jun. 2013
DMG "DMG" (Somerset England) - See all my reviews
Ignore Natalie's 'waste of money', one star review. She admits that she didn't know what she was doing and therefore rubbished the excellent product.

I am an ex professional photographer who is also keen on time-lapse photography. I have designed and built 'intervalometers', and later purchased a Canon intervalometer. It is a gadget trigger professional cameras allowing them to create time lapse videos. The issue with doing it that way is the cost, equipment and effort.

The Android LAPSE IT app I rate at five stars. It is fun to use and it does exactly as the creators claim.

It is quite important to understand how time lapse photography works - Google 'Time lapse tutorial'. there are oodles of info out there...

At first glance, LAPSE IT may look complicated but it really is easy to use. Try it with the default settings once it has been downloaded on to your device. It will be set to take one frame every 2 seconds and play them back at a speed of 20 frames a second. That means you need to decide how long you want your time lapse movie to run. lets make the first one to be 15 seconds. The maths is simple: 15 seconds x 20 frames/second = 300 frames needed. So, to take the 300 frames an one frame every 2 seconds, that means that you need to let the device to run for 2 x 300 = 600 seconds (10 minutes)

After you have taken your first '15 second movie' you will need to render it - just follow the onscreen instructions. Although rendering will take some time, it is very fast compared to expensive professional rendering software.

Once you have taken a couple of movies you can then understand how most things operate. You can then experiment with changing some of the settings...

Have fun... oh, by the way - you will need to set your device (phone or tablet) onto some form of tripod or stand because it is important not to move the device between frames...

If you want to do some fun stuff, try it you will note be disappointed. (no I don't have any connection with the makers, I just love the app and hate to see something rubbished because it wasn't understood by the user.)

4.0 out of 5 stars great time-lapse video app, 9 Dec. 2014
Gotte (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Only problem I had was focus which seemed to hunt a little at times, but this was sorted out by going through the settings. Only other improvement I would suggest was a fade out of music, as it cuts at the end of a video, which can be in the middle of a bar. Other than that, great time-lapse video app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee app, 14 May 2014
Great app all my friends use it on their phones in combo with the mini rotating platform you can get for msrtphones its really useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Aug. 2013
Amazon Customer (Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent program that enables you to get good results with a very modest outlay.
You can create your first video using the default settings then experiment more as you get the hang of the software which is pretty straightforward anyway so I do think the earlier negative review skews the rating down unfairly.

4.0 out of 5 stars it will appeal to all those who have an interest in getting the best results out of their photographs and videos, 5 Nov. 2014
Admittedly, I have not yet fully unlocked the full potential of this app and have used it sparingly so far. However, it will appeal to all those who have an interest in getting the best results out of their photographs and videos. Impressed!