Published on 24 April 2013 by SeaBorne

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst kept secret!
This rushed to dvd series is yet another example of how the BBC money spinning process works. Not only does it deprive you of your hard earned coffers to buy a tv license, but then sells the stuff you originally paid for back to you via dvd hard copy. If the BBC hadn't began coding its transmissions we'd all probably have recorded this on vhs and put it away for those...
Published on 17 April 2012 by Mr. Tariq Aslam

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful out of the way sites with it's history presented in a nice way., 24 April 2013
SeaBorne (Lier, Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
These series takes you out into Britain's "out of the way" pearls. It makes you want to go there and experience the atmosphere for yourself. Nicely presented by Julia Bradbury and Matt Baker. I suppose there is so much history on these sites that there isn't enough time to dwell more on each place. Anyway, I would have liked a bit more thorough explanation on how to get to these places, more info about possible local guides and what the options are concerning accommodations in the area. Otherwise these videos are a nice supplement for those who would like to explore Britain's beautiful nature and it's history. Because both Britain's history and landscape are interwoven making a very interesting and beautiful tapestry. These DVD's demonstrates exactly that in an engaging manner. When summing it up I'd say that I enjoyed these two DVD's. I hope I'll be able to visit some of these sites myself one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret Britain, 3 Mar. 2014
D. J. Stone (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this in 2011 when it first came out, but missed the first one - which was set in my part of the country.
Lovely to finally be able to see it.

The series reminded me that I had used to do that myself - get off into the countryside to discover 'secret' places that I'd not seen before and which few people visited. I'd stopped doing it and the series inspired me to get started again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A most enjoyable adventure!, 3 April 2015
Rose (South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
This is a most enjoyable magazine/adventure type documentary. So many places, not so well known, are visited. The scenery is very beautiful and the photography excellent. When I was younger I would have loved to have embarked on such a journey. Walking in the country was something I always enjoyed. This documentary has given me such pleasure, from the comforts of my armchair and enjoying a cup of tea as well! Britain has a very beautiful countryside.Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would you ever, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
Two of televisions most liked stars complete the task of finding some of the most beautiful places that not many people know about

4.0 out of 5 stars Secret Britain, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this series on tv, so it was great to see it again. Julia Bradbury and Matt Baker explore different corners of the UK, talking to us about many hidden treasures, and telling us interesting stories about our country

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia Bradbury, 14 Jan. 2013
Jady Lee "Gwennie" (Tasmania, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
I LOVED THIS DVD! So many interesting, beautiful places in England. I do all my travel via armchair as I can't afford to actually go to these places, but I am starting to feel I know more about some places in Britain than those who live there do. I shall watch this dvd over and over - it is beautiful, and so intriguingly presented. The presenters have a way of drawing you right there with them on their adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
Love it, wish there were more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 14 Jan. 2015
Lovely dvd. Great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Feb. 2015
Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars see before you leave your chair, 8 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Secret Britain [DVD] (DVD)
if you dont know where to go on a holiday this dvd is worth your time to watch then you choose

Secret Britain [DVD]
Secret Britain [DVD] by Julia Bradbury (DVD - 2012)