4.0 out of 5 stars really very good Hawaiian music
After we saw the film, my family all remarked on the music, so my partner gave me the CD for my birthday.
I have listened to it often, and like it a lot. I had not realized at first that the collection is in part a history
and sampler of Hawaiian music, but the more I read about it, the more interesting it was. I don't honestly have
a clue what "slack...
Published on 12 Mar. 2012 by S. P. Rahtz

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in a reasonable time, but a bit more ...
Arrived in a reasonable time, but a bit more 'warblerly' then I remember from the film! In fact after a while, it begins to grate!
Published 5 months ago by The Grinch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars really very good Hawaiian music, 12 Mar. 2012
S. P. Rahtz (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
a clue what "slack key" guitar is, but what these folks do with it is lovely. Don't worry, the association with
the film (which I also enjoyed, but you don't have to) is minimal - ie you don't associate tracks with film scenes.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Descendent's Sound Track, 11 April 2012
Having been to see the excellent film I decided to buy the soundtrack. The Hawaiian theme is quite unique and is very soothing. I have the CD in my car auto-changer and listen to it often.

5.0 out of 5 stars A relaxing album, 17 Jun. 2012
I ordered this soundtrack immediately after watching the film because I found the music so gentle and relaxing. I listen to it time and again in the car and it never fails to make me smile.
This is proper Hawaiian folk music, not the americanised 'hula hula' nonsense popularised in the mid 20th century.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the movie, 16 Jan. 2015
Like the movie, love the music. The soundtrack perfectly complements the story and also stands alone as an audio experience. Its a real grower. I recently watched the movie The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada - another gentle story excellently told - and I was similarly struck by how much a soundtrack can complement the action on the screen. I cannot recommend the Descendants soundtrack high enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawaii music at its best, 2 Jan. 2014
J. Alker (Wales) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely cd of traditional hawaiian music, inspired me to buy separate CDs of various singers featured. Music better than film

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and Lovely, 21 Dec. 2013
The first evening we put this one, my wife and I sat in silence and listened to it all the way through, I think we even snoozed towards the end!

Not at all my usual cup of tea - the music seemed to be very present in the film that we both enjoyed so I ordered the CD as a gift for aforementioned Missus. At first the tracks with the deeper voice are surprising but you very quickly acclimatize to this and the album is different, well done and beautiful collection of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this sound track, 22 July 2013
We have just discovered a new kind of music and we love it. We listen to it at least twice a week. Please go out and buy a copy and discover a nice easy musical sound that will sit well playing while your having your evening meal. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 16 May 2013
This is a first class film and a first class soundtrack bringing a different music culture to a much wider audiance

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing Hawaiian Music, 22 April 2013
I recently watched the film "The Descendants" for the first time and loved the music - so much so, that I ordered the CD straight away. I play it regularly for relaxation: its gentle guitar sounds and soothing voices are very easy on the ear. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 31 Mar. 2013
Bought this after watching the film which I loved. There are some great tracks on here. Totally different to anything I have heard before. Play it on a sunny day.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›