on 15 May 2012
Really enjoyed this game and think I'll continue to enjoy it for many months to come. Simply buy in to the crazy storyline and enjoy the ride. I really liked the simplicity of the game in terms of forgiveness for crashing into stuff, the cars take quite a bit of damage before you need to go find another one. The story is great with it's retro feel. San Francisco detail is fantastic, although you need to see that when somebody else is playing to appreciate the level of detail. Unlocking bonus challenges is a real plus in addition to the main story, but to be honest I spent many hours simply picking up cars and driving around the city and trying out new things to see what worked and what didn't.
on 22 May 2014
I loved the original driver, everything about it (bar the glitches!) was spot on, even the mini games were more fun than most other complete games. Driver 2 wasn't far off, but I felt it lacked the personality of the first. Driver 3 thankfully didn't kill the series, Driver 4 was good but.......if I'm honest I lost interest by then, Driver 1 was the trailblazer upon which the others tagged on to. Then I saw this game on offer........well, it would of been rude not to!
Initial impressions were it was a shame they hadn't got the 70s cars that were joy to drive, that the city seemed so.........staid, & that city was limited by red fogs that you shall not pass!
Played it bit more & pleased to say its a good un........
Driving around is fun, whatever vehicle you choose its feels authentic but exilerating- no Gran Turismo esque realism but, imo, the cars are much more carlike & fun than any GTA I've played- & this game feels like its got a nod to both the GTA series & the original Driver, the result being very playable.
I don't think its a secret that in this game Tanner is in a coma & he 'imagines' he's driving other cars OR he actually develops an ability to take over drivers bodies at will, as you choose to believe- either way you can change your car/vehicle at will to any you come upon via a birds eye view..........sound confusing? It isn't really, once you got your head on the idea of swooping its easy & useful. There are also garages to fix/buy cars if you prefer.
If you like driving around & taking missions when you choose to this game is well worth a go: if you want violence, to kill pedestrians etc there's nothing here for you (pedestrians never get run over in Driver in my experience!) b
on 1 April 2013
Waited ages for this game to drop to budget price, before I bought it!

The game is fun and I like the fact I can jump into any vehicle, by just pressing the X button and leaving my body and leaping into another persons body, a bit like Sam in Quantum Leap!

All the cars/trucks/buses in this game are real and I really love the fact I can drive about in a "Smokey & The Bandit" Trans Am.

Recommended!
on 5 January 2015
A great old gen game that you can play with your buddy. You can either choose between Single Player campaign, which was quite interesting and fun with the shift mechanics, or you can try out the cooperative mode, which has it's own game modes that you can try out with a friend on a split screen. If you're looking for something easy going, just to skip time with a friend, this game is good for you. Also the delivery itself was excellent, nothing to comment more.
on 18 September 2013
Not only did I get this game for £3.52, it was also brand new. And the game isn't too bad either. The free roam multi-player is brilliant. Delivery was fast. Definitely would consider buying from them again.
on 9 April 2013
good game very happy with purchase and would buy from again
on 22 October 2015
Great game when it came out and still a classic
on 8 April 2012
great game spent many hours with the kids playing
this game and its a winner kept the kids and me
quiet and out of trouble well worth it.
good game.
on 30 March 2012
This game is absolutely awesome the only downside though is that it hasn't got a very long story line. The cars are absolutely amazing!
on 23 April 2012
I bought this game for my son for his birthday and he loves playing on it and I would recommend it