4.0 out of 5 stars A fine introduction, 13 April 2013
This review is from: JavaScript: Just the Basics - A Primer for the Complete Beginner (Kindle Edition)
I needed a good crash course in JavaScript, and this book delivered. Clear, well-structured, concise, it explains the basic building blocks of the language extremely clearly.

However, some basic knowledge of the principles of programming is assumed; I wouldn't advise diving in if you've never programmed anything before. And a few exercises and a few more fully evolved examples (like the excellent Ajax weather widget example at the end) would have been quite handy.

Still, a great into, and great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quick javascript primer, 10 April 2013
Strictly speaking I'm not a complete beginner. I've decades of experience using a range of languages including javascript.

Every so often I need to write some javascript and wanted something that I can speed read as a sort of reminder before I start work. I found it excellent for that and in my judgement it would be a good book for a beginner with some programming experience.

Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to JavaScript., 10 Feb 2013
I'm not (yet) a JavaScript expert, but the book "JavaScript - Just the Basics" was a good place to start. I'm already putting my new-found JavaScript into action.

Easy to read and understand. Clear and concise. All-in-all worth the money!