5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Excellent - Genuine replacement for 50W Halogens
We now have 44 of these Long Life Lamp Company GU10 LED bulbs and they are excellent. We have a combination of two types:

- PURE WHITE (in the kitchen and bathrooms): GU10 5W LED Super Bright PURE WHITE Colour 55w Replacement for Halogen bulb with New SMD Chip Technology 400 Lumens
- WARM WHITE (in all other rooms): Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super...
Published on 30 April 2012 by Handyman

3.0 out of 5 stars Long Life Company 5w GU10 LED Bulbs
I installed ten of these but unfortunately even in a kitchen I found them just too clinical, even after a week they seemed harsh - plus although they were advertised as 120 degree beam angle they were in fact 90 degree on the box, an error Amazon has since rectified.

Published 12 months ago by H Storey

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Excellent - Genuine replacement for 50W Halogens, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements (Kitchen & Home)

- WARM WHITE (in all other rooms): Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements

After initially thinking we'd use Pure White everywhere (as it looks brighter), after trying some in the bedrooms and hallways we found the light too stark and went for Warm White for those areas instead. This aligns with many other reviews I've seen - it seems this is the combination most people opt for in the end.

Overall I've researched about 300+ different GU10 LED bulbs online and tried 7 different samples for real, and I think these are the best. I calculate that at they current price 8.95 they pay back in under 1800 hours use - well under 3 years if they are on for 2 hours a day on average.

If you're looking for GU10s to replace 50W Halogen ones then consider the following:

1) Light output: These are 400 Lumens and, to my eyes, very similar light level to 50W Halogens. Many other 5W LED bulbs offer lower Lumens output. I've tried others are they look obviously dull.

2) Length: Standard Halogen GU10s are 50mm diameter x 55mm long (to the end of pins). Many bright LED ones are much longer than this and may not fit in your holders. These are 50x50 so fit fine - a genuine like for like replacement.

3) Colour (of the light): This is measured in Kelvin but manunfacturers give names to different levels. Standard halogens are (all, I believe) around 2700K - "Warm white". That is a yellow type of white. I tried some 6000K ones but that's a very harsh white like an operating theatre - too stark for me.
After much experimentation we settled on:
- 4000K (Pure White) in the kitchen and bathrooms (GU10 5W LED Super Bright PURE WHITE Colour 55w Replacement for Halogen bulb with New SMD Chip Technology 400 Lumens)
- 3000K (Warm White) in all other rooms (Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements)

4) Beam angle. Many bright LEDs seem to have narrow beam angles (e.g. 90 degrees or less), which creates a spotlight. I am after general purpose room lighting and these are 120 degrees, which is a nice wide angle.

5) Average life. Many LEDs have a stated life of 50,000 hours. These are lower - 30,000 hours. However I can live with this given that the payback period is only 1800 hours!

There is only one tiny downside I can find - sometimes when you move something (e.g. wave briskly) you notice a slight strobing effect (the LEDs are obviously pulsing fast rather than permanently on - presumably at 50Hz mains, whereas you don't notice this with Halogens as the element stays hot between the 50Hz cycles). I don't notice it often, and it isn't a problem for me, but if you're planning to put these bulbs somewhere where things move fast (e.g. a gym) you might want to try a single bulb as a sampler first.

In summary - I think these bulbs are excellent - a genuine replacement for halogen GU10s, and consume only 10% of the power! I calculated payback in under 3 years based on 2 hours usage per day, but prices are dropping already so you're on to a winner!

(edited from my earlier review of the Pure White bulbs)

===========
Update, 12/4/14:
===========

Still have 44 of these bulbs (some Warm White, some Pure White). All working fine - no failures at all. Still very happy! In reply to some of the comments and other reviews note that no-one should expect these to look exactly the same as halogens. They are close, but not identical. In exchange for this minor compromise you will be saving a heap of electricity and money (assuming they are switched on at least an hour or two a day). Also I note one person commented that the ones he bought fell apart. That is a shame - I can only assume that there was a problem with his order and he received the wrong bulbs as my experience (and that of most other reviewers) has been nothing but positive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long Life Company 5w GU10 LED Bulbs, 6 Aug 2013

I swapped over for Sebson 5W warm white LED bulbs which I also bought on Amazon. the Sebson bulbs quoted a greater beam angle of 110 degree which in real life didn't make a great deal of difference but the Sebson bulbs are definitely a nice warmer white and a lot nearer if not identical to halogen bulbs. They also have frosted glass lens which helps to mask the bright yellow light chips which did look a little cheap on the Long Life Company bulbs.

Subject to reliability (they're German and have good reviews on Amazon.de so cross fingers) then my preference is definitely the Sebson Bulbs for warmth and looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bulbs!, 12 Oct 2012
Mr. Joseph Inglis (scotland) - See all my reviews
Hi,

I have approx 40 GU10 50W 240V Osram & Sylvan bulbs around my house. My wife and teenage kids seem to enjoy heating the house via the bulbs. That's the only reason i can think of why i would be traipsing around turning lights off after them! Anyway, i already have a few LED cold white (light blue to you and me) bulbs in one of the bathrooms. They are fine but are a stepdown in brightness compared to the bulbs(GU10 50W) that they replaced. I have fitted 6 of these long life LED units in my kitchen and can say that the light emitted is at a higher level than the 6 of GU10 50 Watt Osram bulbs that they have replaced. The light that they throw is also slightly starker than the old bulbs. Best way to describe this is that GU10 50 watts throw a quite flattering and mellow slightly yellow light. These LED bulbs throw a slightly brighter sharper and whiter light. I will buy more of these and will repace my GU10's as i go. It is strange to be able to put my hand up against a light unit after it has been on for 5 minutes(never mind 10 seconds) and feel no heat!

Talking of which, i have also purchased and fitted a set of Radflek radiator reflectors. No kidding, these work and i wish i had fitted them years ago. My rooms (in fact the whole 12 room house,) is getting up to temperature a lot faster and the radiator thermostats are kicking in and turning the radiators off. Just shows that there is a huge amount of output from the radiators bleeding into the walls. I make no money from this just, passing on what i found to be an ace no brainer easy fit product for energy saving for cash & CO2.

[...]

If you are willing to go that far why don't you make your own beer as well? Don't ask me why but i'm just not that into giving my money to big corporations! Cheers :)

[...]

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 27 Aug 2013
Originally thought they were a great product. Bought them to replace GU10 50w halogen bulbs, to cut down on electricity costs. Within 3/4 months, one of the bulbs has already given up, and at 6+ a time this is certainly not a saving. Certainly not long life bulbs. I am very disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bright light but won't last, 20 Oct 2013
They started to go off after 8 months. Now almost all of them are off.
The light is not warm, but rather cold.

I would buy some more trusted brand next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 May 2012
I have been dubious about trying LED bulbs to replace halogens for a while having had poor experience in the past, but decided to try these and they are fantastic!
I replaced the six 50W halogen downlighter bulbs in our kitchen with these LED GU10 bulbs and it has made a huge difference to a dull kitchen.
The LED bulbs are both significantly brighter than the original 50W bulbs and they have a wider illumination angle so the room is now properly lit.
These LED GU10 bulbs were also exactly the same size as the halogen GU10 they replaced so no problems getting them into the existing fittings.

I am extremely happy, I now have a much brighter and well lit kitchen and using only 30W instead of 300W!

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 yr warranty? Don't think so., 17 Mar 2014
I ordered 2 bulbs after Amazon confirmed their 1 yr guarantee and they also confirmed that the Long Life Lamp Co. gives a 5 yr guarantee. I contacted the Long Life Lamp Co., trying to get confirmation of the warranty, by email with no reply and rang them twice to be cut off each time. So I sent the bulbs back. If I'm getting no help upon purchase, what chance have I got when the bulbs blow (which they probably will, considering other reviews).

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought 3, one failed already, 18 Mar 2013
Considering these are from the 'Long Life Lamp Company' I don't think they are living up to their name. 1 already failed out of 3. I'll wait and see how the other go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, 9 July 2012
Ian Gray "ky11116" (London UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one and am now buying enough for the whole kitchen.
Like many I have had problems finding a bright enough GU10 with the right colour but these are perfect for me.
They are as bright (if not brighter) than the 50W halogens I had in, are the same warm white colour and appear to have the same beam angle.
They appear to be the same dimensions as my existing halogen GU10s but it wasn't a critical fit in my light housings.

The only potential negative is that the yellow squares of the LEDs do look a bit odd when they are off so if you are fitting them where you can see the bulb you may want to consider this. For ceiling fittings they are unnoticeable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but..., 12 Nov 2012
Recently ordered 6 of these and they are as bright as the halogen equivalent even if they are a slightly whiter light so initially I was very pleased. However they are expensive so you would expect them to last as advertised but unfortunately one of ours has gone after only 2 days of use !