5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone in a long relationship
Brillant, for long relationships. It helps in relationship problems as well as understanding the opposite sex.This book is great because it deals with both male and female sides. NOWAY, is this book just for females.So, listen up this book can improve your relationship! Hope you buy this book because you'll be mad not to!
Published on 13 Nov. 2001 by Helly

3.0 out of 5 stars Written by a man.......
Although this book gave some great insights into men and women's behaviour generally which I have found incredibly useful.... I still came out feeling that for relationships to work women have to be quiet and wait until men decide they want to be giving and loving..... threw it on the floor shouting obscenities more times than I care to mention. (then I wonder why...
Published on 23 Sept. 1999

‹ Previous | 125 26 2741 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Updated version required but otherwise very helpful!, 22 Feb. 2015
Could do with a more updated version with a woman's point of view, very masculine orientated but very informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, 22 Jun. 2013
Good book, interesting to read as it gives a good view of the situation and brings good knowledge about the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, 16 Aug. 2013
This has helped my marriage. Very true to a large extent. Has helped us understand each other better. Lovely book

4.0 out of 5 stars men & women, 3 Jan. 2013
Bought for my wife & me we have read and reread it, she has loaned it to some of her girlfriends who love it too

5.0 out of 5 stars always helps, 10 Dec. 2012
read this book years ago loved it then and love it now filled with such helpful views that sometimes we over look

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for wanting a lasting relationship, 22 Aug. 2013
wish I had read it long time ago, very, very good. Would recommend to any wanting a loving lasting relationship

5.0 out of 5 stars essential, supremely useful for any couple, 21 Jan. 2012
This is one of the most important books I have ever read. It succintly puts together the reasons why men (all men) are different from women (all women); why this creates problems of communication in a couple; and what to do about it. I found it fascinating reading and illuminating for its insights. This is a summary table I have written based on the book (sorry it does not appear as a table here because no html is allowed by Amazon. I think it summarizes the main thrust of the argument Gray makes and is spelled out in the video by Paul Dewandre (in French) Les hommes viennent de Mars, les femmes de Vénus.

Man:

3) wants to talk about a problem,
4) is emotional,
5) needs attention,
6) needs understanding,
7) is like a garden, wants to be mantained every day no matter what.

1.0 out of 5 stars would not recommend, 27 Jan. 2013
I work in mental health and read a lot of books in this category for study/work. I read this book (the first 8 chapters - I couldnt go any further) as I thought its a 'classic'. It made me feel a little angry for some of it and was a little surprised at some of the things that were actually written. From what I read the advice given in the book did not seemed to be based on evidence or even solid cases just general perceptions/opinions of his experiences.
I realise things like this can be a personal thing but I would not recommend this to anyone...it seemed a little old fashioned and to be honest quite sexist.
"What the Venusians Learned. The Venusians were not offended when Martians were easily distracted...she would very politley stop talking, stand there, and wait for him to notice." perhaps this was a time to "talk about problems with their friends or have fun and go shopping". pg 43-44.
I have clearly taken those quotes out of context but I do not believe it comes across any differently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 7 April 2015
The writer of this book himself took divorce although many marriages have been saved after reading his book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 Jan. 2013
this is an excellent book and i have found it so funny as i can relate so much to it.everyone should read it

‹ Previous | 125 26 2741 | Next ›