5.0 out of 5 stars Life is full of pleasant surprises
I'm not sure why I got to browsing Kendal mint cake but I did. And I remembered the intensity and could not resist ordering some.

Having seen the huge range now available I just had to try a selection - and what better than this "seconds" selection pack. A taste of some different flavours and a bonus price.

I also noticed a Free bag of sweets had...
Published 23 months ago by Combat Wombat

2.0 out of 5 stars Mice received: less impressed second time round
Published 9 months ago by D barton

5.0 out of 5 stars Life is full of pleasant surprises, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: ROMNEY'S OF KENDAL 'Seconds Selection Pack' 500g / 17.63oz Minimum (Misc.)

I also noticed a Free bag of sweets had been offered during 2012. Was not sure they would be still included, but they would just be a bonus if they came.

1) I have expected a bag of broken old bits of cake - I received 3 (to me) perfect 170g mint cake bars - 1 standard plain, 1 extra strong and 1 special clear wrapper. In addition I received 4 little 40g chocolate coated mint cake bars. On top of all this i received a lovely travel tin of orange & lemon boiled Kendal sweets (130g). This is a lot more than I had hoped for, and I really had not expected the large bars to arrive still as wrapped bars - certainly in good enough condition to give to friends and family if too much for one person.

2) Did I point out - I purchased 500g of seconds mint cake, expecting a lose bag of bits and chunks. I received 630g of (to me) pretty near perfect mint cake in some jolly nice flavours plus a lovely travel tin. That is one generous "seconds" package and a lovely selection.

I've been very lucky with some things recently - This lovely seconds pack really is special, remarkable and very welcome. Thank you for a box full of smiles :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product and much more than expected, 16 Feb 2013
I received the product in super fast time and was immediately impressed with the selection I received.

2 x 170g blocks (one white, one brown) & 2 x 113g chocolate covered.

I also received a 130g tin of fruit drops as well.

Having not had Kendal Mint Cake for years I was unsure if the product would taste the same as it used to. Too many companies try to improve recipes and in doing so ruin perfectly good products.

I'm happy to report that Kendal Mint Cake remains as it always was - a powerful mint hit with a smooth texture.

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to try the variety of ways Kendal Mint Cake can be enjoyed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mice received: less impressed second time round, 18 Mar 2014
Second Time order (Dec 2014): The first time I ordered the product I thought it was OK so I decided to try again. This time i was 'rewarded' with 10 white mice and 10 brown mice (seconds) and some kendal mint cake (seconds) chocolate covered. No freebie product. Carrying Mice around on expeditions / hikes is not ideal - but I suppose that is the risk I took ordering so close to christmas. Generally the mice seem to have less peppermint flavour. I may use them to flavour my hot drinks (peppermint, sugary tea) - ideal on a cold day. This time I am less impressed so reduced the rating to two stars. Likely to need to add the real product to my XMAS wish list this year.

First Time order (March 2014): I received 275g (white) and 310g (brown) mint cake with an added free gift of 45g of chocolate covered Kendal mint cake. My particular POOR freebie had a short shelf-life, with an expiry date of May 2014 (5 weeks post receipt). The Kendal mint cake has a mottled non-uniform finish, probably the reason for the '2nds rating'. This does not affect the taste/texture of the product. Individual types packed in a sealed plastic bag. The freebie is a little poor due to the short expiry date. You will need to repack the product unless you intend to consume/require all of the product for one expedition. In conclusion probably a reasonable buy but do not get taken in by the EXTRA' free' gift. Although given the other reviews I may have been particularly unlucky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kendal Mint cake., 26 Mar 2013
How can you rate Kendal Mint Cake? You either like it or you don't. If you don't, don't buy it. The free bag of sweets were an unneccesary incentive to buy and nothing specacular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gladioli, 21 Nov 2013
Was craving Peppermint, saw this selection,, and bought mix of Kendal Mint Cake. Very pleased with the courteous, rapid service, unfortunatlely the contents didn't last long!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but would have liked best before dates, 14 Oct 2014
Managed to accidentally order two lots of Kendal Mint Cake, but totally happy I did so. Very happy with the amount of bars supplied and I received a pretty varied selection (would have loved some extra strong though). Would have given five stars, but of the sixteen bars supplied, only one had a best before date. So I'll just have to take their word at the "one month minimum". Saying that though, the dated one had eight months left and the two undated ones I opened were perfect. I'd definitely consider buying a pack like this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present., 15 Dec 2013
Bought as a present was really surprised in a good way would buy again and recommend to anyone definitely worth the money, excellent shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
M. Smith "ms" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Actually I have a good mind to give this product 1 star. It didn't last long enough ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sep 2014
absolutely gorgeous not good if your on a diet but a beautiful treat if you are

2.0 out of 5 stars Dentists nightmare, 1 Nov 2013
This rating was chosen not because of the quality of the product, though having said that the content description was somewhat misleading.
The rating is only two stars because of the very short shelf life, indeed some of the contents were only a few weeks left to consume, the longest being three months!
Apart from that the variety was a good mix although I would think hard about this selection again.