4.0 out of 5 stars Every stitch pattern you would ever need

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea BUT
Published 11 months ago by LaGrenouille

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Every stitch pattern you would ever need, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Knitting Stitches VISUAL Encyclopedia (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer) (Kindle Edition)
Amazing variety of patterns, never knew there were so many. Glossary to help if you haven't used a particular instruction before. Charts are helpful if you can understand the symbols which are explained in the glossary as well. Word of advice, buy the hard copy not Kindle version. There are no page numbers and you can only bookmark one page so it makes it tedious trying to find anything, especially if you haven't noted the name of the stitch. Also you can't copy so I've ended up writing out instructions. I've had great fun trying out about 20 of the patterns, now the problem is what to knit to use them!

5.0 out of 5 stars For keen knitters, 9 Oct. 2014
Excellent source book, which has given me lots to think about so that I can incorporate these stitches into projects. Very clear and concise with particularly clear illustrations of the stitches. If you're a keen knitter, this is a wonderful book to have in your library.

4.0 out of 5 stars clear instructions, 17 Jun. 2013
I do like this book but at the moment I am knitting baby cardigans and want patterns to insert into the plain patterns I have got . Unfortunately not many patterns in the book surfice especially the lacy ones which I particularly want as they require too many stitches. However I am working on that. I especially like the concise but clear instruction format in the book and the clarity of the pictures of every pattern sequence too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 May 2014
This is a brilliant encyclopedia of visual knitting stitches
Lots of choice of stitches in fact I think this is the only reference book I shall ever need
Beautifully written and illustrated
It is a all round winner

5.0 out of 5 stars Changes ordinary patterns into something special., 6 April 2013
One of my best buys. It encourages you to experiment with pattern.
So easy to follow and has colourful pictures of what the pattern should look like.
Just like a recipe book with full colour illustrations.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea BUT, 12 Jun. 2014
I have been looking for the perfect stitch directory and so far, haven't found it. This one has been particularly disapponting. The binding is stiff and makes it hard to leave the pages open while knitting, so it is not practical. The samples are not all well knitted, some are quite irregular. Some pages are half empty. All in all I feel the idea is good but the conception is not.

5.0 out of 5 stars patterns, 28 Jun. 2013
this book has some very nice patterns I am looking forward to trying them out soon for my grandchildrens xmas presents.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the book even thou I can't fully use it ..., 1 Nov. 2014
I am new at this and I can't read instructions so it is a bit hard for me to understand, but I mainly git it so I can see the stitch I want and google the video tutorial. I love the book even thou I can't fully use it atm, there is so much choice!
The only think I didn't like is that it took longer to arrive that I would've liked, but not too much longer

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting Stitches, 12 May 2013
I bought this for my Daughter-in-law, as she is knitting again after many years, and she had forgotten how to do certain stitches
& i thought this book would be helpful to her, I liked it so much I bought one for myself, as if you are stuck for a pattern, this book
is excellent to make up a pattern of your own

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting Stitches, 16 April 2013
Mrs. J. Whitaker "retired" (Barnsley UK) - See all my reviews
Plenty of patterns to choose from and good to have them all together in one place
for quick reference. They make a nice change from stocking stitch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›