4.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet effective
Firstly, I have to say that this camera had to be replaced after 3 weeks where the first one got stuck in some kind of a "rebooting" loop. However, I was so impressed with the original one, I opted for a replacement rather than a refund. The camera allows a complete novice to take decent photos. The instructions are not too complicated and one doesn't feel intimidated by...
Published on 12 May 2012 by Dokgolf

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, deeply disappointing experience.
I bought this to take on a six-week trip to India. Had a great couple of weeks learning to use it and taking some great shots, really getting to like the camera. Then - a week into the holiday - it stopped working. A message appeared every time I switched it on, to switch off and on again; it was essentially dead.
So, holiday of a lifetime with no camera. But at...
Published 23 months ago by Gareth

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, 3 Feb 2014
G. Carlile - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix S2980 Digital Camera (14MP, 18x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen (Electronics)
It's a great little camera especially for visually impaired people like myself as the LCD is large and zooms in quite a lot. The panorama mode is very interesting useful and it takes good pictures of my cats although it is hard to focus on black kitties! Also I payed 0.00 for it as someone had just tossed it away, unbelievable!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE RIGHT ITEM, 19 Dec 2013
ORDERED THE CAMERA ABOVE AND GOT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ONE NOT AS GOOD AS THE ONE I ORDERED 0 0

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok camera but something of a disappointment, 8 Oct 2013
Brother Ranulf (Canterbury, Kent) - See all my reviews
I bought this camera to replace my trusty Finepix S8000fd, which is sadly no longer produced - I loved that camera but it suddenly developed a fault which meant that pictures were either full of streaks (like interference on a tv screen), or the colours were confined to shades of purple, or it produced a mangled image. The cost of repair is likely to be more than buying the S2980, so I chose a new camera.

This camera has the same 18x manual zoom but at 14 mega pixels instead of 8; it is supposed to have the same dual image stabilising system and has the additional panorama facility as well as a larger screen. I was disappointed as soon as I opened the box, since the camera seems less robust and less sturdy than the S8000fd; it appears to weigh slightly less and the controls and buttons are more cramped together, meaning there is less free space for my right thumb when holding the camera. A major concern for me is the dual stabilising system which is via menu options instead of the dial and a button. Even after consulting the user's manual I could not decide exactly how to set up the dual system via the menus; it seems very confusing and due to a medical condition I rely very much on the stabiliser to prevent camera shake. I have also noticed a slightly greater delay in the shutter firing after pressing the button, even after pre-focussing, which is annoying and inconvenient when trying to capture wildlife shots.

I doubt I will ever use the panorama function, which is just as much a gimmick as the cascading screens on Windows Vista (something else I suspect nobody ever uses).

It's ok for the price but not nearly as good as my old camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for low price, 31 Aug 2013
That camera is well build and looks tough (except the flashlight, wich look a little weak). Comes with a cover for the objective lens and has good performance.

I was specting a little more shooting speed but I completely recomend that camera for general purposes, because does better pictures than normal comptact cameras. Obviously, no miracles for almost 80 , but does its job perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC FUJIFILM S2980, 20 Aug 2013
I got my camera a few days now, the sun is out and I am pointing and shooting at anything that moves, or sits on the beach.
Great camera, sits in my hand nicely, small yet not too small, stable and easy to use, plus it has this professional look, not afraid to whip it out in public.
As for the price, unless it just explodes for no reason, this camera is cheap, almost too good to be true.
I am going to buy a wider shoulder strap and a fancy case now, to top off my look as a Pro...........

PS usual stuff, came on time well packaged etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, 3 July 2013
So good and so useful. I feel amazed to have such a camera. I hope to buy one more from you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 9 Jun 2013
Mr. B. Clark (Glasgow. UK) - See all my reviews
Great little camera, great zoom can really get up close, from a distance. Small enough for a woman, My wife loves it

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 May 2013
I am not sure that I am very happy with this camera. The image quality is quite poor, dull and unexciting. I am returning this product to buy something that's a little more expensive but promises better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
Great

1.0 out of 5 stars Never trust a Hermes courier - avoid this seller until you can trust the delivery method, 4 Aug 2013
This was delivered by Hermes courier Port 93, Van 85, Drop 44. C-round 546. It was thrown over a 6 foot gate and left in the rain to soak through and get covered in slugs. The "sorry I missed you" card is completely illegible.

Now photos are precious memories - would you ever trust a camera treated that way? --- of course not! I dont' know if this camera is good or not - I am returning damp, decaying, slug-covered box to Amazon as I can never trust it.

Amazon sellers - always tell us who will deliver your sale - if it's Royal Mail - I will click "YES" as they are the only ones I now trust, any others - after this---I will probably say "NO THANKS". Don't use this seller until you can be sure they have change their courier. For Amazon - this courier can destroy your sales.

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›