on 26 July 2012
After removing all of the pre-installed bloatware (one of the few negative points i have) you have a very fast and solid performing laptop.

After reading some negative articles and opinions on Acer as a company I was a bit weary to order this laptop. The laptop, and especially the keyboard, also seemed to be of inferior build quality judging from the pictures online. However, the relatively low price for a blazing fast processor and 6GB of RAM made me still order this Acer Aspire laptop.

When I freed the laptop from its packing i was however pleasantly surprised by the design and build-quality. The laptop is slim, lightweight and the design is, albeit maybe a bit boring, sharp and professional. The plastic used is definitively not cheap and all-in-all the laptop is well built with the only negative point being a slightly wobbly screen. This is however the case with many (budget)laptops. The keyboard is quite amazing as well. Comfortable, solid and it sounds good as well.

The first boot was a tad slow, given windows had to be set up and the plethora of useless software Acer had pre-installed for me. After using "PC Decrapifier" and "Revo Uninstaller" to get rid of all the useless software and "Ninite" to install my favorite programs the laptop performed amazingly fast. Multitasking (word+photoshop+coding software+ 30 open tabs in Chrome + transferring data) goes effortless.

The HD3000 graphics chip won't play the latest game but it's more than enough for video-editing (sony vegas) or watching 1080p movies. The screen is very nice and bright, and the viewing angle is in my opinion (in contradiction with other reviews) very good or at least more than adequate. The 1.3mp webcam is also amazing. I'm coming from a 0.3mp resolution cam on my old laptop, and this is a pleasant upgrade.

The only negative points have to do with the fact that this model is still a (bit older) budget model. This means no USB 3.0, bluetooth or eSata connections, i doubt this will be a deal breaker for many tho. When the processor has lot's of tasks to do, the laptop tends to get quite warm exactly where you rest your right-hand palm which makes typing long documents a bit uncomfortable. Normally however the laptop is quiet and cool.

If you aren't a gamer, and are looking for a fast and solid laptop that isn't too heavy in weight i can whole-heartily recommend this Acer laptop.
on 26 June 2012
I got this laptop 6 months ago and so far I'm happy with it.
Occasionally I play Empire Earth, NFS ProStreet or Mafia 2 and it works just fine.

The good points:
-Great 15" screen,
-Very nice keyboard to type (but it takes time to get used to)
-3 USB ports,
-HDMI port,
-SD card reader,
-over 4 hours of battery life,
+I like the look of this laptop

The not so good points:
-heats up quickly,
-DVD is very loud,
-the speakers make crackling noise

To solve the heat issue I got a cooling mate and it is amazing, it doesn't have to be turned on to keep the laptop cool. I reckon that the gap between the laptop and the surface is too small.

Overall I would recommend this laptop to every one because not everyone gonna have the laptop turned on 18 hours a day.
on 2 March 2012
Looked around for a while before choosing this. The matte lid is attractive and the keyboard+touch-pad are comfortable to use. Useful having a number-pad too. Bought it primarily for software development and it's well-equipped for it. I would otherwise have got an i3 model as the i5 in this would have been overkill. A few niggles - glossy border around screen, moderate flex around the speaker (near the hinge), slightly wobbly hinge, and the screen is very basic with poor viewing angle.
on 30 March 2014
I am really pleased with my new laptop. I use it at home, take it with me on short stay holidays, which allows family and friends to see some of my stuff. It hasn't caused me any problems at all, so I am happy to say "Get it if you need one".
on 6 November 2012
Intel Core I5 makes all the difference in making this a really decent do anything laptop. Screen and keyboard nice and easy to use with good finish. I don't find it too heavy although note there are lighter models out there. It comes preloaded with a load of nonsense which you do well to decrapify before using but other than that can't fault it
on 3 February 2013
My husbands laptop had been getting slower and slower then I saw a special offer on amazon so de died the price was very good order the laptop and it was delivered the very next day. My husband has been very impressed with his new laptop
on 11 July 2012
Excellent performance all round.The only niggle is that I can't get the AutoFill to work even after downloading the Google toolbar.This machine has 6GB RAM and an i5 processor which has plenty of power and a turbo boost of up to 3.1 GHz Start up and close down times are super fast.
on 22 May 2012
I originally bought this from comet, was £699 down to £499. It's a fast laptop using the 2.5GHZ i5 Dual processor. It does play games although it's obviously not a gaming laptop. I have tried and tested: Dead Space 1, Assassins Creed 1 and Mass Effect 1 and they look phenominal on the HD screen and they play as good as game consoles i don't know how it would perform with recent games although at a guess i'd say it would still perform well. No problems so far, battery lasts a good 3 hours-ish, it all loads up quickly and handles alot of applications. I recommend to everyone.
on 25 September 2012
A reasonably solid machine with one serious problem: the usb ports.

Not only are the ports positioned very poorly, but after only 2 months of casual use two of the three ports are very loose, occasionally even breaking a data transfer. This can only get worse over time. If I was inside the 30 day return I would have sent it back to amazon no question.
on 30 July 2012
After doing a lot of searching for a replacement for my old acer laptop i always came back to this acer 5750 by far best value for money i decided to buy it. A week into ownership and i love it! very happy with my choice it fills all my needs and is very fast and if its anything like my old acer (which still works fine)it will still be going strong in 7 years time!