5.0 out of 5 stars hugo
The Archos 70d eReader is a great little device !
Despite it not being touch screen or WiFi, I find it's much more convenient to purchase books with my laptop and then download them onto my eReader. I can choose to buy my books from anywhere I like and providing they are in ePub format, I can use them on my Archos 70d.

It also doubles up as a multimedia...
Published 24 months ago by Lino

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad...
Published 23 months ago by L1

5.0 out of 5 stars hugo, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Archos 70d e-Reader and Multi Functional Media Player (Personal Computers)
The Archos 70d eReader is a great little device !

It also doubles up as a multimedia player, with music, video & photos, so I can read and listen to music at the same time, if I like. Also very lightweight and compact !

All in all, I'm very pleased with it, beats all other eReaders (including the most well know one..) hands down..
Would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO USE AND CONVENIENT, 7 Oct 2012
Eleni - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I wanted an e-book reader for some time and I am very happy I finally got this one.

The size is perfect as it resembles a paperback, it is really very light and easy to hold. The text rotates, so you can hold it in any way you want, switch hands and always have the very comfortable buttons left or right, depending on which hand you use. The screen is very clear, with adjustable brightness and I can read for hours without getting tired. Also, both the font size and colour are adjustable which is great, and as a dyslexic person I found the fact that I can actually change font and background colours really useful.

The Archos reads both epub and pdf formats and it is extremely easy to download the books on the e-reader. Also, the e-reader had some classic novels installed which was I nice bonus.

I basically wanted a good reliable e-book reader and I didn't much care about its media player function. Indeed it is a fantastic e-book reader, but I also discovered that its sound quality is perfect for music and audio books and also it can beautifully play films.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad..., 16 May 2012
I just bought the archos 70d e-reader. Why didn't i bought a kindle you will ask... The reason is that i like reading my epub and pdf files without having to convert them! The conversion is not always perfect so i just needed to read my damn files as they are! And the archos does just that. It's very easy to use, you simply drag and drop your files and you're ready to go! It also supports audio and video files but that wasn't something i was interested in anyway.

Now the bad things... The buttons aren't realy comfy. Too small to press easily. And of course the big "BUT", the screen is an Lcd, not e-ink, and though at first i didn't think i would mind a lot, now i start to mind cause it gets pretty tiresome after the first hour of reading. I already dicreased the brightness to the minimum but it just isn't enough.

If you're looking to buy an e-reader that supports epub and pdfs, that's the only reason to prefer this one. But even if that's the case, i would check a sony reader first if i were you. The screen thing is pretty serious...

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of advice, 13 Feb 2013
If you want to buy one of these but only have mobi files download a program called calibre its an ebook management program that lets you convert files from mobi to say epub or pdf, hey presto problem solved

4.0 out of 5 stars Archos 70d e-reader, 2 July 2012
As an e-book reader, reading E-PUB files, I haven't found an issue yet, but when reading PDF documents it does omit some of the content when the user wants to zoom in, usually the numbered points.
The additional Micro SD card slot is very useful to bulk load documents for my hobby (PDF format), so it saves on carrying around a more expensive I-POD or PC. The sound reproduction is OK, though I'll stick to my MP3 player. The photo display is good, allowing for slide show periods to be selected if required.
All in all a good buy, worth the money

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT SUPPORT MOBI FILES!, 11 Oct 2012
I was thoroughly unimpressed with this kit! I ordered it for my husbands birthday on 8th October, I ordered it on 3 day expiditred delivery, it took a week to show up. And when it did eventually get here we discovered that contrary to the product description, it DOES NOT SUPPORT MOBI FILES. Kind of useless when you have a library full of kindle books. My advice to everyone - don't trust Amazon to get it right, always check the manufacturers website and their own description. Archos can support Mobi Files but it is the TABLET that does, not the e-reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons Christmas pressy, 27 Dec 2012
This was brought for my grandson for Christmas it was brill,he was thrilled to bits and will get plenty of use.

4.0 out of 5 stars FOR THE YOUNG AT HEART, 17 Aug 2012
nat "nat" (Newcastle uponTyne) - See all my reviews
The tablet buttons matched the tablet so well that I could not clearly see them.... feel rather than see. The manual was very poorly "illustrated" and did not give a diagram, instead a very poor over-exposed photograph of the tablet. Trying to read in strong sunlight was very difficult. I feel sure than a younger person would soon suss it all out and enjoy its facilities. I'm almost 80 years of age! The feel of the tablet is good and the pictures bright and colourful...... Amazon understood my problem and suggested an ebook reader, e.g. Kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rip off - do not purchase!, 3 Jun 2013
I was given an ARCHOS 70d eReader - 4GB - it was impressive to start with but after a month or so my computer could not connect to it, the USB port was very wonky. Eventually it could not be charged either so now it's just a dead chunk of plastic. The worst part is Archos' complete and utter denial of all responsibility - I have phoned, emailed and written to them and they will not, in any way, repair or replace it; once they have your money you are dead to them. Robbing bunch of gangsters and a sketchy product. Do not fall into this trap, do NOT buy any Archos products.

ARRAY(0xb60ba534)