4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but bulky
Published 13 months ago by Ms. D. T. Mann

2.0 out of 5 stars I Really Don't Know Where To Start...
This is not my first pushchair and I consider myself competent when it comes to following instructions and putting things together. Within five minutes, this pushchair had me desperately trying to stop from swearing as my three year old daughter was in the next room.

I'll go straight to a list of pros and cons and then elaborate on a few of them...
Published 7 months ago by Matt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but bulky, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System (Oxford) (Baby Product)
I bought this for my grand-daughter to replace an old second hand silver cross that had ceased to function. My daughter loves it, it's easy to put up and down, easy to navigate and has lots of storage space underneath, much more than the silver cross. On the downside, it does take up a lot of room, it just about fits in the car boot (she has a vw polo) if you stand it on its side, and takes up quite a bit of room in the hallway. It is also a bit difficult to navigate around some shops, but then it does beg the question whether shops should be doing more to accommodate them, given that the width is comparable to a wheelchair.....? I also bought the matching base unit for the car, which is a godsend - however, as with other reviewers I have to agree that the car seat is much too upright and does tip the baby forward, even more so when in the car. Luckily my GD is almost 3 months old now, so is able to keep her head lifted when awake: but she does look incredibly uncomfortable when asleep, as her head tilts almost completely sideways, which can't be good for her neck! Another design flaw is on the car seat and pram hoods - they don't stay put at the back when you pull them forward, and there is a gap between them if you use both at the same time, which means the baby is never completely protected from some of the arctic winds we get at this time of year unless you also use the raincover, which is impractical. One last thing that I have to question, and which seems quite ridiculous when you think about it, is at what stage in the design phase did anyone measure how big an actual baby is? I ask because, as other reviewrers have pointed out, the carry cot only fits a baby up to around 2 months old! She now has to sit in the car seat until she is old enough to sit upright in the pushchair, and as I've already mentioned this is not really practical with a newborn. So, I'm giving the system a 4 out of 5 as my daughter seems to like it - however, had it been mine, I would give it less. Come on Graco, you're supposed to be world renowned! I would suggest you go back to the drawing board - and try testing the pram out on actual real-life babies before making it available it to the public.

4.0 out of 5 stars A big beast but great value for money!, 12 Oct. 2014
Mr. J. A. Smith "thetoot" (Blackwell) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This travel system offers excellent value for money.

The buggy comes with a carrycot attachment, which does look a little bit like a baby sarcophagus as it is very angular and quite deep, but I think for a winter baby it would be very snug, safe and warm. This is a really good feature of the system, as many buggys can't be used from birth as they do 't recline fully. Our little one is past this stage, so beyond having a go with assembling it, which was easy to do, we haven't tested it much.

Also included is a stage 0 car seat which can come straight from the car onto the pushchair. We haven't extensively tested this as our little one is past this stage, but I can say I WISH I had had this when she was tiny as there is nothing worse than waking a sleeping baby by getting them out of their snug car seat when you want to get some shopping done, and you can always guarantee they won't go back to sleep again!

The main buggy part has a generous under seat storage basket, which can be accessed without disturbing baby as the side lifts down, this is really handy if you are doing a shopping trip, as one too many bags balanced on the handles is a recipie for a tipped over buggy!

The seat part is comfortable and padded, and there is a little lap tray with space for a drink/ carton of juice and snacks or toys. My little one thought this was fantastic as her other buggy, a bugaboo bee, has nothing so posh! There is a hood and footrest too, but there is no rain over or cosy-toes type attachment for not so nice days.

The handle is an all in one bar, which means it can be steered one handed, it also includes a cup holder and digital clock/ thermometer, which, although not essential are a really nice feature! The buggy is plain black, and while it isn't that exciting, it is simple and goes with everything!

Overall this is very good value for money, when considering it is 1/3 price of the buggy we have, and while that is a little smoother ride, smaller fold up and lighter frame, The carrycot, seat and even cup-holder all have to be bought separately.

My only gripes are:
1 I wish it came with a rain cover
2 it is pretty huge when folded so if you have a small car you may want to check it fits in your boot before you buy, and if you travel on public transport, I would go for something lighter and ore collapsible!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget friendly travel system, 17 Dec. 2014
This is a great budget friendly travel system. I find that it is a great pushchair to push around - I can push it very easily one handed. And my baby has always looked very comfortable in both the car seat attachment and the pushchair seat. It is absolutely brilliant in the fact that it literally does take only one hand to put up and down which means it can be done whilst holding your little one. I find the pushchair seat is nice and easy to lay flat or sit up and the fact that it has 4 different positions means you can always make sure your baby is comfortable. The downsides to this travel system is that it is on the big side. I also find tge the shopping basket underneath a bit fiddly to open. Furthermore I feel like it won't be long before a wheel falls off as where they connect to the pushchair does feel a little flimsy, that being said I have happily taken the pushchair off road and it has faired very well. Overall I would definitely recommend this travel system!

4.0 out of 5 stars a sturdy feeling, if somewhat bulky all-in-one, 23 Sept. 2014
L. Hardt (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A slightly alarming volume of fabric and plastic out of the box, but it was a nice surprise to find that the whole uwas more or less assembled already, save the wheels and the seat tray. (Be ready for a fiddly few minutes attaching the rear wheel pins.) Once together, the size of the thing was slightly imposing, but it’s not outrageously heavy overall. The various modes of pram/ pushchair/ stroller are actually quite ingenious and easy to navigate through. And the carry cot looks like it will be a welcome home for the littlest stage of baby. That said, I can’t see how you would put the cot in the pram without disturbing/ waking/ damaging your baby, seeing that you have to slide it in at quite an abrupt angle.

Also slightly irritating that despite all the fabric (and there is a lot of fabric going on), there are still gaps in the hood cover that will only be sorted by using the (not included) rain cover.

Collapsing and folding is easy with a one twist handle action, but be warned, it doesn’t lock into place when collapsed. It’ll take up a fair amount of boot space in your average hatchback, but if it gets in, it gets in. Luggage can stay at home. The car seat is very sturdy and holds its own as a stand-alone unit, even though it doesn’t feature isofix.

Usage wise, it’s a manoeuvrable enough unit. The brakes feel a little flimsy and need to lock into gear before fully attached. Also, big footed parents may struggle to find the brake pedals easily. Another minor quibble is that I still can’t quite figure out if the handle position can be adjusted, as per the instructions. (I don’t think it can). The wheels look a bit plasticky at first, but maybe that’s just because you expect rubber tires on something this size. There’s also a temperature gauge that, as a new parent, I instantly binned off on the grounds that it looked a bit like a free digital alarm clock.

Overall, a sturdy feeling, if somewhat bulky all-in-one that is easy enough to use but may frustrate at some stage.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Tank Mark 2?, 14 Sept. 2014
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions when we took this out of the box was that it is extremely similar (if not nearly identical in design) to the very first pushchair/travel system we had with our first born which was called the Mothercare Trenton Deluxe and which they have since ceased producing with most parents preferring a more compact pushchair/travel system. I loved the Trenton when we had it as I had chosen that pushchair for it's sturdy design and very large shopping basket as I did most of my travelling by foot then and we lovingly called it "The Tank". Funnily enough and I don't know if this could be a reason for the similarity in design but when we bought the Trenton which also came with a soft carrycot and infant car seat we were told by Mothercare to purchase Graco Junior Baby Car Seat Base (Black) as Mothercare themselves didn't have their own car seat base to go with it and I wonder if somewhere the two brands are linked somehow?

Anyway onto the pushchair/travel system itself. The pushchair comes with a soft carrycot and infant car seat but a pet hate of mine with British pushchairs is that it doesn't come with a raincover and you have to buy this separately. Why when Britain rains nearly 12 months of the year a raincover is not included baffles me. The pushchair is very sturdy and robust and there is a definite weight to it in a good way as in you don't feel like it will tip with a bit of shopping on the back. The shopping basket is one of it's best features as it is huge and you can really pack a fair bit in it. The seat is reasonably padded and has the standard 5 point safety harness system that all pushchairs have now. The pram has a temperature gauge/clock which the Trenton also had and to be honest I didn't use as found it a bit pointless if I am being entirely honest. There is no sunglasses case with the pram I have which is strange as the box the pram came in shows it and if I look at the cup holder/parent tray which has the temperature gauge/clock on it has the square outlines on it where the holes would go for the sunglasses part to click into it. I know this as the Quattro Tour Deluxe is pretty much exactly the same design as the Mothercare Trenton was and I know how it obviously all worked on that model. I can only assume Graco decided to stop supplying the sunglasses case but surely they should update their images to remove this?

The pushchair is a one handed close which you do get used to after a while and you can lower the back of the shopping basket with the handle on it to make getting your shopping in and out of the basket easier. The hood has a parent viewing window in it which again is exactly the same as the Trenton was and it is almost like having the Trenton back again but with Graco stamped all over it instead of Mothercare - sorry but it is very deja-vu for me and my hubby but not in a bad way as we have very fond memories of our firstborn in the Trenton. The instructions could be confusing and I could see how for anyone new to this style of travel system but my husband managed to build the pram quite easily but I suspect this was because he knew how to from past experience. The infant car seat is brilliant and very well padded and if you haven't I would consider getting an infant car seat base as it makes life so much easier when you are getting the car seat in and out of the car all the time. I wouldn't not have a base with an infant car seat now I know how good they are.

A good pushchair/travel system which is ideal for if you tend to do a lot of walking and shopping etc on foot and it's tank like design does give a sense of security for your little one. If you are looking for an all in one travel system then I will be honest in that you can't go wrong with this other than if you intend on using it alongside a small vehicle. It is a very beefy pram even folded and takes up most of the car boot so something to think about if you intend to use the car a lot as it is not the most compact of prams. We ended up buying a separate buggy when we had the Trenton as we literally couldn't fit the pram folded into our car we had at the time (Ford KA) so I would consider what size car you have before purchasing this pram too if you intend on using it with the car and I would veer away if you have a small car such as a KA or mini.

One final point and that is that the very first image in the product images is for a completely different pram and I have raised this with Amazon from everything from the cross bar and small footrest and different adjustable handle it is not this pram. The four following pictures are of this pram so please ignore the first if there are still 5 product pictures when you are considering this pram.

2.0 out of 5 stars I Really Don't Know Where To Start..., 26 Aug. 2014
Matt (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Pros:

It seems to be adequately comfortable for a baby.
The storage basket is pretty big.
Easy to unfold.

Cons:

Quite a few times the instructions don't match with the pushchair.
It's absolutely enormous.
It feels quite flimsy.
There seems to be much more material than necessary, it's always getting in the way.
The design has been dramatically over thought.
No catch to lock the system when folded down.

So that's the list. I really can't think of another pro and the ones I have thought of don't really need any explanation. Picking apart the cons...

The instructions don't match the pushchair: There are certain accessories that come with certain models. The instructions don't differentiate between models, don't explain which accessories should come with which model and, in my case, list something as included when I actually don't have it. The installation of the carry-cot shows that it should clip to the pushchair with a loop of plastic but on my pushchair, there is no loop, just a solid bit of plastic that doesn't marry with the catch on the carry-cot.

Also, the instructions clearly explain how to press a button in order to adjust the height of the handle. This button does not exist on the pushchair I have. If you look at the default product image on Amazon you can clearly see the button. Now look at the next picture down. Can you see it there? I assume there are either two products that are being mixed up or there is an older and newer version the instructions don't match.

The size: As a pushchair it really is pretty big. It looks like one of those systems that carries two children, one on top of the other, but it doesn't. Folded down it's still huge and there is nothing you can do to shrink it. On my first pushchair (a Quinny Buzz 3) there was a quick release mechanism on the wheels that meant the frame tucked away and was very small. Even if you could quickly take the wheels off this pushchair it would make little difference. We recently upgraded to a bigger car as we needed the space. This pushchair all but fills the boot. We literally can't get any cases or bags around it, we would just about be able to stuff a few things around the sides and front.

It's flimsy: The main seat reclines through four positions; including lying flat (which I think you would mainly use when you fix the carry-cot into the frame). Every time I adjust the angle of the back it feels like there's only cloth holding it on and it may come off in my hand. This is also where the extra material comes in. It's not easy to get to the handle on the back to adjust the recline position and when you do, excess fabric from the hood gets in the way so you have to stop, shuffle it back and then try to recline again.

Over thought design: The only system I can compare this to is the Quinny Buzz 3 which really isn't fair because that's more than double the price of this pushchair. However, having seen them both in action I can't help but think it would have been so easy to design a much simpler version of this pushchair that still does all the same things and doesn't take up my entire boot/most of my hallway.

I've never done this with a product I've received through Amazon Vine before but I'm going to try to send this system back as it's just too big to put anywhere without causing disruption in my house. I cannot recommend this travel system.

1.0 out of 5 stars 12 weeks in and I've given up on it, 29 Oct. 2013
My son is now 12 weeks old and have had to buy a new pushchair. The carrycot is quite small and my son is quite long and has been too big for it since about 8 weeks old. Even when using the seat in the fully reclined position this doesn't give anymore length. Considering the size of the pushchair (extremely large, I have an estate car and it takes up over half the boot, with the carrycot the whole boot) I would expect it to accommodate a large baby.
It is a very bulky pushchair. The swivel wheels make it more manageable in shops, but the size means we end up destroying shops crashing into displays.
When folding and unfolding the pushchair the fabric tends to get in the way, meaning I have to open it half way, sort out the fabric and then open it the remainder of the way.
Raincover is difficult to get on and off, taking a good few minutes to get on. (Not ideal for sudden down pours!)
I do like the carseat, we have the base which means easy loading into the car. And the base is at an affordable price.
I have now given in an bought a stroller suitable from birth which I believe will be much easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing buggy, highly recommend!, 11 Dec. 2014
Best pushchair ever! Although it is very big its so so sturdy, the car seat is easy to attach on to the pushchair which is great. You can adjust the handle bar, another bonus is the HUGE collapsable basket underneith! Makes it so easy to get bags in & out, easiest buggy I've ever had to fold up, and for such a bug buggy folds up smallish, but luckily it isn't squeeze to get into smaller cars (I have an 03 Clio) & I fitted mine & my friends maxi cosy pushchair in my boot :)
Honestly I would highly recommend this buggy, I had a emergency c-section with my baby & as it is so light to push & easy to collapse I was able to go for short walks. Big 5 stars!!! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars No words to describe it..., 30 Aug. 2014
Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The 84-page manual for the pushchair part, let alone the extra one for the car seat, is irritatingly unhelpful. Warnings a plenty are given in English but the rest is pictures/ cartoons only with just one written word, a misspelt `Clik'. These drawings don't always relate to the version you are grappling with anyway so are even more annoying. For a busy family the question is, how quickly can I get this up and running, you realise in the end you will get to grips with it, but first impressions are important. That is where the Graco presents problems.

This big beast was a brute to build. It was a challenging job, which had us tearing our hair out. Three bright brains together couldn't work it out, - The tiny push through pins that hold the wheels on are the devil to affix. Unpacking all the accoutrements - covers, snack trays, cup holders, axles, washers, plastic connectors, wheels, even wine bottle carrier, (we thought), temperature control displays, clock; all it lacked were a speedo, miles travelled and revs. In fact, I think this travel system/vehicle thinks it's an estate car. It's nearly as wide. And the only way to get good use out of it, avoiding the need to fight it into submission, would be to keep it ready made, in a garage.

Our littlest grandson looked on with interest as his luxury chariot took shape. His mother approved of the large stowage area beneath the seat, which meant she wouldn't wake him when she was putting stuff in. Also mother approved of the seamless transfer system from car seat aboard the car to push chair outside. His father was less impressed at the idea of fitting the folded chair in the back of a normal sized family car. Where it took up most of the space available.

The colouring is city smart, if solid black is to your taste. I think some reflective strips would be in order, you'd want the pushchair to be obvious to traffic.

Yes the seat/frame collapses flat, well it did once, and then we found very tricky to repeat. Folding with one hand can be done, with practice, it took some sorting. The cover is weird, a sort of Black Maria for babies, celebrity blackout screen, terrifying, I should think for a baby who would be unable to see out when it rained and it was pulled over him. Only a sinister thin slit to let the light in.

The cover was a law unto itself, feebly secured with Velcro dots that gave way in the slightest breeze, a sort of sack that hung behind the handle was so lightly attached it couldn't safely hold a handkerchief. The action most commonly performed over a child in a chair is a quick pull over of a rain cover `roof' but this one just falls over the baby and leaves a great gap behind... In this case, apparently not fit for purpose.

Overthought, overwrought, not properly tested, sadly not user friendly, a lot of sturdy metal and cloth, big wheels, big ideas. No need for all these extras, as in modern new cars, the 'technology' and extra bells and whistles can be baffling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 26 Feb. 2014
I had a Graco travel system with my first baby and it was quite ugly to be honest. I sold it unused and ended up buying a cosatto stroller and instantly regretted it. I am yet to find a mid priced travel system that can live up to the standard of a Graco. I have opted for this model for my second baby as it is more aesthetically pleasing than the model I bought last time.
First of all I cannot believe this is so cheap! Even in baby events at supermarkets you are paying double for this travel system. Packaged really well and delivered in 3 days so cannot complain about that. All parts were in the box.
The pram itself is, well, huge BUT manoeuvrable and sturdy. I struggled lifting it out of the box being pregnant but I don't drive so won't be lifting it a lot. At the top is the parent tray. What I didnt realise is of you press any buttons on it then it switches on and I can't find any way to turn off the LCD display which is a pain as I don't need to use this for 3 months so I could be potentially wasting the battery power. Do not throw away the bits of currogated plastic board inside the carry cot as these are needed later. Other than that the instructions are simple except putting the back wheels on is a pain because there are strong metal pins to secure the wheels onto the axle which I cannot put in without hurting my fingers so going to ask my other half to do that. I bought separate compatible cosy toes, raincover, changing bag and parasol with mine from different manufacturers and I think if I was paying full price I would want these to be included. The instructions include directions for the raincover even though it isn't included which is confusing as there are also ibstructions for a footmuff which it clearly says is an optional extra. It doesn't say the raincover is an optional extra so not sure why they have chosen not to include it. What IS included is head hugger and liners and shoulder pads for the pushchair and also a zip on extension for the canopy which would provide extra shade in the sun. Not sure why people seem to think it is too small to be honest as I have had other brands of pushchair and these are easily the biggest. The carry cot is only meant for the first few weeks anyway until your baby is ready to look at the world. Very pleased overall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System (Oxford)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available