Colour: Oxford|Change
Price:£169.00 - £339.98

on 26 July 2012
I bought this buggy as I was expecting our 2nd daughter in April and my eldest was 2 yrs and 2 months old so we needed to be able to get places and also have the convenience of her being able to nap in it if needed which is why we didn't just buy something for her to stand on at the back. We didn't like the Phil and Teds as we wanted both children to be able to see and we didn't want to worry about catching the youngest child when we walked.

I am only small (5ft 1in) so I needed something easy to steer and push and assemble as I am completely impatient and so are both my girls.

To assemble the buggy you just push a clip and it unfolds and all you have to do is hold onto the main handle and it all clips into place for you. To collapse it down there is a small plastic button on the handle which you push to the side and up (so if you catch it by accident it doesn't collapse at inconvenient times). You just have to make sure the front wheels are facing forwards like when you walk in a straight line.

It feels sturdy and is very smooth to push and steer. With both my girls in weighing around 3 stone on top of the pushchair it doesn't feel heavy at all. The only times I find it heavy is pushing it down hill I have to hold on very tight, walking up hills and then pushing the back down to get up a curb. This only feels heavy when I have both children in which is completely unavoidable as this is because of their weight.

I do find it a little awkward when collapsed to get in the boot of our car but that is because I have short arms and I am a big wimp. My husband who only weighs 11 stone and always tells me he doesn't have any upper body strength does not have any problems at all.

I worried about the front seat for the older child wouldn't be right for my daughter to sleep in but she has nodded off several times in it and I have just laid her seat back down. The smaller childs seat is brilliant for my youngest, if I am shopping or going back to the car shortly I can just clip our Graco car seat in easily and she sits and faces me and I just unclip it to put it back in the car. The seat for her when not in her car seat is perfect for her needs.

We also bought the Graco rain cover which we got for £15 and it fits it beautifully (it took a little working out as the first couple of times we had it on the wrong way round)

I think with anything you just have to be realistic, a tandem is going to be heavier than a single pushchair. I would recommend it to anyone with young children.

I hope some of you find this useful.
33 comments|184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2011
There are many double buggies out there that are pretty, fashionable, stylish and overpriced! This buggy is practical, it is not flashy, it doesn't boast alloy wheels, interchangeable seating options or other ridiculous added extras.
A double buggy should be practical for the needs of someone with two children ( as obvious as that seems many people, including designers seem oblivious to this). This buggy is sturdy, it copes well with larger children as well as smaller ones. The harnesses are easily adapted to suit from birth to upto 3 years. It also copes well with the addition of a buggy board on the back.
There is ample storage space in the basket, with many access points. The basket is strong enough to accommodate larger bottles and heavy shopping, and doesn't upset the balance or stability of the buggy. Obviously the more you put under the buggy the harder it will become to push, that said it is still very manageable.
The brake is easy to operate, and holds well unlike some other models. As for comfort, I can only say that my two are always falling sound asleep in it, and the harnesses keep them secure and stop them 'flopping' forward.
Some people complain that this type of buggy veers into the road, any buggy of this type, and some single buggies veer into the road, it comes with the territory. The heavy weight at the front and slant on kerbs make it harder to keep straight, that said, it is a lot easier than managing the side-by-side buggies, where they pull to the side of the heavier child.
I have five children, and I have been through 11 buggies as I don't drive I rely on my buggy. I have complete faith in this buggy, and it suits my families needs very well!

The only negative thing is that it doesn't come with a rain cover, but taking into consideration that some buggies you can buy don't come with all the seats for the original price, it is of little concern really!
on 15 September 2012
this tandem buggy is much nicer than it looked, I'm very happy with it, the price is fantastic I'm over the moon my twins can sit back and relax in comfort its heavy but I'd be worried if it wasn't.
on 6 July 2014
Initially I would have never considered this pushchair, I was preoccupied looking at very expensive twin travel systems as I presumed these would be superior and better for what I wanted. I could not find what I was looking for and decided to 'settle' for this pushchair in a last ditch attempt with only weeks before baby number 2 due. I am so glad that I 'settled' for this pram. It is amazing. I cannot get over how cheap it is, and I feel that it is definitely worth every penny and more. I have a 19 month old who sits happily in the front seat. The back seat reclines fully flat. I also bought the compatible car seat which is extremely lightweight and clips in really easily. I cannot imagine now spending six times the amount on a travel system. One thing I did do, was buy a Maclaren Techno XLR Soft Carrycot to fit into it (now I am sure this would go against advice but I was willing to give it a try as it was in a sale cheap and thought why not). Now this carrycot fits in perfectly and is a great way to make this an all singing all dancing pram perfect for a newborn (Graco do not do a soft carrycot for this pram). If I were to use the pram for a newborn just in the reclined seat, I would definitely buy some kind of newborn insert with a head hugger or something, but the seat does fully recline flat and makes a huge space for the baby at the back. Thumbs up Graco, I am glad my pram snobbery didn't get in the way in the end, as this pram is excellent and rivals any high end system.
11 comment|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2013
Is a lovely colour, but on box it says 6-36 months but when I bought it it was described as birth to 36 months, so have had to order the baby seat for my Grandaughter
on 2 September 2015
I purchased this to cater for my now 10 month old and his 18 month old nephew for when grandma looks after them both.

Out of the box it was set up in under 5 minutes. It folds flat with ease however it is large and just gets in the boot of a 2008 crossover with the front hood removed. Folding back out is so simple.

The basket is a brilliant size and the two seats are very comfy and secure.

Steering is not much heavier than my Bugabo Chameleon and of course being a single file double buggy gets through doors with ease.

At the time of purchase I paid £110 and I feel like I have robbed Graco at that price. Many other doubles I looked at where twice the price and this doesn't lack quality or ease of use over the others.

All in all one of the best buys for two little ones and combined with a rain hood you are all set.

In the box you get the buggy, two trays, two hoods, a front foot muff and the usual instructions and warning leaflets.
on 24 November 2011
Super easy to fold up and down. Can do it with one hand. Folds down to a good size. Excellent storage space underneath. I like that when my 3mth old is ready to sit up he will be able to see out unlike those other double pushchairs where the second seat is at the back underneath. It is a bit heavy to push esp with a 3mth old and a toddler in it but it is very smooth and easy to turn so it could be worse... I think the seats are a bit small, esp for my toddler, but i guess for the compact size of the pram and the ease of getting about with 2 kids I can overlook that. Overall I'm really happy I chose this pram.
on 8 April 2015
This is my THIRD double buggy!! I have a one year old and a 2 and a half year old. My previous two were side by side, the first too bulky and the second a very expensive brand was too flimsy and too small for my older son.

I'd stayed away from tandems thinking they'd be too cumbersome and now I wish I'd had this one all along!! Great price, sturdy, folds flat.
Plenty of space for each child.

Love it!!
on 6 September 2010
This stroller is extremely good value, easy to use and comfortable for the kids. The harnesses are good and easy to use, the only thing is it is quite heavy and large. It's easy to control and maneuver, it is great.
on 28 February 2014
i loved the double pushchair it was very useful for both my children and shopping, delivery was good too i still have the doublepushchair in good condition i would recommend to anyone, its a great company and has quality