on 26 March 2013
Good little camera, quality picture and can take a battering and a good soaking, but the shutter speed can be a little slow, it could be just me though!
on 26 April 2013
A great camera takes pictures and videos easily, my only problem is I find that the battery life doesn't last very long
on 19 July 2013
I bought this camera for underwater use and although it is only 3meters water proof I found that this wasn't restricting when diving on my own breath (holding my breath). The main reason I bought this camera over others was its easy navigation that can even be used under water without much problem, it is also full to the brim with nice features such as, panorama, high speed shooting (only in 3 megapixels) at a good rate of shots per second, motion shots, and other scene shooting modes.
The camera produced great pictures in and out of water and the zoom although limiting was not a problem. The only problem with this camera was the battery life but I did manage to take over 100 photos in a hole day at a squeeze (the camera would last a hole day but no longer at high use).

My advice for camera users would be to get a better battery and have a practice with the features because the camera is a 5 out of 5 for me :).
on 30 July 2013
I have just had the second olympus mju tough fail me in the water. The first camera was replaced free under warranty, the second has just failed due to water ingress. Once they stop working outside warranty - that's it - on to the scrap heap with £200 of camera.
on 22 January 2014
We wanted something to use underwater and still compact enough to carry around and use generally. This camera is perfect for it. We used it scuba diving in Egypt and got some great pictures and the camera is still fine for normal use. It did need rinsing occasionally in fresh water to remove the salt residue but we did it daily after use and its still working great. My parents loved it too as its quite easy to use and functional so we bought them one as well and they love theirs too. I would thoroughly recommend it if you lke taking reasonable pictures like family holidays but dont consider yourself David Bailey. Its a good little digital camera for those less tech savvy or clumsy too as its shockproof so the kids can play with it in the pool.
on 2 September 2014
We had the previous model of this and loved it! So after a few years, there was no question that we would replace it with the updated version. However, from the get go we were dismayed with the use of it. We thought that the buttons were hard to push, and there seemed to be a slow reaction time when we took pictures. When using it in the water, it was hard to tell if we even had taken the picture or not! Then, to top it all off just after a year of owning the camera (i.e. not under warranty), the flap that keeps the battery and memory card popped open while my friend was swimming with it, ruining the camera (but thankfully the memory card was in tact). Overall, very unimpressed and will not be going to the next model!
on 24 January 2013
This was purchased as niether my wife nor I wanted to keep risking our more delicate digital cameras with two young children around or when out and about in poor weather. The camera arrived in time to be used in the snow and was dropped (not quite deliberately!) and worked perfectly. The resolution on the screen is fine and the camera itself is pretty self explanatory. There are a number of effects that you can add to your photos which are fun but you can still adjust the normal settings for use in pretty much all light conditions, which is great. The battery does not take long to charge but I've seen better battery life elsewhere. I was also a little concerned that it initially appeared that you have to connect the thing to your pc to charge it but it comes with an ac adapter which, I feel, gives more flexibility. I read many reviews of this type of camera. I looked at the Panasonic equivalent as my wife's compact is by them and it has been excellent. The reviews, however, (for this budget at any rate) put the Olympus in front and I have no regrets about my purchase. This will be coming on holiday with us, into the pool and the sea and wherever else we get to. Very happy.
on 19 October 2013
Great camera. Easy to use. Tough and survives being dropped! Good for children to use. Good range of editing tools eg remove red eye, cropping etc
on 16 September 2013
Wanted waterproof camera for holiday and pool/beach
Overall takesfloodd photos and has many preset options making it easy to use.
Took some really clear and bright in pool and underwater photos but after a couple of dips in the pool the lens fogged up and the battery compartment was damp had to put into bag of rice to dry out for a couple of days before I could use again.
For infrequent use really good but need to allow drying time between uses.
on 30 June 2013
I use this camera for canoe trips and it's nice to be able to use it to get some nice river shots with being afraid of damaging it. On the down side, the time between pressing the shutter release and the photo actually being taken is depressingly slow (which is why I didn't award it five stars), but you get used to this and I'm delighted with the results so far. Also, the extra features are nice to play around with if you want to experiment.