5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality food CHEAPER THAN SUPERMARKET BRANDS!
Published 15 months ago by Laura J.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed with this product - you get a lot ...
Not impressed with this product - you get a lot of dust at the bottom of the bag, unlike equivalent products such as James Wellbeloved. These biscuits are also greasier to handle than the JW. And they are made by Nestle, so that's a no brainer due to their babymilk marketing!
Published 11 months ago by kitmerlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality food CHEAPER THAN SUPERMARKET BRANDS!, 10 Mar. 2014
I first brought this cat food on recommendation. I use it for my 4 and a half year old, female, sterilised cat. She had previously always been fed on supermarket brands such as Whiskas and has always suffered some digestive complaints. However, as soon as switching to Pro Plan I noticed a MASSIVE difference. It has helped her digestion return to normal (and now the litter tray isn't overpowering!), her coat is silky and smooth and she has also lost weight. Initially I thought that the feeding guide on the back of the pack was a bit extreme and I felt that I wasn't feeding her enough, however the amount stated is absolutely plenty. I divide the recommended about across two servings, one in the morning and one in the evening (roughly 12 hours apart). I do the exact same for my 9 month kitten, who is currently being fed the 'Junior' Pro Plan and they are both in great shape.

This food actually works out cheaper than supermarket brands such as Whiskas and GoCat because you actually feed the cat a smaller amount. It may cost more gram for gram but you don't need to feed as much so it lasts a lot longer. I have had two bags of this food since October so I think it lasts for a good amount of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small dry food that cat seems to like, 9 Jan. 2014
Got it when it was sold for £12 for 3 kg bag. Since then price has rocketed. Ben can't get enough. Noticed that it is not so dark oily or stinky as other cheaper foods. Stopped the Felix and was working out costly plus Ben, hairy face never seemed to be full on the jelly pouches. He is now 9 months old and now gets this food x2 a day and seems happy on it. I would hope so as it is still not cheap food! The back of pack says 55 days food for a 3 kg cat, though if my husband (silly generous) or Ben had his way it would all be gone in about 20 days! Still tricky to see exactly how much protein is in it, as it listed the ingredients in a peculiar way. Not fishy smelling at all. Good I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for my 3 cats!, 22 Feb. 2015
D miles "Vicky40" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
My cats can't get enough of this! They have wet food as well as dry, but often leave some of the wet, in order to leave room for the ProPlan with Optirenal. I always make sure that there are a couple of bowls of this food down, especially at night, as it is always gone by the morning! I try to vary it with other dried foods, which are eventually eaten, but only after the ProPlan Optirenal bowl has been emptied. I hope they never stop making this, because I don't know what I would buy instead...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: PRO PLAN Cat ADULT with OPTIRENAL Rich in Chicken 10kg (Misc.)
Finding a dry cat food that all four of my cats liked was a difficult task. However, this one is great quality and liked by them all. I would recommend to anyone. Great price and fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 8 Mar. 2013
excellent been paying 49.99 for this bargain to your door following day !cant complain great service highly reccomend this is an excellent buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it, 20 Jun. 2014
I can't speak for the taste myself, but our old (16) feline pal loves it.

Have been buying Pro Plan for many, many years. Probably doesn't make much difference but I always have a different flavour each time I order a new bag (just a human thing!); probably, unlikely the cat cares!

I do find however that he seems to enjoy this flavour more then the chicken, again I would think each cat is different.

The main thing I like though is the good price (about £38) for this 10KG bag. That works out to be about £3.80 per KG. This stuff is selling on other well known sites for double the 'Per KG" price in 3KG bags. Of course, buying from Amazon (even smaller bags) will still save a whole lot more than some other well known pet supply shops.

I'm happy, our beautiful cat is happy. All good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat love it, 31 Dec. 2013
My cat loves pro plan having changed to this recently i have found my cats more satisfied and his overall fitness seems a lot better .no tummy upsets and his coat looks shiny.it promotes healthy kidneys and is full of vitamins helping cats live longer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and appreciated by the little one., 23 Oct. 2013
The cat does not like some brands, but this one she loves it, and the price is good. I highly recommend the brand and the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine product, very good value and the cats love it!, 25 May 2015
My cats came from a voluntary branch of Cats Protection (recommended) at the start of the year (2015) and this is the dry food that they were on at the foster carers. I believe they get it in bulk from head office. I had fed my previous cats Royal Canin which is a very good quality food but as the present cats had been through a lot I thought I would stick to the same food as they had been fed to keep change to a minimum. The cats really like this food and they seem to be very healthy. I have had no problems with tummy upsets and as they still use a litter tray I would know if there were any issues!
Getting "rescue" cats is very rewarding and my cats are making slow but steady progress in their new rural environment. At least food is one thing I have not had to be concerned about.
It's probably more to do with transit but although the food comes in a strong sack (10kg) made of durable material I noticed that the bottom was coming apart very slightly the other day. Nothing had leaked out but one kibble was just showing; it was easy though to push back in and a short piece Sellotape has done a very satisfactory repair, I would not expect this to happen on other sacks but maybe it is something to watch for; (if it did give way completely that would be a lot of food on the floor...) The top is just a roll down job, (unless I misunderstand it which is quite possible!) but I found it easy to secure with a clothes peg after rolling down a few times. A heavy duty zip type might have been better but they do have a habit of going wrong and they also decrease the size of the opening so maybe simple is best!
This 10kg sack from Amazon is definitely the most cost effective way I have found to buy this food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money.., 8 Jan. 2014
Caspers Mom (East Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for a cat I recently adopted as it's what he was fed at Cats Protection. He loves it & so does my other cat, who likes to help himself even though he has his own food.