on 25 May 2015
My cats came from a voluntary branch of Cats Protection (recommended) at the start of the year (2015) and this is the dry food that they were on at the foster carers. I believe they get it in bulk from head office. I had fed my previous cats Royal Canin which is a very good quality food but as the present cats had been through a lot I thought I would stick to the same food as they had been fed to keep change to a minimum. The cats really like this food and they seem to be very healthy. I have had no problems with tummy upsets and as they still use a litter tray I would know if there were any issues!
Getting "rescue" cats is very rewarding and my cats are making slow but steady progress in their new rural environment. At least food is one thing I have not had to be concerned about.
It's probably more to do with transit but although the food comes in a strong sack (10kg) made of durable material I noticed that the bottom was coming apart very slightly the other day. Nothing had leaked out but one kibble was just showing; it was easy though to push back in and a short piece Sellotape has done a very satisfactory repair, I would not expect this to happen on other sacks but maybe it is something to watch for; (if it did give way completely that would be a lot of food on the floor...) The top is just a roll down job, (unless I misunderstand it which is quite possible!) but I found it easy to secure with a clothes peg after rolling down a few times. A heavy duty zip type might have been better but they do have a habit of going wrong and they also decrease the size of the opening so maybe simple is best!
This 10kg sack from Amazon is definitely the most cost effective way I have found to buy this food.
on 25 August 2013
Finding a dry cat food that all four of my cats liked was a difficult task. However, this one is great quality and liked by them all. I would recommend to anyone. Great price and fast delivery.
on 8 March 2013
excellent been paying 49.99 for this bargain to your door following day !cant complain great service highly reccomend this is an excellent buy
on 4 January 2014
My cats eat practicly everything i give them, and this food is no exception. Ive read some reviews and all i can say ita that my cats look healthy and their skin and fur looks in good shape.
on 14 January 2015
I have quite a fussy year old cat. Turned to this as was fed up with wasting food. My vet recommended it as his cats thrived on it.
Brought a bag and I don't think a single little nugget has ever been left. Measure out the daily allowance according to weight but it is hard to stick to this. She just loves it so much.. Her coat is very healthy and as other people say the litter tray does not have that evil smell any more.
No looking back for me and happy little Willow.
on 21 January 2014
Proplan Chicken and Rice is the only food which my fussy cats have stuck with for any length of time, and are still enjoying, hence 5stars from them for the product. Definitely another 5stars from me for the delivery. DPD kept me continuously informed on the whereabouts of the package, even to texting the exact hour it would be delivered and the driver's name, AND, as it was quite heavy he carried it in for me.
I was very impressed with their service.
on 28 September 2013
I have a large number of rescue cats and since they have been eating this particular food they all turn up their noses at the cheaper brands!
on 7 October 2013
I have bought and used this cat food for several years and I have been very pleased. Would certainly recommend.
on 31 January 2015
This cat food is good value and one of the best options out of the commercial dry cat food ranges out there. However I would not feed my cat only on this dry food. Cat's are naturally 100% carnivorous and this food is only 21% chicken - the rest made up of cereals, maize and wheat with artificially added vitamins and minerals. I feed my cat about 50/50 these biscuits and raw chicken. These biscuits provide the extra vitamins he needs, but the chickens tops up his protein requirements and it is very visible in the quality of his coat and teeth when he has been eating enough chicken (if we feed him only these biscuits then his coat quickly becomes dull and greasy in comparison).

However I do think this is one of the best cat biscuit brands available - I would just STRONGLY advise feeding this as part of a raw chicken diet to provide a completely optimised diet.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2014
Our 2 moggies love the Pro Plan range of Cat foods.
Having bought all the main brands they keep going back to this and it never fails to go down well with them.
They have now been eating it exclusively for the past 2 years and their coats and general health are top notch. Amazon prices also take some beating and as usual delivery is always spot on, considering these are 10kg bags the packaging is always good and delivery timely. If your cats are very fluffy I also recommend the Pro Plan Housecat.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse